Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hezbollah theme park

Banned user

Default Hezbollah theme park

I hope the moderators do not consider this terrorist propaganda, I will take a long time to post it
    The caption comments, are literally translated with google traductor sorry
    http://www.elmundo.es/albumes/2012/1...ola/index.html

A huge theme park for a 'eternal war'. So is this 'Museum of the Resistance' created a few years ago by the Hezbollah militia in Lebanon, about 80 kilometers south of Beirut, and by which, as their guides, have already hundreds of thousands of visitors.

Millions of dollars invested with a clear mission: "To preserve the places you have lived the Mujahideen to give people the opportunity to know the experience of the Islamic resistance against the Israeli enemy since the occupation of Beirut in 1982." Thus, for example, this symbolic tank, the Merkava IV, the war machine the stakes central Israeli, with its barrel tied a knot in defeat.

The toponym Mleeta that names the museum refers to the hill on which the Mujahideen were entrenched Hezbollah during the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon until 2000. Over 60,000 square feet filled with tanks, barricades, fences, mines and bunkers.

The site wants to encourage what Hezbollah called 'resistance Tourism', which not only keep the memory of three decades of struggle, but also 'feed' the "spiritual heritage" of the movement. A place to "deepen the concept of martyrs and explain its importance to preserve the nation and the territory", explains on its website.

Hezbollah was born in 82 to face Israeli forces and has since been a constant presence in the area because of its armed activity, that has made countries like UK, USA, Egypt and, of course, Israel, the qualify as a terrorist organization, and for his work in social and political presence.

From the first withdrawal of the Israelis in 1985, became Mleeta based Hezbollah operations against the Zionist enemy: "He played a special role in the school of faith and jihad. Became disparadero executed thousands of mujahideen thousands of military missions in the occupied area, "explain the guidelines of the enclosure.

Trenches and mannequins acting as fighters try to recreate various scenes of life in Mleeta when he was still the stronghold of Islamists in the battle against Israel.

In the area called 'The walk' is this little cubicle entrenched, in which, according to the guidelines of the museum, was detained Abbas Musawi, a former secretary general of Hezbollah, which "met and prayed, and encouraged, to militants resistance. "

You can still visit the original bunkers in which for years took shelter fighters 'Party of God', as home to this control room.

'The Cave' began as a tiny shelter of a meter which protect the bombing. Over three years, more than a thousand men worked on the construction of the bunker, which eventually turned into a huge tunnel 200 meters long under a dense woodland and in the establishment of the central base of operations for the military Islamist with all kinds of facilities like this kitchen.

The museum not only presented as 'war trophies' Israeli weapons material. It also performs a wide display of weapons of the Islamist militia.

The bikes played a key role. They moved the Mujahideen from a shelter to another, and used to transport material.

Another example of the military capacity of Hezbollah which boasts over entire tour of the Museum of the Resistance.
    The engineering unit, specify the explanatory signs, takes care "of placing explosive devices against enemy infantry and vehicles."

'The Abyss' is the nerve center of the museum. It extends over more than 3,000 square meters spread by those Israeli tanks and weapons collected by Hezbollah militants during years of conflict, arranged in a sort of macabre ravaged battlefield.

A grave Israeli Star of David, shares the stage with tanks destroyed in the vastness of 'Abyss'. Throughout the tour, which employs about two hours, the museum celebrates the military might of the guerrillas in the fight against their enemy.

Helmets and boots of Israeli soldiers, huddled in 'The Abyss', in a symbolic reenactment of what Islamic Hezbollah considers a victory over the enemy forces.

Also in indoor facilities abound all kinds of weapons and military equipment used for decades of strife.

Like any reputable museum, this also has its recreation areas, and even with the traditional gift shop where you can buy from cups with the image of the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, Hezbollah, t-shirts and DVDs

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

Actually, I think we should have an enemy propaganda forum. "Know your enemy" is a relevant today as it was at any previous time. It would be useful to see and discuss their methods of indoctrination and disinformation. And since it would be confined to a dedicated forum for such things, it would not pollute the rest of the board and not be posted in a context where some might wrongly take it as valid information or something supported by members here.

