Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US self-defence expert banned from entering UK

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Are you? Is anybody else, for that matter?
    No, hence I'm not casually contradicting the Home Office.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    It's an embarrassing over-reaction to ban somebody from entering a country solely based on the perception a few people might have of what he does. I mean, he's not a hate preacher or something like that.
    We can pick and choose who enters this country (by and large). You don't have to agree with that principle but I'm pretty glad we can do that.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    As Wahnsinn said "He seems completely unaware that we have three legal systems, completely unaware that you can defend yourself in all three and completely unaware of the fact that you could kill somebody in self defence and not be put in prison in all three systems."

If I recall correctly the last "Omg self defence is illegal in Britain" thread went surprisingly quiet when the homeowner wasn't charged with any crime.

Actually you can. There are plenty of self defence classes run legally in the UK.

I'm also slightly confused how self defence laws and communism are related, but then again I'm probably expecting too much loginc from you by asking that question.

There are also Jewish courts. The right of third party arbitration for disputes has been in law here for decades.
    To me the whole situation is stupid.And I posted the articles about Sharia court,because a guy who teaches a bit hard self defense technic i ban from entering UK,but you have muslim in UK who do not respect judicial system,take matter in their hand and no one say anything.You have people shouting in UK street Allah is great and so on,but a self defense instructor is no allowed to attend a conference........
    The wide spread alcohol use by Brits is creating much more problems then this instructor will ever do.For the record I have been in London and seen this with my own eyes and have friends all over UK to confirm it.
    Yes UK have every right to reject him entering,but the reason is .........laughable.
    To compare Jewish court with Sharia ones is
    In Communism you are not allowed self defense(classes,courses etc.) as much as the democratic countries if any,you relay on the Government to protect you......

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph BG View Post
    To me the whole situation is stupid.And I posted the articles about Sharia court,because a guy who teaches a bit hard self defense technic i ban from entering UK,but you have muslim in UK who do not respect judicial system,take matter in their hand and no one say anything.You have people shouting in UK street Allah is great and so on,but a self defense instructor is no allowed to attend a conference........
    The wide spread alcohol use by Brits is creating much more problems then this instructor will ever do.For the record I have been in London and seen this with my own eyes and have friends all over UK to confirm it.
    Yes UK have every right to reject him entering,but the reason is .........laughable.
    In Communism you are not allowed self defense(classes,courses etc.) as much as the democratic countries if any,you relay on the Government to protect you......

In the UK you're allowed self defence classes. You're just not allowed to teach people, you know, how to kill other people. The articles surrounding this are brief but I would imagine that is the crux of the matter.

At the end of day we've all got our own countries to worry about more than we should be worrying about the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairborne Ranger View Post
    The man in question is a ex-SEAL.
    The man in question is a big liar. He has lied about his service as an ex-SEAL for years and was exposed by real US Navy SEAL authenticators in the past. Tim Larkin has never completed BUD/S according to real USN SEALs and when confronted about it, he often changes his story and claims that he was dropped from SEAL training due to a ruptured eardrum during training (another lie, as he ruptured it during a civilian dive when he was off duty)

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=47063 has the details.

Either way his being ex mil has no bearing on the case at hand.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro C9 View Post
    In the UK you're allowed self defence classes. You're just not allowed to teach people, you know, how to kill other people. The articles surrounding this are brief but I would imagine that is the crux of the matter.

[*******#ff0000]At the end of day we've all got our own countries to worry about more than we should be worrying about the UK[/COLOR].
    What that suppose to mean?Because mine or anyone else country have problems we can not talk about the subject on this thread???
    I was making a comparison how a country doesn't allow to have a self defense instructor(even harsh methods ),but allows wide spread uncontrolled alcohol use or religious fanatism on its streets.Which and who is more dangerous,what do you think?

What that suppose to mean?Because mine or anyone else country have problems we can not talk about the subject on this thread???
    I was making a comparison how a country doesn't allow to have a self defense instructor(even harsh methods ),but allows wide spread uncontrolled alcohol use or religious fanatism on its streets.Which and who is more dangerous,what do you think?
    Which is more communist, do you think, the banning of religion like you advocate or the banning of a single man?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro C9 View Post
    Which is more communist, do you think, the banning of religion like you advocate or the banning of a single man?
    I don't advocate for anything.To me its ridiculous to ban a single man with exaggerated pretext and don't ban religious courts of any kind which are in direct conflict with the laws of the land.

I don't advocate for anything.To me its ridiculous to ban a single man with exaggerated pretext and don't ban religious courts of any kind which are in direct conflict with the laws of the land.
    They're not religious courts at all though, they're basically mediation hearings. They're actually in law, hence why they can operate.

Getting ripped in mp.net's insanity thread!

Quote Originally Posted by happyslapper View Post
    No, hence I'm not casually contradicting the Home Office.
    Maybe he put somthing on ****ook or twa tter lol (US a few weeks back)
    Home office perfectly capable of getting it wrong, head in the sands approach not going to work as part of checks and balances... and yes Wahnsinn - it's good you can choose to a certain extent, but lets not say that's above mistakes. I am not questioning the right to choose - just the decision (maybe). It's equally important that you can question gov performance.

But like I said every decent Jiu Jitsu class up and down the country is teaching how to maim, if not kill, will they be closed as part of a matching policy?

Yeah Zorro, only people from the country in question can contribute to threads relating to them lol

He has lied about his service as an ex-SEAL for years and was exposed by real US Navy SEAL authenticators in the past.
    VERY interesting

You're mistaking Sharia courts for Sharia law in the middle east, all these courts do is advise muslims who would CHOOSE to go to them for arbitration and business advice, so yes they are comparable to Jewish courts here in the UK, they have no legal basis to do anything, they're on a par with Citizens Advice Bureau.

You say you have friends here, then I suggest they know as little as you do about our country, yes there are alcohol problems, but what has that got to do with this thread???

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

And I posted the articles about Sharia court,because a guy who teaches a bit hard self defense technic i ban from entering UK,but you have muslim in UK who do not respect judicial system,take matter in their hand and no one say anything.
    Sharia courts are not banned or illegal. They can be used for civil and business disputes because in the UK, you can use any third party arbitration that all parties agree to. Other options include Jewish courts, asking your mum or flipping a coin.

You have people shouting in UK street Allah is great and so on,but a self defense instructor is no allowed to attend a conference........
    What would be illegal about shouting Allah is great?

Yes, binge drinking is an issue. In Northen Ireland sectarian violence is an issue. The UK isn't perfect and the existance of problems isn't a reason to create more

You don't know why he was denied a visa, none of us do.
    So we can have Jewish courts but not Sharia ones? Seems a bit discriminatory to me

Except self defence classes are legal and the right to self defence here is clearly enshrined in law.

How many ****ing times. Sharia courts in the Uk DO NOT conflict with the laws of the land. Neither do Jewish courts, or any other sanctioned courts.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    Wait, the Swedes helped defeat Germany? by selling them Iron ore and allowing transit of forces?
    Oh snap!

I think the Swede was referring to United Kingdom's and Soviet's contribution too. Which sometimes get forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    How many ****ing times. Sharia courts in the Uk DO NOT conflict with the laws of the land. Neither do Jewish courts, or any other sanctioned courts.
    Mate, doesn't matter how hard you hit the nail, you won't get it to penetrate the wall of idiocy