Thread: SAMVOA - ANZAC Military Parade - 25/4/2012

Red face SAMVOA - ANZAC Military Parade - 25/4/2012

SAMVOA - www.samvoa.org

We participate with proud at the annual ANZAC Day in Australia, representing South Africa.

The link is at: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBXU1UhuXyI

We honour our proud military heritage, our fallen comrades and battlefields of old. South Africa fought with valor in WW1 [Delville Wood] - WW2 [Tobruk, El Alamein, Italy] - Korea [SAAF] and served under the same Allied command structures as part of the Allied Forces. South Africa also fought the biggest battle in Africa since El Alamein - namely Cuito Cuanavale, against the old Sowjet-Union led Cuban and Angolan forces.

Please listen to the internationally acclaimed "Sarie Marais" march music, as adopted by the British military. It stems from the Anglo-Boer War - 1899-1903.

We thank Australia for opening her heart to us to remember our fallen!

Lest we forget!

Thanks for sharing. It seems your group has grown quite a bit since last year.

I was surprised to see someone wearing browns leading your group.

It seemed everyone was wearing green berets, although it is unlikely that everyone would have been in the infantry. So is using the green beret a group choice?

Also, what badge are you wearing on your berets?

Was that a Rhodesian contingent just ahead of you?

I'm envious that we (SADF veterans) can't participate in these types of events here in Canada.

Keep up the good work. We shall not forget.

Good on ya, Eric79. You boys look pretty sharp there!

My father's WWII unit, the 87th Infantry Division JUNKHO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grendel View Post
    Good on ya, Eric79. You boys look pretty sharp there!
    x2.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Kat View Post
    Thanks for sharing. It seems your group has grown quite a bit since last year.

I was surprised to see someone wearing browns leading your group.

It seemed everyone was wearing green berets, although it is unlikely that everyone would have been in the infantry. So is using the green beret a group choice?

Also, what badge are you wearing on your berets?

Was that a Rhodesian contingent just ahead of you?

I'm envious that we (SADF veterans) can't participate in these types of events here in Canada.

Keep up the good work. We shall not forget.
    Thank you Kpl cat. The beret is standard dark green, although some may have weathered throughout the years. Navy and Air Force guys are encourage to wear their headgear. Yes we did grow but would like to grow even bigger. The Rhodesians it seems will always be in front of us because of the ANZAC committee arrangements. The badge - if you go to - www.samvoa.org - is the standard SAMVOA badge - Springbok/ Proteas and the Southern Cross.

I can just imagine how you guys feel, but we are marching for everybody else as well - who for various reasons cannot participate. We are extremely grateful to the RSL and Australian authorities allowing us and it shows that old friends do not forget each other - after all the Springboks and Australian Diggers fought side- by side in WW1/ WW2/ Korea.

Keep well. Lest we forget!

Sweet mate ,keep up the good work.

I was going to crack the shiiits about this but seeing the march was in... Cape Town...............Perth... same thing.I was going to ask why only white guys marching to cause shiiit.But then it hit me what a ex Cape Coloured ****-hole I was ,that I could forget the man who wanted me to be a soldier the most was my White grandfather a ex WW2 South African artilleryman and his father who lost a leg in WW1 and my grandfathers two brothers captured by the Nazis.

The next ANZAC day in Melbourne, instead of marching with my unit I will see if there is a South African Contingent and march with them with a picture of my Grandfather and his brothers in uniform taken in WW2.

Thanks for the inspiration Eric79