Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dept. Of Homeland Security Buys 2500 GLS armored fighting vehicles

Banned user

Default Dept. Of Homeland Security Buys 2500 GLS armored fighting vehicles

Dept. Of Homeland Security Buys 2500 GLS armored fighting vehicles

Anyone know who makes these, how much they cost, and what the tech specs on them are?

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...mber_172748539

http://independentnewshub.com/?p=60586

The latest, from alternative news hub Rense.com, indicates that Department of Homeland Security is expecting significant push-back in the very near future, which explains why they would need some 2,500 heavily armored vehicles with DHS Police/Rescue logos:

What could they need equipment like this for here in the US? They are hitting the road with it. Caravans of National Guard equipment but with new never before seen equipment in the convoys. Take a close look at what is painted on the side of the Black Humvees. The Humvees are fully armored the same standard used by our military. The use of the word ‘Rescue’ is an obvious psy op…makes it sound nice and benign, kind of like a life-saving paramedic ambulance and not a domination and death machine.

They are gearing up for serious business and are training the National Guard, FEMA and Police with them. The latest batch of 2,500 GLS vehicles don’t come more heavily-armored. The GLS is the larger vehicle on the trailer below. It is a deadly serious piece of equipment and they have never been used inside the US until now.

Edit... seems this originates on prisonplanet... so probably just a dozen DHS vehicles for SWAT type operations and the rest are military... if there are 2500 on order at all...

They fear of IEDs in the US now??? Just a way to waste our tax dollars!!!

I think you're all f*cked in the head. We're 10 hrs from the f*cking fun park & u want to bail out!

Seriously? Strap that tinfoil hat on a little tighter chief.

Those vehicles will be assigned to particular units, primarily HSI SRT teams for high-risk warrants (much-needed considering three of our SRT agents were recently shot up while making an approach on a location), HSI Rapid Response Teams mobilized during natural disasters (ie, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.) like Katrina and Haiti to support recovery operations and local law enforcement, FEMA response teams to provide aid, Coast Guard natural disaster response, etc.

Your links detail the ammo purchases by DHS. When you actually apply logic to the amounts purchased, instead of retard-level conclusions, you will see why it was purchased. Training, qualifications, field issue, etc., for members of ICE (HSI/ERO/OIA/OPR), US Secret Service, FEMA, US Coast Guard, US Customs and Border Protection (OFO and Border Patrol), FLETC students, and whole host of others.

Christ, people are ****ing stupid these days.

As I've said before, when we come to take everyone else the FEMA reeducation camps, my MP.net buddies will be placed into the protected category. Seriously, why are more, and more threads like this popping up? Is it a full moon, or all the conspiracy nuts cycling?

Waywickedcool Federal Ninja Laconian's Avatar

HR & Dom, facts are boring. Some people rely soley on jumping to conclusions as their only form of PT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    As I've said before, when we come to take everyone else the FEMA reeducation camps, my MP.net buddies will be placed into the protected category. Seriously, why are more, and more threads like this popping up? Is it a full moon, or all the conspiracy nuts cycling?
    Until you boys have armor hunters I'd say you're still a bit lightweighted.

French Gendarmerie VBC 90, yes that's for firing 90mm canister shots into crowds and APFSDS rounds at armored vehicles (not the makeshift one from your random psycho... more the ones from rogue army units), at home. They're based with the the other SHTF unit the 2nd Dragoon Regiment (CBRN defense unit).

We have them since the 80's and I've yet to see people brought into death camps...

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. That's what good leaders do.

(To be fair they're mothballed since '06 though, there supposed to get new ones with whatever they chose as a successor for the ERC 90 of the light armor regiments).

Ummm. Doesn't DoD literally have thousands of gently used MRAPs of about 10 different types in storage? Why could these not be used? For that matter, wouldn't an uparmored Humvee do just fine? Or a M113? or a M114? This seems like a huge waste of money.

Not arguing the need, just the method of fufilling it.

Perhaps homeland security wants just one standard unit in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Laconian View Post
    HR & Dom, facts are boring. Some people rely soley on jumping to conclusions as their only form of PT.
    I sincerly hope to place a few of my coworkers in a train heading to a Fema camp this week.

Omfg nwo
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by KillerBD; 10-18-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: special thanks to LineDoggie for the eye-witness drawing ;)

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBD View Post
    Omfg nwo
    That's it, a whole secret army made with Euro/Russian soldiers hibernate in deep underground bases, waiting for the day they will take control of the minds!

Seriously even if Homeland security bought 2500 of theses vehicle, that wouldnt be too exagerate considering the size of US. Let add the problem in Mexico with the drug cartels that could easily migrate to Texas/California cities, btw El Paso as some problem with it as far I know.

It's just like the militia/black helicopters/UN and Chinese invasion BS from the mid 90s.

I remember during the last election, when people were wigging out over that "Civilian National Security Force"....and I thought "YES!!!". Switch over from Army to the Waffen-DNC, and I'll be a Senior Storm Battalion Commander inside a year. Writing up lists of men who are to die, and those to be sent to the Granola Mines. Vacationing in the mansion I confiscated from the Capitalist Wreckers.

Nothing. I was crushed.

Paranoia is always more fun than facts.

[*******#333333]What could they need equipment like this for here in the US?[/COLOR]
    In my country those kind of large seemed (police or internal security forces) vehicles for anti-riot missions. Maybe Uncle Sam expects a hard economy crisis and country wide disturbances.