Playing ArmA2 I'm purely a carebear coop player, but even I understand the exciting concept of DayZ. Without PvP people would sit on mountains of farmed NVGs, bored to death and bitching about only having 47 available helicopeters on each server.
chill. it's still not a game, you know? alpha, even pre-alpha, so as Rocket said, "the build is always fucked".
p.s. lost my 18-days character today due to own massive amount of stupid. ) one of the clients called, asked if i review changes in project that he just sent me, so i alt-tabbed, received mail, gave him my review and... completely forgot about my character for next three hours )
i even don't know what kills him. hunger, zeds, players?
was sort of relief, really. when you have best guns, top equipment etc all that remains is food and equipment hoarding and occasional human hunting.
I completely understand its alpha but just letting of steam really...was just getting frustrated with the zeds seeing/hearing me breath in a house
* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
* [FIXED] Trying to pick up a hatchet would create fake ammo (now will not)
* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
* [REVERT] Hatchet now collected as an Item (toolbelt) and can be equipped to primary (gear action)
* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)
* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)
* [FIXED] Melee weapon sounds non-existent/terrible (now has placeholder sounds)