http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,5244823.storyWASHINGTON – House oversight committee chairman Darrell Issa said Sunday that he has no evidence the White House was involved in what could be a Justice Department "cover up” to contain fallout from the botched “Fast and Furious” operation.
In a series of interviews on the political talk shows, the California Republican repeatedly accused Justice Department officials of lying to Congress about the gun-trafficking sting operation and withholding documents from congressional investigators.
But Issa acknowledged his committee has seen no evidence the White House was involved.
“And I hope that they don’t get involved,” Issa said, speaking on “Fox News Sunday.” “I hope that this stays at Justice, and I hope that Justice cooperates because, ultimately, Justice lied to the American people on Feb. 4, and they didn’t make it right for 10 months.”
Could not having evidence be a result of not having the vast majority of the documents that were subpoenaed way back when? Serious question, because that strikes me as the logical place to find evidence of involvement by the President, if it does indeed exist.
I'd like to think that the President wasn't involved in this. His last-minute exertion of executive privilege is making that very, very difficult.
Yeah, so why the executive privilege cr@p if they weren't involved?
I think the President wants Holder's resignation but needs this issue to go away him. Executive privilege could be Holder's exit door but he may need a push to go through it. Regardless, President Obama needs to deal with it now.
so wonderful for Obama to Have the parents of a murdered law enforcement officer Brian Terry on the news ripping you a new one for lying or covering up.
He doesnt dare respond as the image of him talking down on the parents would be devastating politically.
Is it possible some folks here ever believed the president was not involved? Wait til his next term when he is "more flexible" in what he can do.
Do some research on the info available on him.
We'll be changing from tinfoil hats to more substantial ones.
A question comes to my mind right there: What on God's green earth was the purpose of "Fast and Furious" anyway?
I think most people believed in the beginning Obama didnt know about it, but the continuous revaluations one after another have shattered that
With Obama invoking executive privilege, there is no way Obama could not have known. EP only applies to the President himself in his dealings with others. Ergo, to claim EP on this issue would require that Obama knew about it.
1. Shuttle thousands of US made weapons across the border. (likely with the cooperation and full knowlege of the Mexican government)
2. Watch cartel violence spiral out of control and even spill arcross our border.
3. Obama makes speeches about southern gun dealers and loopholes at gun shows (he really did that).
4. Mexico begs for the US to help them find out where the guns are coming from.
5. Thousands of confiscated guns show up on tables on Mexican national TV with joint FBI/ATF and Mexican Law Enforcement.
6. President Calderon gives speeches US firearm policies and claims US gun dealers have the Mexican people's blood on it's hands. (he did that)
7. UN gets involved to mediate a solution to the crisis because US laws will not change anytime soon due to US Constitutional incompatability.
8. Obama gives bleeding heart speeches to congress and the American people to act to stop the violence by ammending the second amendment and enacting stricter gun laws.
9. Congress and the American people resist.
10. Obama has no choice but to sign the UN arms treaty or CAFTA. (second amendment virtually vaporized)
If he couldn't do that an executive order would have to do.
*This is just my opinion BTW*
Obama has been extremely ineffective at getting anything major done at all. Do you really think he has the juice, even in a second term to sh*tcan the 2nd? I'm not saying he wouldn't try, as a major pandering move, but in reality it would f*ck the Democrats in both houses for years, and secure his place in history as a major f*ckup. Just sayin'. His ego has probably been running on overload already, thinking about the historical legacy of "the first Black President".