**Current exchange rate: 1 USD = P42.13

Coversion to USD:

12 TA-50s roughly $356M or $29.67M each
    6 Super Tucanos $118M or $19.67M each
    3 C27Js $140M or $46.67M each
    2 C212s $19.3M or $9.67M each
    10 Fennecs roughly $80M or $8M each
    21 UH1Ds roughly $28.5M or $1.35M each

Even considering these are probably all-in packages w/c already includes logistics & training I personally still find the price for the Super Tucano expensive but that's just my opinion.

Air Force to acquire 18 aircraft within 2 years

MANILA, Philippines - The Air Force will acquire 12 fighter jets and six other fixed-[*******blue][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]wing [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]aircraft[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR] by next year.
    Defense Assistant Secretary Patrick Velez told The STAR the jet fighters would be acquired from suppliers based in South Korea, Italy, United Kingdom and Russia. Each jet costs about P1.2 billion, he added.

Velez said the six fixed-wing aircraft will be used to boost the military’s counter-insurgency operations.
    “These (six air assets) will replace the aging OV-10 Broncos (of the Air Force),” he said.

Officials are still finalizing details of the six air assets, which may be acquired from the United States, South Korea and Brazil.
    Meanwhile, the Air Force expects the delivery of six surface attack aircraft and lead-in fighter trainers, long-range patrol aircraft, one air defense radar, and a special mission aircraft within the term of the Aquino administration.

Earlier, the Air Force said two of its cargo planes undergoing repairs are expected to be ready for operation by October.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=63

--------

Very confusing article.

Thailand/Land of military coup,General's golfplayer and the most constitution in the world 555.

Lightbulb Comment

F16 is loader than T/A50,longer operation and longer way than T/A50,F16 had spare more than T/A50,faster than T/A50,etc.
    Suitably to use for South China sea more than T/T50!
    Why Philippine AF not choice F16.Or choice Mirage 2000,Mirage F1 is like F16.

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    F16 is loader than T/A50,longer operation and longer way than T/A50,F16 had spare more than T/A50,faster than T/A50,etc.
    They prioritized the armed lead-in fighter trainers first. They will still buy a real MRF sooner or later. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post

Simply because the tender was for a Lead in Fighter Trainer (the T/A 50) and not an MRF (The F16)

Quote Originally Posted by icefrog View Post
    Air Force to acquire 18 aircraft within 2 years

MANILA, Philippines - The Air Force will acquire 12 fighter jets and six other fixed-[*******blue][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]wing [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]aircraft[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR] by next year.
    Defense Assistant Secretary Patrick Velez told The STAR the jet fighters would be acquired from suppliers based in South Korea, Italy, United Kingdom and Russia. Each jet costs about P1.2 billion, he added.

Velez said the six fixed-wing aircraft will be used to boost the military’s counter-insurgency operations.
    “These (six air assets) will replace the aging OV-10 Broncos (of the Air Force),” he said.

Officials are still finalizing details of the six air assets, which may be acquired from the United States, South Korea and Brazil.
    Meanwhile, the Air Force expects the delivery of six surface attack aircraft and lead-in fighter trainers, long-range patrol aircraft, one air defense radar, and a special mission aircraft within the term of the Aquino administration.

Earlier, the Air Force said two of its cargo planes undergoing repairs are expected to be ready for operation by October.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=63

--------

Very confusing article.
    Things I can make out of this article is the one they are pertaining to cost P1.2B each is the South Korean TA-50 and the 6 OV-10 replacements would be the Super Tucanos. The "jet fighters" from Italy, UK and Russia I'm not sure yet but Italy recently made their intention to offer the Phils. their used Tranche 1 Eurofighters and Russia has offered the Yak-130 and the ex-Indian SU-30K/KN. No idea what UK offered.

Dont read too much into it, the medi is know to mix up terms an subjects. No MRF is mentioned as of yet in will most liley go back to its original purchase date which is in the Phase 3 of the Capability Upgrade Program. The LIFT will be creating the first batch of Pilots for those future MRFs. The 6 OV-10 replacements they are talking about is the Super Tucanos.

Quote Originally Posted by icefrog View Post
    Things I can make out of this article is the one they are pertaining to cost P1.2B each is the South Korean TA-50 and the 6 OV-10 replacements would be the Super Tucanos. The "jet fighters" from Italy, UK and Russia I'm not sure yet but Italy recently made their intention to offer the Phils. their used Tranche 1 Eurofighters and Russia has offered the Yak-130 and the ex-Indian SU-30K/KN. No idea what UK offered.

Here's another logic check to see where we are headed for the MRF, look at the engines of the lift. That will probably one of the biggest deciding factors for future MRFs. My bet is the Sukhoi is out. And the Eurojets would have a slimmer chance.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Here's another logic check to see where we are headed for the MRF, look at the engines of the lift. That will probably one of the biggest deciding factors for future MRFs. My bet is the Sukhoi is out. And the Eurojets would have a slimmer chance.
    What, you think they will go for old Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Loke2 View Post
    What, you think they will go for old Hornets
    Erm, there's also the Super Hornets, since they use an uprated version of that engine. All I'm saying is you tend to go with what your mechanics are familiar and going from US engines, to Eastern block or French, would waste core competency built up by the LIFT experience. Plus, with the Koreans being there it would be easier to ask for cross training with engines of Aircraft they are already using like the F-16's or the F-15

The SH would make sense esp. now that they are thinking of having much closer ties w/ Australia via a Visiting Forces Agreement similar to the US. They can choose to buy 8-12 units first then have an agreement with Australia and the US that they will buy some Australian 2nd-hand units once the F-35 starts coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
    Erm, there's also the Super Hornets, since they use an uprated version of that engine. All I'm saying is you tend to go with what your mechanics are familiar and going from US engines, to Eastern block or French, would waste core competency built up by the LIFT experience. Plus, with the Koreans being there it would be easier to ask for cross training with engines of Aircraft they are already using like the F-16's or the F-15
    Yes I know I was just joking.

However if they have already shown interest in F-16 I doubt they go for SH even if the F414 has a lot of commonality with the F404.

As you know, you can count the number of SH export customers on one -- finger.

My guess is they will either go for the FA-50 or the F-16 although IMHO I think they should also consider the Gripen, Thailand seems to be quite satisfied. The RM12 in Gripen has also a lot of commonality with the F404 in the TA-50.

Is there any reliable info on what the FA-50 will look like?

Interesting events happening behind the scenes, the aircrafts being offered in the LIFT competitions might be bundled with somethings. Not sure if enough to turn the tides.