Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US April Job Report 115,000 Actual, 160,000 Consensus

Quote Originally Posted by Mujo2000 View Post
    OK. I can agree with that. The labor participation has been doing down. I also read an article about more people applying for disability.

I don't think it will keep going down though. Once (whenever that is) jobs start picking up again, I am pretty sure that rate will increase. Maybe we'll even see an increase in the unemployment rate, although more jobs are being created. I thought that would happen, since more jobs would mean more job seekers.
    I agree that most people don't bother, have time, know, care about those numbers. Taking care of yourself and your family takes enough energy out of most. I don't however see some kinda conspiracy to keep people ignorant. The numbers are out there. If you want them, look them up.
    There is a strong belief that a great percentage of the jobs lost during this recession are never coming back i.e manufacturing jobs. Many people believe before the recession hit, there were to many jobs to begin with, but now companies have been able to work with less rather than more and still make a profit. How does one go from that condition (making more/same with less), you need innovation and an environment that fosters and doesn't hurt entrepreneurs. Simply put, this environment will not change as long as costs increase for business to expand and grow.

Banned user

[*******#333333]How is hiring people for the census a game? It happens every 10 years. [/COLOR]
    I feel like I am speaking with a teenager. Really dude? How is it a game?

Adding 750,000 census jobs in one month does not skew the numbers for a positive jobs report which is then politicized?

[*******#333333]Have you every gone through the process in order to receive disability? You can't just move people to disability when you like it. More people are applying for it, but they are not just "moved" there.[/COLOR]
    how naive are you. I guess unemployment going down and disability going up is just a coincidence. People are just getting injured more often these days.

[*******#333333]Point out the flaws, point up what you'd do differently. Finding all these conspiracies in everything this administration does, is just getting annoying. I mean, there must be something that was done, where you can point out concrete examples. Are they the first ones to use this method of counting? Are they fudging numbers? Are they counting more people working than there really are? Something.[/COLOR]
    wtf? now you are going off the rails. I am highlighting that the administration is playing games for political means. The reality is MUCH worse than is being presented. How hard is this concept to understand?

this is twice in a row you have displayed some of the most basic lack of logic I've seen in a long time. Previously you failed to grasp that the wisconsin numbers you held so dear were re-adjusted and now this garbage

Quote Originally Posted by shermbodius View Post
    That we are in a nose dive.
    Meh. It was a nose dive, it was shallowed, now it's on a shallow uptick.

I don't know how old you are, but I've lived in a place where you started January with a money note worth 20, and by March that note was 2,000,000. They kept adding zeros to it. Then in the middle of the month "new" money came out, and you had until a certain time to use up all your "old" money. It was just silly. No, it won't happen here. Don't even start.

The recession was certainly no joke, and many people are still suffering from it. It is going back up though. Not as fast as needed, but it could be much worse.

Banned user

[*******#333333]I don't however see some kinda conspiracy to keep people ignorant.[/COLOR]
    How long have you been following american politics? EVERYTHING is political. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujo2000 View Post
    Meh. It was a nose dive, it was shallowed, now it's on a shallow uptick.

I don't know how old you are, but I've lived in a place where you started January with a money note worth 20, and by March that note was 2,000,000. They kept adding zeros to it. Then in the middle of the month "new" money came out, and you had until a certain time to use up all your "old" money. It was just silly. No, it won't happen here. Don't even start.

The recession was certainly no joke, and many people are still suffering from it. It is going back up though. Not as fast as needed, but it could be much worse.
    Mujo, old enough to remember the 70's. No to start an argument but we have not even seen the armaggedon of taxes that will hit next year. This will crush any minor gains during this election year. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by tokengator View Post
    I feel like I am speaking with a teenager. Really dude? How is it a game?

Adding 750,000 census jobs in one month does not skew the numbers for a positive jobs report which is then politicized?
    Your arguments make no sense. That's why I am asking. EVERYBODY and their brother knew about the census jobs. EVERY job report mentioned the census hiring. EVERY ONE. Every news report always threw in the "due to census hiring"

People applying for disability doesn't mean that the GOVERNMENT is moving them there. You are implying that every single circumstance is orchestrated as a way to cheat by the current administration.

Wisconsin is a different thread. Even with the revised numbers, they still have one of the worst job creation numbers. Period. They've lost second most jobs after CA, and they are still creating them slower than 42 other states. Can you understand that?

