Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dept. Of Homeland Security Buys 2500 GLS armored fighting vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It's just like the militia/black helicopters/UN and Chinese invasion BS from the mid 90s.
    Of coure it was BS, anyone actually in the know, knows th UN troops are kept just across the border in Canada and Mexico. You've been out of the loop, and must have missed my last memo.

Banned user

They need something to tow those mobile FEMA death camps with.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerBD View Post
    Oh how I love that picture.

Banned user

Does anyone know what the name of the company is that makes these?

What the specs are on these thing?

Banned user

The source is very unreliable. However IF IT IS TRUE (unlikely), the question is fair... "what does the dept of H.S. need 2500 armored vehicles for?" That is a LOT of armor, and armor ain't cheap, and it needs a LOT of maintenence, not to mention operational expenses and a LOT of training of individuals to handle the vehicles. I would think a bunch of toyota trucks, a la Afghanistan, would be a lot more effective and much less expensive.

Suppose each vehicle has a crew of 4-5 men per vehicle, plus mechanics, tankers to supply fuel, fuel itself, tires, paint, repair... this isn't a minor item... it would have the potential to exceed a great many countries military budgets and involve ... oh ... say up to 25-50,000 people to man, supply, arm, and maintain the force.

I would have to believe that this would be a budget line item, not a "miscellaneous departmental expenditure." If it is true, I would be interested in seeing the justification. For a budget item there should be one.

the only reason I can think of that the DHS would need that force is if they are planning to try to patrol the Mexican border or maybe they need these to rescue the airport screeners from angry mobs when the population gets so sick of their constant, ever-growing, intrusiveness they revolt and start chasing them with pitchforks.
    Last edited by Jacknola; 10-31-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Banned user

Just today. THE aiport screens are all now federal union members. I am sure that will make them better workers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknola View Post
    The source is very unreliable. However IF IT IS TRUE (unlikely), the question is fair... "what does the dept of H.S. need 2500 armored vehicles for?" That is a LOT of armor, and armor ain't cheap, and it needs a LOT of maintenence, not to mention operational expenses and a LOT of training of individuals to handle the vehicles. I would think a bunch of toyota trucks, a la Afghanistan, would be a lot more effective and much less expensive.

Suppose each vehicle has a crew of 4-5 men per vehicle, plus mechanics, tankers to supply fuel, fuel itself, tires, paint, repair... this isn't a minor item... it would have the potential to exceed a great many countries military budgets and involve ... oh ... say up to 25-50,000 people to man, supply, arm, and maintain the force.

I would have to believe that this would be a budget line item, not a "miscellaneous departmental expenditure." If it is true, I would be interested in seeing the justification. For a budget item there should be one.

the only reason I can think of that the DHS would need that force is if they are planning to try to patrol the Mexican border or maybe they need these to rescue the airport screeners from angry mobs when the population gets so sick of their constant, ever-growing, intrusiveness they revolt and start chasing them with pitchforks.

Banned user

I think this is just an up-armoered HUMVEE version

Quote Originally Posted by GWHH View Post
    I think this is just an up-armoered HUMVEE version
    Have you ever seen an up-armored HMMWV? It shares not a great many things with the vehicle in question, apart from four wheels.

A search for the vehicle's name, specification, etc. revealed that it's the center of these incredible retarded conspiracies, notably how these vehicles will be used in an upcoming American civil war by the police, FEMA, DHS, etc. to oppress the freedom loving people of the US. Most of these sites repeat the same mistake of labeling the vehicle as the Navistar Defense MaxxPro. It is not.

It's the Golan, made by Israel's Rafael company: http://www.rafael.co.il/Marketing/34...Marketing.aspx

The brochure with specifications can be found here: http://www.rafael.co.il/marketing/SI...ILES/5/855.pdf