Thread: Scott Brown benefits from health care act

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Default Scott Brown benefits from health care act

Even though he wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act, Sen. Scott Brown admitted Monday that his 23-year-old daughter has health insurance thanks to President Barack Obama’s health care law.

The Massachusetts Republican told the Boston Globe that he takes advantage of the law to keep his daughter Ayla, a professional singer, covered under his congressional health plan.

Of course I do,” he told the paper.

The Republican freshman, likely facing a tough challenge from Democrat Elizabeth Warren this fall, said he’s still opposed to the Affordable Care Act.

“I’ve said right from the beginning, that if there are things that we like, we should take advantage of them and bring them back here to Massachusetts,’’ Brown said. “I’ve already voted to repeal it. You know where I stand on this. This isn’t news.’’

Brown — who voted for Massachusetts’ health care reform law, which was signed into law by then-Gov. Mitt Romney in 2006 — has previously expressed support for the provision that allows young adults to stay on their parents’ plan. But Warren spokeswoman Alethea Harney hit back at Brown’s comments, saying that the senator’s determination to repeal Obama’s health care law makes him a hypocrite.
    [LEFT][*******#000000]Source
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Banned user

Are you implying that his 23 yo daughter would snot have health insurance if she wanted to otherwise? Why?

Brown is using a portion of the Obamacare bill to his advantage.

Obama has done the same with the Patriot act.

Both were against the acts, both since taking office have embraced certain parts to their advantage.

Elizabeth Warren claimed to be a Minority for 10 years as it was to her advantage.

Did she actually lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    Did she actually lie?
    The Journal that list Minority professors relies on self answered questionaires from the professors. She wouldnt have been listed as a Native American if she didnt answer.

The Warren lore has been passed on to her, from the Warren side of the family, I still hessitate to call her a liar, untill she's released her long form family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    The Warren lore has been passed on to her, from the Warren side of the family, I still hessitate to call her a liar, untill she's released her long form family tree.
    She denied it initially and now her campaign admits she classified herself that way.

Maybe we should contain the Warren ancestry to the Warren ancestry thread.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

"Barack Obama benefits from Super PACs!!! News at eleven!"