Banned user

[*******#333333]Your arguments make no sense. That's why I am asking. EVERYBODY and their brother knew about the census jobs. EVERY job report mentioned the census hiring. EVERY ONE. Every news report always threw in the "due to census hiring"[/COLOR]

[*******#333333]People applying for disability doesn't mean that the GOVERNMENT is moving them there. You are implying that every single circumstance is orchestrated as a way to cheat by the current administration. [/COLOR]

[*******#333333]Wisconsin is a different thread. Even with the revised numbers, they still have one of the worst job creation numbers. Period. They've lost second most jobs after CA, and they are still creating them slower than 42 other states. Can you understand that?[/COLOR]
    The numbers did not account for the census jobs. The additional ANALYSIS of those numbers did. Just like we are doing right now. Analyzing the drop in unemployment.

The rest is strawman. You are projecting that I said every single person applying for disability is because the government is moving them there. I am pointing out the very odd correlation in a spike in disability and a drop in unemployment. I can share a personal example but it is pointless because you believe it anyway.

so to you..in an election year that a spike in disability, drop in unemployment, is just one big coincidence? There is no political gain whatsoever from attempting to downplay the fact that despite our much larger population figures we have the smallest workforce we've had in almost 30 years. Perceptions don't matter in politics.

[*******#333333]Wisconsin is a different thread. Even with the revised numbers, they still have one of the worst job creation numbers. Period. They've lost second most jobs after CA, and they are still creating them slower than 42 other states. Can you understand that?[/COLOR]
    The point still escapes you. My main point was austerity. When austerity is initiated Job loss is a given....and almost all those jobs lost were public sector jobs. Things do not turnaround overnight, but things ARE turning around. That is it, THAT is the point and supported my assertion that in the long run europe will turnaround after the short term impacts of austerity wear off.

Wisconsin is turning around, they now have their lowest unemployment in roughly 5 years...they also, for the first time in almost 10 years, will have GROWTH in their economy.

Just like this discussion the larger point escapes you. You get too bogged down in minutia
    Last edited by tokengator; 05-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Don't forget the morons in Congress, I am assuming in both aisles, failing to act on the initiative to spur job creation especially in the sorely needed area of infrastructure. I know the GOP is sitting on their fat asses just to hurt Obama in his re-election, while the Democrats don't have the balls to do anything...

Not to speak of the effort to enhance the tax cuts for the wealthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Indianatheart View Post
    I know the GOP is sitting on their fat asses just to hurt Obama in his re-election, while the Democrats don't have the balls to do anything...
    Just wait till the election time is over. S&P, Moodys and Fitch have their fingers on the trigger.
    2013 - 2017 = market driven politics.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
    Just wait till the election time is over. S&P, Moodys and Fitch have their fingers on the trigger.
    2013 - 2017 = market driven politics.
    Depends who wins. If Barry does, I'll bet businesses batten down the hatches and make today look like a panacea of job opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Indianatheart View Post
    I know the GOP is sitting on their fat asses just to hurt Obama in his re-election, while the Democrats don't have the balls to do anything...

Not to speak of the effort to enhance the tax cuts for the wealthy...
    No you don't know. I'm no fan of the politicians of either side for the most part but the GOP house has submitted many jobs bills that have gone nowhere in the demonrat senate. Not that it would get passed by obama if it didn't have a payoff for one or more of his chronies. Pay attention to the facts before you shoot your mouth off.

If you don't want the wealthy to do well then you don't want jobs. You can whine all you want but rich people create jobs by the things they buy, the investments they make, or having businesses that employee people. Nobody just sits on their money doing nothing.

You obviously have no idea how money works.

Banned user

job bills? The GOP is promoting job bills? what the hell happened to conservatism in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by thesarge View Post
    No you don't know. I'm no fan of the politicians of either side for the most part but the GOP house has submitted many jobs bills that have gone nowhere in the demonrat senate. Not that it would get passed by obama if it didn't have a payoff for one or more of his chronies. Pay attention to the facts before you shoot your mouth off.

If you don't want the wealthy to do well then you don't want jobs. You can whine all you want but rich people create jobs by the things they buy, the investments they make, or having businesses that employee people. Nobody just sits on their money doing nothing.

You obviously have no idea how money works.
    So how does the economic theory of consumption work? Remember the little example of widgets..

Quote Originally Posted by HK in AK View Post
    So how does the economic theory of consumption work? Remember the little example of widgets..
    Don't conflate "money" with "goods".