Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Wow, Janine Garofalo or Jon Voight makes some statement yall dont like and its Friggen Hollywood stars opinions are like anyone elses who cares. Now Clint opines about this and yall are ready to sacrifice your first born for him.

What changed? still just a Hollywood celebrity and no greater weight than anyones else in this thread Pro or Con's Opinion.
    I saw a documentary where he saved the president.

But seriously, its just an opinion. He just gave an opinion. Ted Nugent is a better comparrisions to those idiots that go on MSNBC.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Wow, Janine Garofalo or Jon Voight makes some statement yall dont like and its Friggen Hollywood stars opinions are like anyone elses who cares. Now Clint opines about this and yall are ready to sacrifice your first born for him.

What changed? still just a Hollywood celebrity and no greater weight than anyones else in this thread Pro or Con's Opinion.
    On what *****ing planet, to say nothing of being on a military forum, is Janine Garofalo even in the same stratosphere as Clint Eastwood? Worst comparison ever. And disingenuously presented as some lame ass counter argument that you don't even believe.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Do you wander around all day pointing at people like some Body Snatcher, screaming "LEFTIST"?

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Nice to leave out Reagan was also the President, not just some mayor or just an actor, so maybe thats why some of his views hold greater weight than say Larry Storches....
    No one thinks one actor's opinion is gospel, it's just that he summed up how a lot of us feel about it. Who cares? Why should anyone dink with a constitution, the supreme law of the land in any self-respecting government entity, just to stop gay people from getting married? Constitutions should not be f[*******#000000]u[/COLOR]cked with over the flavor of the month. His quote was apt and to the point. It was not at all a sanctimonious rant from the Jeanine Snufflelupagus people on MSNBC or whomever you're thinking about. That crowd gets no mileage from most of this website - come on, you know that.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

Hey. here is some tolerance.

Just striin the pot eh? ^

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    On what *****ing planet, to say nothing of being on a military forum, is Janine Garofalo even in the same stratosphere as Clint Eastwood? Worst comparison ever. And disingenuously presented as some lame ass counter argument that you don't even believe.
    Well excuse me but I do believe it. I dont hold any celebrities opinion as higher than mine or anyone elses be they a Garofalo, Nugent, Voight, Baldwin, Depp, etc. Being a celebrity doesnt make one suddenly infallible in their views.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by CG51 View Post
    Hey. here is some tolerance.

Odds are quite low this dude will be caught pants down in a bathroom stall with a male hooker and a bag of ice. They tend to do.

Wait. Am I an bigot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    Odds are quite low this dude will be caught pants down in a bathroom stall with a male hooker and a bag of ice. They tend to do.

Wait. Am I an bigot now?
    Dont you mean odds quite high?

Banned user

I don't know if it's a way of language, but over here low odds means it's very likely to happen, as in the odds are 1.05, meaning you'll get 1.05 return on your investment. But come to think of it I believe I've heard 'odds are high' as an American/English expression bearing the same meaning.

Not like I have anything more to contribute to this thread anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRJG View Post
    Fetuses and gay marriages is where it's at, people. Nothing else matters.
    Racist...you forget Trevyon......now go buy some skittles you homophobic racist.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by liberal cl View Post
    That's a very scary mindset.

Let's look at some leftist ideology:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

Karl Popper for you, basically admitting that his that anyone smart enough not to buy into what "tolerant" liberals are selling ought to be persecuted like a felon.
    You got it all wrong. You cannot impose your own will on people. Therefore, the fact that you are intolerant to their tolerance makes you a felon.

On this case, gays want to marry among them. You say no. That is showing intolerance. It should not be tolerated in the eyes of Popper.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    Just striin the pot eh? ^
    He likes to call it "Flinging Poo"

NEO-CON!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    I dunno, if two guys kiss each other and sign a paper somewhere, my family will just IMPLODE. My parents will divorce on the spot (cause the sanctity of marriage is ruined!), all my aunts and uncles will tear their clothes off and dry **** anything that moves, and I'd probably become a zoophilic pedophile by the end of the week. It would be cultural genocide I tell you!
    That does it! I'm getting a restraining order for you to stay away from kittens!!!111!1!