Really curious find, Frostilicus
    Those SOB never cease to surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    Actually, I think we should have an enemy propaganda forum. "Know your enemy" is a relevant today as it was at any previous time. It would be useful to see and discuss their methods of indoctrination and disinformation. And since it would be confined to a dedicated forum for such things, it would not pollute the rest of the board and not be posted in a context where some might wrongly take it as valid information or something supported by members here.
    X 2, good idea.

Bush Lawyer, that's me! TheKiwi's Avatar
    Plotting to take control of the Organic Farming Board of Cumberland

Doesn't look like a Merkava to me. An M-48 with some badly applied concrete cosmetics maybe?

If Lebanon III erupts, and

If the IAF has spare munitions, and

If by chance this terrorist abomination is blown to smithereens,

I will not shed a tear.

T3ngu and Zorro's Love Child Coattail Rider's Avatar

"hey honey, pack up the kids...we're going to Helbollah fun land!!!Yipeeeeeee!"

I suppose its an insight into the mindset of those who built this thing...but really.. what a screwed up place...

Tom of Mumbai's fluffer ubermensche's Avatar
    On a beach, having a nice BBQ with Marine SEALs.

Cool idea. I always thought it was interesting to know what the enemy thinks of us.

And the Hezbollah had TOW missiles???

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    Cool idea. I always thought it was interesting to know what the enemy thinks of us.

And the Hezbollah had TOW missiles???
    Iranian surplus.

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

There is a clear distinction between what is terrorist propaganda and what is (relatively) unbiased journalism. El Mundo is a legit newspaper, reporting on the theme park. Vice is a good source of investigative or gonzo journalism. I disagree about there being a need to archive terrorist propaganda here. There are very few people here who actually work in intelligence/counterintelligence or psyops on a daily basis. They are the only ones who would benefit from this. Otherwise, the internet being what it is, the forum would be robbed on a daily basis by terrorist supporters looking to see what the latest greatest video is. And yes, the forum mgmt would be implicated.

Quote Originally Posted by GB_FXST View Post
    If Lebanon III erupts, and

If the IAF has spare munitions, and

If by chance this terrorist abomination is blown to smithereens,

I will not shed a tear.
    +1 I would love to see it raised.

+1 Great Idea!

Buenos Aires in body, the beautiful and green Sharon in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post

Doesn't look like a Merkava to me. An M-48 with some badly applied concrete cosmetics maybe?
    Its a T55 ,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieraygun View Post
    There is a clear distinction between what is terrorist propaganda and what is (relatively) unbiased journalism. El Mundo is a legit newspaper, reporting on the theme park. Vice is a good source of investigative or gonzo journalism. I disagree about there being a need to archive terrorist propaganda here. There are very few people here who actually work in intelligence/counterintelligence or psyops on a daily basis. They are the only ones who would benefit from this. Otherwise, the internet being what it is, the forum would be robbed on a daily basis by terrorist supporters looking to see what the latest greatest video is. And yes, the forum mgmt would be implicated.
    You´ve got a point.

However: there are many b*llcraps over there which are systematically used / quoted even by "serious" media; maybe - again, maybe - a sticky thread carefully managed & checked by the mods could contribute to debunk lies.

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armored_diplomacy View Post
    You´ve got a point.

However: there are many b*llcraps over there which are systematically used / quoted even by "serious" media; maybe - again, maybe - a sticky thread carefully managed & checked by the mods could contribute to debunk lies.
    that's the thing. it's bad enough trying to manage this circus. they don't have enough time to babysit a potentially harmful thread. it's a lot simpler to just give it a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieraygun View Post
    that's the thing. it's bad enough trying to manage this circus. they don't have enough time to babysit a potentially harmful thread. it's a lot simpler to just give it a pass.
    You´re surely right; it´s sad ´cause it would be a good idea, but, yes, quite easy to loose control.

It's a museum not a theme park. Nevertheless, it's interesting to see this type of museum that is based on mostly propaganda.