Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Sean Hannity Takes On Occupy Wall Street Leader

  1. #31
    Senior Member gresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    "Buh..uh..buh...I just started looking for a job"

  2. #32
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    22,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyTalon View Post
    That's not Fox News's problem. OWS is a political movement that has consistently shown that they can't be bothered to put any effort into any endeavour that doesn't involve camping out in a public. When they don't have a set agenda or police their own ranks to marginalize or remove the extremist morons, then of course people like Sean Hannity are going to bring out the aforementioned morons to continue to chastise and ridicule the movement.
    We had several threads on OWS. They did have 2 points, after that with all the other groups and people with agends it got mixed up and the media, as they did with the Tea Party, did not present complete view of the movement. They did have people to police their ranks, they were called peace keepers, but as I mention OWS attracted a lot of other "people". In Portland OR, the mental health facilities told people to go to occupy town. They would get free counseling, food and a place to crash. Soon the homeless and druggies dominated the camps. It was a grass root movements, like most Americans they knew something was wrong, like the Tea Party most were not political people and were clueless on how to do things. They operated by consensus which some of the "other groups" and individuals did not follow. It's biggest problems was mostly within itself. There where some very articulated and knowledgeable people in the camps, lets face it, the media needs excitement to sell their baloney.

    OWS here ranged from far left to some Tea Party members. My experience was go to the Salem OR camp and Portland Camp, I wanted to see for myself. I did this with the Tea Party people too. Our media sucks. They can not even get the weather right.

  3. #33
    Senior Member DS73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    just a big old cornfield
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    The amount of violence and property destruction at these OWS campouts suggests Hannity could have walked into any one of them, thrown a brick and nailed 20 others for his show just like this guy. Sure, it could be media spin, but given the degree Pelosi and Obama were fawning all over this movement, you'd think coverage of OWS behavior would be spun to tone things down if anything. (I'm not talking about this interview specifically, but OWS behavior in general.)
    This nicely goes with this:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...Comrades/page2

    I just have no words.

  4. #34
    Senior Member G-AWZT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7,072

    Default

    I wonder if Hollyweird and Barry will continue to side with these crusty lice ridden morons.

  5. #35
    Senior Member BloodyTalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Are we not men?! We are DEVO!
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    We had several threads on OWS. They did have 2 points, after that with all the other groups and people with agends it got mixed up and the media, as they did with the Tea Party, did not present complete view of the movement. They did have people to police their ranks, they were called peace keepers, but as I mention OWS attracted a lot of other "people". In Portland OR, the mental health facilities told people to go to occupy town. They would get free counseling, food and a place to crash. Soon the homeless and druggies dominated the camps. It was a grass root movements, like most Americans they knew something was wrong, like the Tea Party most were not political people and were clueless on how to do things. They operated by consensus which some of the "other groups" and individuals did not follow. It's biggest problems was mostly within itself. There where some very articulated and knowledgeable people in the camps, lets face it, the media needs excitement to sell their baloney.

    OWS here ranged from far left to some Tea Party members. My experience was go to the Salem OR camp and Portland Camp, I wanted to see for myself. I did this with the Tea Party people too. Our media sucks. They can not even get the weather right.
    What exactly are those two agendas again? They've never been mentioned in any news source, never mentioned on this forum or others, and when I stopped by Occupy SD earlier this week no one mentioned these alleged two major goals. Furthermore, if OWS had enough time and resources to play Communist Renaissance Faire and Rapestravagenza all over the damn place, why haven't they done anything to make their political goals more publically known and cull all the nutcases that have essentially hijacked the movement?

  6. #36
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    22,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyTalon View Post
    What exactly are those two agendas again? They've never been mentioned in any news source, never mentioned on this forum or others, and when I stopped by Occupy SD earlier this week no one mentioned these alleged two major goals. Furthermore, if OWS had enough time and resources to play Communist Renaissance Faire and Rapestravagenza all over the damn place, why haven't they done anything to make their political goals more publically known and cull all the nutcases that have essentially hijacked the movement?

    They wanted corporate responsibility and government transparency. I think by now, you nailed it by saying, "the nutcases that have essentially hijacked the movement."

    Late October/early November one of the members that I got to know, said that the homeless completely took over the agenda and that the druggies has chased away a lot of the other people. That seemed to coincide with change in who OWS did things here.

    Probably they haven't done anything, because the original OWS leadership is gone. They wanted consents, with something like a 90% group approval. New arrivals did their own things. Leftest fringe groups did their own thing and want to highjack he movement and recruit members. Probably by mid November it became a cluster F. They are pretty much a rag tag group now, what is left of them. They don't even make the news.

    Some people said that the bad winter weather caused it, but I think it was made with some good intentions relying on the good nature of humans to succeed and found out the good nature of humanity only goes so far and not many people are interested. Free food, free place to flop, free medical, etc, changed the OWS to one big massive flop house of homeless, street kids, druggies, criminal types and that scared the other people away.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Chiptox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Farms, PNW
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Some of Flaggs questions have little to do with wall street and more to do with our broken higher education system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    *Why does education cost 3 to 4 HUNDRED % more today than it did 20 years ago?
    Because people will pay it. Financing is easy and government backed. There is no incentive for the universities to keep it cheap... unless they are some backwater state college (which are disliked by prospective students because their football teams are only FBS or *shudder* NAIA!). Those are still pretty affordable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    *Why have average starting salaries for college graduates(who've just paid 3-4x the cost of 20 years ago) been stagnant for those same 20 years?
    Degree inflation. Years of telling children "you must have a degree to be sucessful" have led to a bunch of sheepskin-holding baristas. A masters is worth approximately what an bachelors was 20 years ago. Meanwhile, the trades are hurting for skilled workers due to the disdain and neglect shown for decades of technical schooling.

  8. #38
    Suspended for infractions
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jesus, Mary and Josef Stalin's house
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-AWZT View Post
    I wonder if Hollyweird and Barry will continue to side with these crusty lice ridden morons.
    When was the last time any politician turned away a potential voter?.

  9. #39
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    why is me not banned?
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West Texican View Post
    I never said it was a setup and don't accuse me of sympathizing with the OWS people because that ain't so. I'm calling out Hannity and his team for cherry picking. I think they knew this guy was a fool and they used him as such in a vain attempt to stroke their own egos, like a bully picking on the "slow" kid. Honestly I think Shultz is a very mixed up person and borderline in his mental faculties. Don't you expect more from the news than this kind of shallow garbage?

    By the way, look up Maynard G. Krebs.
    Yeah. My post was more me throwing a hizzy fit after 12 pints of beer last night. Sadly, this type of journo has becoming more and more common in my county too. We're all *****ed soon.

    Cheerio.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •