They have a $60 lift already, you can can see they are going to be players in the airtime market.
I hear them out, but why are they vexed that the President would brag about being the guy in office when Osama went down?
It is his right for what ever reason. So now we will have something similar to what happened to Kerry. The Swift Boat Vets VS Kerry's Vets.
I honestly don't recall how the information about it being SEAL Team 6 was released - was it in the President's speech? Was it the Pentagon?
I don't get it. Note: the following points be simple questions.Zinke said he and other members of the special operations community are outraged that SEAL Team 6 was identified as the commando unit that carried out the raid, saying it put its members and their families at risk. Zinke said he believes the president has politicized his role as commander in chief to win re-election.
"Who was it at risk?" he said. "Was it the president? Or was it the young SEAL with the wife and kid at home? That's the arrogance."
1. Any other president would've acted in precisely the same manner. It's delusional to think otherwise. Presidents on a first term will do everything to get the next four years.
2. How did the label "Seal Team 6" endanger the whole unit? Were real names given out to the press?
Wouldn't Islamic terrorists simply blow up the nearest busload of American tourists if they sought to avenge OBLs death - instead of the titanic endeavour to target the members of a well protected and highly reclusive special operations unit deep within the United States of America?
My thoughts on your points:
1) The administration released the tactics used in the raid, there by allowing the enemy to work on counter-raid and ambush planning should something like this come up again. It is classified, and it should have stayed that way to protect the techniques, weapons, technologies, tactics, and all other platforms. FFS, they had a show on the history channel about it.
2) You may be right about the civvies in a bus, but think about the press you could get if you killed a SEAL Team 6 or Delta team member. What if you killed them and their family, on American Soil. Our enemies would be stoked, and it would add to their ability to recruit, and would show strength.
- Also, these guys operated in some pretty nasty and non-permissive environments. The higher level of secrecy, and "black" operations they run, the better. Let them stay concealed, its better for everyone.
At the end of the day, they used it for press. That is the problem, we all know they exist and are capable of throat punching Satan but we don't need to hear how they sneak in to hell.
To be honest, it would have been awesome if they told the world the Paki's did it. That would have really screwed the morons up.