Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Nice to leave out Reagan was also the President, not just some mayor or just an actor, so maybe thats why some of his views hold greater weight than say Larry Storches....
    No one thinks one actor's opinion is gospel, it's just that he summed up how a lot of us feel about it. Who cares? Why should anyone dink with a constitution, the supreme law of the land in any self-respecting government entity, just to stop gay people from getting married? Constitutions should not be f[*******#000000]u[/COLOR]cked with over the flavor of the month. His quote was apt and to the point. It was not at all a sanctimonious rant from the Jeanine Snufflelupagus people on MSNBC or whomever you're thinking about. That crowd gets no mileage from most of this website - come on, you know that.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Hey. here is some tolerance.

Just striin the pot eh? ^

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by CG51 View Post
    Hey. here is some tolerance.

Odds are quite low this dude will be caught pants down in a bathroom stall with a male hooker and a bag of ice. They tend to do.

Wait. Am I an bigot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    Odds are quite low this dude will be caught pants down in a bathroom stall with a male hooker and a bag of ice. They tend to do.

Wait. Am I an bigot now?
    Dont you mean odds quite high?

Banned user

I don't know if it's a way of language, but over here low odds means it's very likely to happen, as in the odds are 1.05, meaning you'll get 1.05 return on your investment. But come to think of it I believe I've heard 'odds are high' as an American/English expression bearing the same meaning.

Not like I have anything more to contribute to this thread anyway.

Milo Drinker of Death

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRJG View Post
    Fetuses and gay marriages is where it's at, people. Nothing else matters.
    Racist...you forget Trevyon......now go buy some skittles you homophobic racist.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by liberal cl View Post
    That's a very scary mindset.

Let's look at some leftist ideology:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

Karl Popper for you, basically admitting that his that anyone smart enough not to buy into what "tolerant" liberals are selling ought to be persecuted like a felon.
    You got it all wrong. You cannot impose your own will on people. Therefore, the fact that you are intolerant to their tolerance makes you a felon.

On this case, gays want to marry among them. You say no. That is showing intolerance. It should not be tolerated in the eyes of Popper.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    Just striin the pot eh? ^
    He likes to call it "Flinging Poo"

NEO-CON!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    I dunno, if two guys kiss each other and sign a paper somewhere, my family will just IMPLODE. My parents will divorce on the spot (cause the sanctity of marriage is ruined!), all my aunts and uncles will tear their clothes off and dry **** anything that moves, and I'd probably become a zoophilic pedophile by the end of the week. It would be cultural genocide I tell you!
    That does it! I'm getting a restraining order for you to stay away from kittens!!!111!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgor View Post
    No **** dimwit, Odds high that he will be found means more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    I don't know if it's a way of language, but over here low odds means it's very likely to happen, as in the odds are 1.05, meaning you'll get 1.05 return on your investment.
    You're from opposite world?

Quote Originally Posted by liberal cl View Post
    You're from opposite world?
    Lost in translation springs to mind.

IMHO it is pretty retarded, as was already pointed out in this thread, to prevent gay couples from forming civil unions or "marry".

There is absolutely no way this would infringe on the rights or privileges of all the other citizens. So where exactly is the harm done?

The counter arguments don't hold any water either,

1. Moral implications: Just because two people enjoy the same benefits as another couple means the downfall of moral standards?
    2. Sanctity of marriage: The focus for gay couples is on the civil union part I guess, so the whole argument for the devaluation of marriage is populist bull****, especially when you consider how for example Las Vegas devalues it.

The hypocrisy with which this debate has been lead is in parts particularly astounding, especially that meme spartan posted made me chuckle becasue it is so true for a lot of conservatives. And I beg you to deny that and follow that denial up with coherent arguments.
    Of course this intolerance is not limited to conservatives, it is prevalent in all parts of society and isn't bound to parties/religious groups/whatever else.

After all the government has now decided to intrude into the life of Americans, in an unnecessary way, because of the will of the majority.
    That should be a big No-No in a developed democracy, and more so in the so called land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexer View Post
    After all the government has now decided to intrude into the life of Americans, in an unnecessary way, because of the will of the majority.
    That should be a big No-No in a developed democracy, and more so in the so called land of the free.
    1) The US is not a democracy

2) If the US were a democracy, you just described exactly how it would happen

3) This is the way NC decided to resolve the issue. As far as I know they have the right to, and the fact that neither you nor I agree with it means our opinion counts for ~0 since neither of us are citizens of North Carolina...
    Last edited by Spartan10k; 05-10-2012 at 07:27 AM.