Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 169

Thread: How the palestinain force children to confront and physically hit the IDF soldeirs.

  1. #31
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    they are descendants of the people who historically have inhabited that area (Canaan) for millennia.
    Prove please..

  2. #32
    Senior Member Bloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Very mature and wise action by the soldiers. He didn't let these idiots get what they want and instead the IDF came out looking good at their expense.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    Prove please..
    You can read the different theories here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti...estral_origins

  4. #34
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Very mature and wise action by the soldiers. He didn't let these idiots get what they want and instead the IDF came out looking good at their expense.
    Next time they should give those kids some candies ..

  5. #35
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    23,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    There is no such thing as a 'palestinian' nation. that's a fact.

    Else, prove me wrong, show me historical facts about those 'palestinians' (that were invented in 1964).

    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    Prove please..
    History and fact does not alter the politics of our time. As Surenas pointed out, some of those people are descendent of the people who have lived there for a long time. Even under the name of Palestine from just after the Bar Kochba rebellion to 1964, that area was called Palestine. A misnomer for Israel but still a accepted term. Probably to most people who don't live there, and are not that old, Palestine is what it is called. Kind of like Mount McKinley or Denali, different names, same place.

    If people would remember history and is not just the history of this place it can be from where they live, life would be a lot more simpler. It is frustrating but C'est La Vie. For the sake of communication, Palestine works, even for the people who knows the history of that region. For all others Palestine works too. For the sake of communication, Palestine works too, even if it is Roman for Israel.

    Probably until the terrorists are gone and other nations bugger out of the politics there, a peaceful existence of all the people living there, regardless of what they call themselves, will be impossible.

  6. #36
    Senior Member OrangeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille
    Posts
    3,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    Prove please..
    What makes you think the Palestinians aren't descendants from the ancient Canaanites? I think they are a mixture of all peoples who inhabited the Levant. Including many who are "descendants" of Arab immigrants who came in the 20th century. I don't believe the Palestinian "Arabs" magically showed up in the 7th century. Unless you can prove all people who were alive in the Levant were killed immediately after the Islamic/Arab invasion. And besides Arabs did migrate to the Levant even before that.

    Don't many of not most Arab towns in Palestian territories, Israel and Lebanon have Syriac/Aramaic origins? Were these villagers all wiped out? I don't think that's how it went. I think most locals are Arabized Arabs.

    That doesn't make their claim to the land any less or more legitimate.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    History and fact does not alter the politics of our time. As Surenas pointed out, some of those people are descendent of the people who have lived there for a long time. Even under the name of Palestine from just after the Bar Kochba rebellion to 1964, that area was called Palestine. A misnomer for Israel but still a accepted term. Probably to most people who don't live there, and are not that old, Palestine is what it is called. Kind of like Mount McKinley or Denali, different names, same place.

    If people would remember history and is not just the history of this place it can be from where they live, life would be a lot more simpler. It is frustrating but C'est La Vie. For the sake of communication, Palestine works, even for the people who knows the history of that region. For all others Palestine works too. For the sake of communication, Palestine works too, even if it is Roman for Israel.

    Probably until the terrorists are gone and other nations bugger out of the politics there, a peaceful existence of all the people living there, regardless of what they call themselves, will be impossible.
    x2.

    The people in that area have lived together for ages.

  8. #38
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    You can read the different theories here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti...estral_origins
    "Palestinians have roots that go back to the ancient inhabitants of the area" , define area, for me, area = middle-east.

    It's funny, what you posted shows NOTHING.

    It says they were influenced by the Arabs, you can say the same about any Arab.

    Then , "George Antonius, founder of modern Arab nationalist history, wrote in his seminal 1938 book The Arab Awakening:" -- wtf is this ?
    Someone said something ???

    Where's the DNA proof ?
    Historical evidences of a nation ? a king ? historical achievements ? anything ?


    When Wiki doesn't prove anything , that's when you start wondering.

  9. #39
    Senior Member OrangeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scuttling between Amsterdam and Marseille
    Posts
    3,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    "Palestinians have roots that go back to the ancient inhabitants of the area" , define area, for me, area = middle-east.

    It's funny, what you posted shows NOTHING.

    It says they were influenced by the Arabs, you can say the same about any Arab.

    Then , "George Antonius, founder of modern Arab nationalist history, wrote in his seminal 1938 book The Arab Awakening:" -- wtf is this ?
    Someone said something ???

    Where's the DNA proof ?
    Historical evidences of a nation ? a king ? historical achievements ? anything ?


    When Wiki doesn't prove anything , that's when you start wondering.
    I hope you will consider the reasoning in my post as well. Which has nothing to do with Palestinian nationalism, something I am not a fan of as you may well know.

  10. #40
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    History and fact does not alter the politics of our time. As Surenas pointed out, some of those people are descendent of the people who have lived there for a long time. Even under the name of Palestine from just after the Bar Kochba rebellion to 1964, that area was called Palestine. A misnomer for Israel but still a accepted term. Probably to most people who don't live there, and are not that old, Palestine is what it is called. Kind of like Mount McKinley or Denali, different names, same place.

    If people would remember history and is not just the history of this place it can be from where they live, life would be a lot more simpler. It is frustrating but C'est La Vie. For the sake of communication, Palestine works, even for the people who knows the history of that region. For all others Palestine works too. For the sake of communication, Palestine works too, even if it is Roman for Israel.

    Probably until the terrorists are gone and other nations bugger out of the politics there, a peaceful existence of all the people living there, regardless of what they call themselves, will be impossible.
    I read your post few times, I don't understand what you meant to say, can you please say it shortly ?

  11. #41
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeWolf View Post
    What makes you think the Palestinians aren't descendants from the ancient Canaanites?
    Go ahead and prove they are.

  12. #42
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    23,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    I read your post few times, I don't understand what you meant to say, can you please say it shortly ?
    Considering that 99.9% of the world knows it as Palestine, is it worth trying to educate them?

    So now we are off topic and that means the tangos are off of the hook for using kids as fodder.

    Maybe getting back on topic will put the blame where it should be placed.

  13. #43
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    x2.

    The people in that area have lived together for ages.
    prove......

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush6655 View Post
    Where's the DNA proof ?
    You want to talk about a nation based on genetics? You can find the genetic results on the internet, but that's still insignificant, considering the facts that Jews are genetically divers as well. Or did you forget that many Jews are descendants of (Eastern) Europe people, Russians and Middle Eastern (Yemenites, Persians, etc)? The difference between Mizrahi Jews and Ashkenazi Jews is quite clear.

    But that don't matter, because both people, Palestinians and Jews, can trace their origin (historically or culturally) back to the region they are now inhabiting. That's what we have to focus on now.

  15. #45
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Considering that 99.9% of the world knows it as Palestine, is it worth trying to educate them?
    It's a cool name, but you need to prove there was a nation who lived here and now wants and deserves "it's country back"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •