Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition'

Man you people are blowing an insignificant question into the meaning of life.

Quote Originally Posted by deagle View Post
    unlike his predecessor who spent a decade in 2 fronts and is now retired to his texas ranch
    Chalking it down to the CIC's ability is pretty weak. Opportunities and intelligence work stretching back to the previous administration may have well been decisive factors in pinpointing OBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    I listened to Romney on a good morning show, I doubt he will. He pretty much said giving it the go was a good thing, he would have done the same/similar. Also I think UBL is full of win, challenging the legality would probably politically back fire. Maybe if Obama is re-elected that could happen. More faux rage and maybe impeachment proceedings.
    That's what I'm thinking. No one wants to look unAmerican and bring up the legality problem but I think eventually it will catch up with him, even if it was the right choice.

good one
    [LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]News: Delta Force and SEAL TEAM Six Ordered To Support President Obama or Else[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]

[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]This is no secret to those who have served in the U.S. Military. Every Warfighter’s job is to support their Commander-in-Chief regardless of political affiliation.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]So be careful of catchy headlines that mislead like the one I used just now and the one the Daily Mail used yesterday. SOFREP does not speak for either of these communities (Delta or Six), we have our own voice and expertise as Special Operations veterans from all branches of service.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Our editors are committed to keeping an open mind with regards to any topic we take issue with and we are careful not to stand to the right or left very long for risk of association.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]We like to be in our own boat and I’m thankful that we are our own masters when it comes to the content on this site. This means we don’t have to rely on a heavy handed handler (Military working dog speak) that points us and our editorial content in one direction or another and yells “attack”.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]

[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]
    Read more: http://sofrep.com/6447/delta-force-a...#ixzz1th1BjojY[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by ACDC View Post
    good one
    [LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]News: Delta Force and SEAL TEAM Six Ordered To Support President Obama or Else[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]

[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]This is no secret to those who have served in the U.S. Military. Every Warfighter’s job is to support their Commander-in-Chief regardless of political affiliation.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]So be careful of catchy headlines that mislead like the one I used just now and the one the Daily Mail used yesterday. SOFREP does not speak for either of these communities (Delta or Six), we have our own voice and expertise as Special Operations veterans from all branches of service.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Our editors are committed to keeping an open mind with regards to any topic we take issue with and we are careful not to stand to the right or left very long for risk of association.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]We like to be in our own boat and I’m thankful that we are our own masters when it comes to the content on this site. This means we don’t have to rely on a heavy handed handler (Military working dog speak) that points us and our editorial content in one direction or another and yells “attack”.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]

[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]
    Read more: http://sofrep.com/6447/delta-force-a...#ixzz1th1BjojY[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    SOFREP. Isn't that those guys from Kit Up trying to make money?

Banned user

Another glaring example of double standards. The media and Democrats raked Bush over the coals for ever mentioning 9/11 in speeches or campaign ads. Now they excuse Obama because "Bush did it too".

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...-bush-re-elect
    [LEFT][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]On MSNBC, Countdown's Keith Olbermann proclaimed about the collapsed World Trade Center towers briefly pictured, "Quote: 'It's as sick as people who stole things out of the place.' Some firefighters, some families of the victims of 9/11, protesting President Bush's new campaign ad."

While Brian Williams now stars in the Obama video, the networks then were beating the anti-Bush drums:[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]"Using these 9/11 images is already drawing political fire from Senator John Kerry and outrage among some victims' families; 'a slap in the face,' says one widow, 'of the murders of 3,000 people.'" – ABC reporter Kate Snow on Good Morning America, March 4.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]The firefighters union says in a statement that it was a cheap trick to use even fleeting images of the real events of 9/11."

- ABC's Diane Sawyer to Karen Hughes on Good Morning America, March 4. Sawyer did not mention that the same firefighters group has endorsed John Kerry and is actively campaigning on behalf of his presidential campaign.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]"But you know this is one of those things where images can make or break a candidate. Could this turn into another 'Mission Accomplished?'"

- CBS's Harry Smith to Hughes on The Early Show on March 4, referring to the banner placed behind the President on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln as he congratulated the crew for their successful role in the military coalition that liberated Iraq.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]"One September 11th widow told the [New York] Daily News this morning she was offended by the use of 9/11 images in these ads, saying quote, 'After three thousand people were murdered on his watch, it seems to me that takes an awful lot of audacity. Honestly, it's in poor taste.' What's your response to that?"

- NBC's Katie Couric to Bush campaign adviser Karen Hughes on the March 4 Today. Couric skipped quotes in the same article from 9/11 relatives who support Bush.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]"President Bush today began running the first television advertisements of his re-election campaign, and already they are drawing heavy criticism, including some from families of 9/11 victims. Political opponents, 9/11 families, and others are accusing the President of doing something he insisted he would never do: Exploit a national tragedy for political gain." CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, March 4.

"Some critics are calling the ads the height of election-year hypocrisy, pointing out that President Bush was quick to use 9/11 to build up his image. At the same time, he is refusing to cooperate fully with the commission investigating the attacks on America." CBS Evening News reporter John Roberts, March 4.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Georgia]"This is not the first time Mr. Bush has been accused of using the 9/11 attack for political gain. In May of 2002 the White House was criticized for allowing congressional Republicans to use a picture of the President on Air Force One speaking to the Vice President just hours after the attacks on New York and Washington. Political analysts say the President is once again walking a fine line."
    - David Gregory on the March 4 NBC Nightly News.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by RangerChallenge View Post
    The only thing that will make LineDoggie happy is if a former JSOC operator becomes president and then goes by himself on a secret mission to take down the NK regime.
    Ahhhh the experience of the Cadidiot, the difference between you and a PFC is the PFC has been promoted twice

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    And I question how many medals you won at the last Special Olympics? How in the hell, in your self important mind, do you presume to know what was done to gain that intel and what the President did or did not approve of in order to acquire it.
    There's plenty of reliable info out at this point so if you don't know what i'm talking about you must want to ignore it. I guess I ran into one of those MOD cyber bullies and pissed you off huh? and your answer to how many medals I won, it's 7 but they were all silver caus you won all the gold medals.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    I wonder if anyone gives a **** what you think? The presidency is an institution, not a person. Lineage of policy is due course and as a newly elected President, Obama was read into everything Bush had approved. So yeah, I guess if you want to arm chair it, you can make another assumption and say "Yeah, I guess he did and if he didnt, he isnt saying anything about it."
    Isn't this a forum board where you express your opinions and read others? I'm wondering because " I wonder if anyone gives a **** what you think" sure makes it sound like this is your own private forum and you make all the rules. Now I'll see if you can respond with less hate and anger!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiveMock View Post
    Another glaring example of double standards. The media and Democrats raked Bush over the coals for ever mentioning 9/11 in speeches or campaign ads. Now they excuse Obama because "Bush did it too".

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...-bush-re-elect
    Hmmmm....this post's style reminds me of a certain banned member of this board's old post. Has me wondering if he's trying to make a comeback, especially after reading over some of his other recent posts.

RIP Leslie Nielsen and Stompin Tom Connors

Firefighter from the moon? Who else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    Hmmmm....this post's style reminds me of a certain banned member of this board's old post. Has me wondering if he's trying to make a comeback, especially after reading over some of his other recent posts.
    links?

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    Hopefully he won't pick a fight with CJ this time. I like his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    I like his posts.
    I would have never guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by h2osun View Post
    Isn't this a forum board where you express your opinions and read others? I'm wondering because " I wonder if anyone gives a **** what you think" sure makes it sound like this is your own private forum and you make all the rules. Now I'll see if you can respond with less hate and anger!
    No hate or anger were included. The internet isnt that serious.