Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Factsheet on John Kerry

Default NRA Factsheet on John Kerry

John Kerry’s 20-year U.S. Senate voting record opposing Second Amendment rights brands him as the most anti-gun presidential nominee in U.S. history!

HERE’S PROOF

FACT: Kerry has voted nine times in favor of banning semi-automatic firearms.

FACT: Kerry has voted to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by hunters and target shooters.

FACT: Kerry has voted to close off hundreds of thousands of acres of the California Mojave Desert to hunting.

FACT: Kerry has voted to hold the highly regulated American firearms industry legally responsible for the illegal acts of violent criminals.

FACT: Kerry was one of only 15 Senators to oppose the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act, which ended alarming abuses being committed under the 1968 Gun Control Act.

FACT: Kerry was one of only 29 Senators to vote to prohibit gun manufacturers from discharging debts created by the reckless lawsuits filed by municipalities.

FACT: Kerry has voted to allow BATF to conduct unlimited, warrant-less inspections of FFL holders.

FACT: Kerry has voted to criminalize legal sales between private individuals at gun shows.

FACT: Kerry has voted against increasing mandatory minimum and maximum penalties for the illegal transfer or use of a firearm. And yet he has also voted to impose penalties of a year in prison and a $10,000 fine on an adult if a juvenile steals a firearm from him, and then merely displays it in a public place.

FACT: Kerry has voted to force many small firearms dealers out of business, which would have impacted both the availability and price of guns, particularly in rural areas.

FACT: Kerry has voted 11 times to force law-abiding citizens to wait to exercise their Second Amendment rights. He voted to keep the federal waiting period after the National Instant Check System was in place.

FACT: Kerry voted twice to eliminate the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

FACT: Kerry wants to silence gun owners’ voice. When NRA sought the same exemption from campaign finance rules that news organizations have, Kerry called that effort “hijacking America’s airwaves.”

FACT: Kerry commended the Million Mom March for their march on Washington that included calls for gun owner licensing, gun registration and other restrictions on law-abiding gun owners.

FACT: Kerry twice supported legislation that would have mandated the inclusion of trigger locks with any handgun sale, forcing individual gun buyers to purchase products they did not necessarily want or need.

FACT: If elected president, Kerry will pack the U.S. Supreme Court with Dianne Feinstein/Chuck Schumer/Ted Kennedy-selected anti-gun activists who believe you have no right to own any firearm.

FACT: Senator John Kerry has a 100% voting record with the Brady Campaign (formerly Handgun Control Inc.), a national gun-ban group.

For more information on John Kerry, please visit http://www.nrapvf.org/

Another good website is www.voteyoursport.com

Didn't you see him with that gun yesterday?

Anyone ever see the video of some brits stuck in mud?

wood pressed up against my cheek

"I'd have to say deer. I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach ... That's hunting."
    - John Kerry after he was asked what kind of hunting he preferred.

I dont get it ? ( no weapons exp )

I dont get it ? ( no weapons exp )
    While it's possible to hunt deer with a 12 gauge shotgun(using slugs), it's much more common to use a center-fire cartridge, like a .308 for hunting deer.

Also, the "crawling around on my stomach" would sound odd to a deer hunter, as you'll likely make crazy noise hunting deer on your belly, and likely not see a single one

I think what it's implying is that Kerry has little, if any, actual experience with hunting and may just be pandering to gun owning voters.

I've heard they showed him a lot of guns and the the firing range, he has been breaking a lot of the safety rules.

Probably because he's only pretending to know what he's doing.

Default Duh

The man comes from a state with some of the most strict gun laws in the country.

Yet another example of his "Waffle Man" personality.

This is the part that I don't like about Kerry

Hey everyone, look at me, I'm the only important one here...

Quote Originally Posted by fokket
    This is the part that I don't like about Kerry
    What 'Double Standards'

Quote Originally Posted by scm77
    Didn't you see him with that gun yesterday?
    Yeah, the cartoonists did too...

"Dangerous Duck Killing Assault Weapon"

That's a good one.