http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/...?homepage=trueIn a major crackdown by CRPF, at least 20 Naxalites, including a woman, were killed in a fierce overnight encounter in the dense jungles of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh that left six jawans wounded.The encounter, which took place in the forests of Silger, an uncharted Maoist zone between the Naxal hotbed of Jagargunda and Basaguda in Bijapur district of Bastar region, was launched on Thursday night in a joint operation by over 300 CRPF and State police personnel from three directions.Seventeen bodies of the ultras have been recovered from the spot, Chhattisgarh ADG (Naxal operations) Ram Nivas said, adding the combing operations were underway and the toll may rise.Two Maoists, who were injured in the encounter, were apprehended and have been airlifted for medical treatment to Raipur, a senior CRPF official said.
CRPF - central reserve police force,the central civilian defence force responcible for internal security.It is the largest paramilitary force in the world.
Naxals - it's the other name for indian Maoists.In 2004 all Maoist parties in india joined together to form communist party of india Maoist
At first I thought this was some lame Star Wars joke.
CRPF is not a Civil Defence Force, it is one of the Central Police Organisations (referred to as CPO's) which fall under the jurisdiction of the Home Ministry. The others being CISF, BSF, ITBP,RPF, SSB, NSG,SPG and Assam Rifles. The Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry ( JAK LI ) was at one time also under the Ministry of Home.
It is more of a reserve Police Force which the centre can deploy to states which are facing a Law and order problem. CoBRA units are the in house Special Forces
units of the CRPF.
according to indian govt crpf,cisf,bsf,itbp are not classified as paramilitary.Only Assam rifles,rastriya rifles,coast guard,SFF are classified as paramilitary groups.
Here educate yourself (From Indian Govt site)
http://india.gov.in/govt/armedforces.php?id=1Central Paramilitary Forces (Tier 2): The Central Paramilitary Forces (CPF) forms the second tier of Paramilitary Forces. The CPF works in cooperation with the Indian Armed Forces (External website that opens in a new window).
where as Assam rifles,SFF,Coast guard are classified as paramilitary
Rastrirya rifles is now a full fledged part of indian army.
The Rashtriya Rifles are not a Paramilitary Group they are a part of the Army and fall under the Ministry of Defense. Your classification of military and civilian personnel is not valid as the CRPF and BSF operate with the Army both in J&K and the North East.
Last edited by hulaku; 06-29-2012 at 12:14 PM.
BUT RR has its entire manpower posted for a fixed tenure of 2 and a half years. That includes Officers and PBOR's , there are no permanent staff with them. Everyone from the CO to the Cook is on deputation from a Parent Regiment. They have their own DG and all RR battalions are affiliated to various Regiments of the Army from where they draw manpower.
http://aicpmfewa.org/welfare/146-ado...-police-forcesNo.1-45020/2/2011 – Pers-II
Government of India/Bharat SarkarMinistry of Home Affairs/ Grih MantralayaNew Delhi , 18th March, 2011
Subject:- Adoption of new nomenclature of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
The terms like central Police Organizations (CPOs), Central Para Military Police Forces (CPMFs) , Paramilitary Forces (PMFs), Central Police Forces (CPFs)
etc. have been interchangeably used while referring to the Central Police Forces, which are the ‘Armed Forces of the Union’, as also defined in the respective Acts of the Forces. This creates an incorrect perception about these Central Forces and the expectations from the Force become unrealistic . Even in the international references such incorrect nomenclature may cause confusion regarding the role of such Forces, especially during elections, maintaining law and order, etc.
2. The matter has been considered in the Ministry of Home Affairs and it has been decided to adopt a uniform nomenclature of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) while referring to Border Security Force (BSF) ,Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) , Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo –Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
3. Hence forth in all reference to the forces mentioned above a uniform nomenclature of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) shall be adopted.
(Ajay K Singh)Director (Pers)23092956To
DsG, ARs, BSF,CRPF, CISF, ITBP, NSG and SSB.
Copy to :-
1. Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi
2. President’s Secretariat, Rashtapathi Bhavan, New Delhi.
3. Vice-President’s Secretariat , New Delhi
4. Prime Minister’s Office, South Block, New Delhi
5. All Ministries/ Deptt. Of Govt. of India
6. Election Commission of India , New Delhi
7. Rajya Sabha Secretariat and Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
8. The Chief Secretaries/Administrators of all State Government/ Union Territory Administration.
9. Registrar, Supreme Court of India and Delhi High Court, New Delhi
10. Office of the Controller and Auditor General of India, UPS1C, CVC and Planning Commission , New Delhi.
11. All attached & Subordinate offices, All Division/ Sections/ Desk of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
I guess you dont always spew BS
In the future, please provide more description in your title and first post. India wasn't mentioned until the sixth post.
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...encounter.htmlA Delhi-based civil rights group has demanded a judicial inquiry into the CRPF-Maoists encounter in Chhattisgarh on the night of June 28-29.
It is widely alleged that of the 20 people killed, many were innocent villagers, not Naxalites. Demanding a judicial probe on the lines of Rajinder Sachar and Swami Agnivesh into the killings of 20 villagers in the jungles of Dantewada, Janhastakshep said justice should be ensured to the poor tribals.