Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Against Obama, even a Jailbird gets some votes

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amateur!
    True, but the Democrats KNEW he was a convict before making hima candidate. guess they're used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Nicely you forgot the stop and go robber likely also used Violence and a weapon, something the white collar evil man didnt use. That might also affect ones sentence.....
    point taken. i still weigh destroying the livelihoods and futures of thousands of people with financial ruin up there with 'brandishing a weapon'.

Banned user

I'm voting for none of the above.

Its just surreal that a convict in prison can run for office

And get 4 out of every 10 votes

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Its just surreal that a convict in prison can run for office

And get 4 out of every 10 votes
    I wonder how many of them were dumbasses thinking, "huh, huh, I'll vote for the con just for kicks".

Lets face as of now only reason to vote for Obama or Romney is because they are in the same party as you and because "well you know they're atleast there". Also i think that comment "well he's there" was used a few months back as why someone was going to vote for Romney.

But ya this really doesn't shock me, thou i'm surprised a prison can run for president but can't vote in an election.

I voted in the West Virginia primary yesterday, as a Republican so I did not see the Democrat candidates. However there are no details listed on the ballot forms, so the fact that Judd is in the slammer was not evident. It seems as though anyone, Republican, Democrat or Independent can get on the ballot by simply filing a $2,500 filing fee. I just wonder what's behind this farce.

As for the 40% against Obama, while West Virginia is a nominal Democratic state, but it's main industries are coal, timber and agriculture, all pretty conservative gun toting types of folks. Hell, even the women wear cammo here.

From the article:

Judd got on the state ballot by paying a $2,500 fee and filing a form known as a notarized certification of announcement, said Jake Glance, a spokesman for the Secretary of State's office.

Attracting at least 15 percent of the vote would normally qualify a candidate for a delegate to the Democratic National Convention. But state Democratic Party Executive Director Derek Scarbro said no one has filed to be a delegate for Judd. The state party also believes that Judd has failed to file paperwork required of presidential candidates, but officials continue to research the matter, Scarbro said.

Senior Member archibald harry tuttle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    I read this as 4 in 10 West Virginians really are products of incest and voted for someone that looks just like daddy.
    CJ, I regret to inform you that Deliverance IS NOT a documentary and that kind of thinking deficiency is what malkes poeple outside the USA to view all americans as ignorant.

The write in choices this year will be interesting

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

I think a lot of West Virgina Dems just voted for 'the guy who was not Obama'. Barry O and his EPA are waging war on the coal industry, which is the biggest employer in the region. West Virginia has always been a hard place to find a decent job. Slashing the number of coal mining jobs, as well as jobs in supporting industries will economically devastate an already hard-hit area. The 'anybody but Obama' vote should not be a surprise to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    I think a lot of West Virgina Dems just voted for 'the guy who was not Obama'. Barry O and his EPA are waging war on the coal industry, which is the biggest employer in the region. West Virginia has always been a hard place to find a decent job. Slashing the number of coal mining jobs, as well as jobs in supporting industries will economically devastate an already hard-hit area. The 'anybody but Obama' vote should not be a surprise to anyone.
    This. I live in WV and traditionally 90% of the local political seats go to Democrats. The coal miners union makes sure that WV stays in the good graces of Democrats on that front. However, they will always pick the more conservative presidential candidate. Judd just happened to not be Obama. The voters knew nothing about him but just knew he wasn't the guy who was working hard to punish the mining industry.