Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

Quote Originally Posted by RangerChallenge View Post
    That's weird. I went and read it again and I didn't see any form of argument there...it looked to me like an opinion.
    Because it was an opinion, as is every post on this thread. That said, you haven't posted one, not that I'd imagine anyone would care.

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Hey Ranger, whether he walks around split ass in a garden of pansy flowers or not, Clint is universally accepted as an icon of American manliness. Sure, he is an actor for 50 years. Reagan was an actor for a fraction of that time and his words are somehow accepted as creed for the conservative movement in America. The quote just said the obvious - why should people care about what is essentially a social wedge issue during an election year?

I dunno, if two guys kiss each other and sign a paper somewhere, my family will just IMPLODE. My parents will divorce on the spot (cause the sanctity of marriage is ruined!), all my aunts and uncles will tear their clothes off and dry **** anything that moves, and I'd probably become a zoophilic pedophile by the end of the week. It would be cultural genocide I tell you!

Wow, Janine Garofalo or Jon Voight makes some statement yall dont like and its Friggen Hollywood stars opinions are like anyone elses who cares. Now Clint opines about this and yall are ready to sacrifice your first born for him.

What changed? still just a Hollywood celebrity and no greater weight than anyones else in this thread Pro or Con's Opinion.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Wow, Janine Garofalo or Jon Voight makes some statement yall dont like and its Friggen Hollywood stars opinions are like anyone elses who cares. Now Clint opines about this and yall are ready to sacrifice your first born for him.

What changed? still just a Hollywood celebrity and no greater weight than anyones else in this thread Pro or Con's Opinion.
    Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieraygun View Post
    Hey Ranger, whether he walks around split ass in a garden of pansy flowers or not, Clint is universally accepted as an icon of American manliness. Sure, he is an actor for 50 years. Reagan was an actor for a fraction of that time and his words are somehow accepted as creed for the conservative movement in America. The quote just said the obvious - why should people care about what is essentially a social wedge issue during an election year?
    Nice to leave out Reagan was also the President, not just some mayor or just an actor, so maybe thats why some of his views hold greater weight than say Larry Storches....

Its called charisma. When some people speak, other people care, are interested, persuaded etc. When others do the same, well they might as well have flung their sh1t against the wall.

Banned user

I saw a documentary where he saved the president.

But seriously, its just an opinion. He just gave an opinion. Ted Nugent is a better comparrisions to those idiots that go on MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Do you wander around all day pointing at people like some Body Snatcher, screaming "LEFTIST"?

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Nice to leave out Reagan was also the President, not just some mayor or just an actor, so maybe thats why some of his views hold greater weight than say Larry Storches....
    No one thinks one actor's opinion is gospel, it's just that he summed up how a lot of us feel about it. Who cares? Why should anyone dink with a constitution, the supreme law of the land in any self-respecting government entity, just to stop gay people from getting married? Constitutions should not be f[*******#000000]u[/COLOR]cked with over the flavor of the month. His quote was apt and to the point. It was not at all a sanctimonious rant from the Jeanine Snufflelupagus people on MSNBC or whomever you're thinking about. That crowd gets no mileage from most of this website - come on, you know that.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar
    Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves!

Hey. here is some tolerance.

Just striin the pot eh? ^

Banned user

Dont you mean odds quite high?
    I don't know if it's a way of language, but over here low odds means it's very likely to happen, as in the odds are 1.05, meaning you'll get 1.05 return on your investment. But come to think of it I believe I've heard 'odds are high' as an American/English expression bearing the same meaning.

Not like I have anything more to contribute to this thread anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRJG View Post
    Fetuses and gay marriages is where it's at, people. Nothing else matters.
    Racist...you forget Trevyon......now go buy some skittles you homophobic racist.