Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Chinese Air Defense systems unveiled at Zuhai Airshow

Default New Chinese Air Defense systems unveiled at Zuhai Airshow

Several new SAM systems have been unveiled at Zuhai airshow (held this week)

CASIC launches new Short-to-Medium range air defense system FK-1000 at AirShow China 2012
    The China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation's (CASIC's) launches its new Short-to-Medium range surface-to-air missile weapon system FK-1000 at the International Aviation, Aerospace and defence exhibition AirShow China 2012.

Scale model of the new Chinese FK-1000 Short-to-Medium range surface-to-air missile weapon system
    Read More

Chinese Defence Industry unveils a new 30mm anti-aircraft gun system at AirShow China 2012
    At AirShow China 2012, the International Aviation, Aerospace and defence exhibition, China South Industries Group Corporation unveils a new wheeled 30mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun system (SPAAGS). AirShow China is one of the most important defence event in Asia where all the Chinese defence industries present latest military technologies and innovations.

New Chinese-made 30mm 8x8 self-propelled anti-aircraft gun/missile system at AirShow China 2012
    Read More

Chinese Company CASIC unveils FL-2000C new air defence missile system at AirShow China 2012
    The FL-2000C is mainly used for field air defense and also for asset air defense. The vehicle can be used in full autonomous condition and it is very effective against small targets with excellent anti-jamming capability.
    The weapon turret is mounted at the rear of a 4x4 Chinese truck with four launcher missiles on each side. All the optronics and firing sights are fitted in the middle of the turret.

The new FL-2000C is an advanced terminal air defense missile weapon system.
    Read More

Quote Originally Posted by xav View Post
    Scale model of the new Chinese FK-1000 Short-to-Medium range surface-to-air missile weapon system
    Hmmm.... Where have I seen that missile? Hmmm... can't place it exactly...

China, original as always.

Quote Originally Posted by artjomh View Post

So how does one come up with an original rocket design? afterall, various rockets have been made already right?

I suppose airbus is not original either? why do they copy Boeing designs?

The concept is similar, but the missiles are quite different ..

Quote Originally Posted by rssmps View Post
    So how does one come up with an original rocket design? afterall, various rockets have been made already right?

I suppose airbus is not original either? why do they copy Boeing designs?
    Stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Stop trolling
    Not trolling ... just countering the (lack of) merits of a comment.

So how does one come up with an original rocket design?
    Please show me another missile that looks THAT much like Tunguska while being original design.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpNavigator View Post
    The concept is similar, but the missiles are quite different ..
    Please, who are you kidding here...

It's pretty obvious China reverse engineered 9M311 they got with Kashtan CIWS on Sovremenny class destroyers.

Let's not insult each other's intelligence here by pretending that this is some miraculous breakthrough by Chinese engineers.

Please show me another missile that looks THAT much like Tunguska while being original design.

Please, who are you kidding here...

It's pretty obvious China reverse engineered 9M311 they got with Kashtan CIWS on Sovremenny class destroyers.

Let's not insult each other's intelligence here by pretending that this is some miraculous breakthrough by Chinese engineers.
    I cant comment on the originality of the missile design or the lack of, but I think the Chinese engineers were restricted to this general design by virtue of it intended role. The first thing I thought of when I saw this missile was actually the Barak 8 ER missile. It looks similar to this one, though on second look I must say the Chinese missile looks a bit more like 9M311. I think that is because of the limited design options for such a missile, as i mentioned earlier. Here I think its no longer a case of China copying the design like they did for the J 11 but because they were limited to very few designs.

Again, I use the airplane example. Airbus and Boeing both have engines hanging off the wing. So by extension of your argument, if they look that much alike, is that considered not original?
    your definition of Original is only based off of external apperance?

Can you speak to the internal aspect of the design? does the control surfaces move via the same type of mechanism?

To me, basing originality off of JUST external looks is as riduclous as saying auto maker B is not original because auto make A put out a car with the same number of wheels/doors.

You guys are sad.

It's the same fuсking missile. Sapienti sat.

What is the range of the rockets that it can intercept?...

x2

Thought the exact same thing.

Again, I use the airplane example. Airbus and Boeing both have engines hanging off the wing. So by extension of your argument, if they look that much alike, is that considered not original?
    your definition of Original is only based off of external apperance?

Can you speak to the internal aspect of the design? does the control surfaces move via the same type of mechanism?

To me, basing originality off of JUST external looks is as riduclous as saying auto maker B is not original because auto make A put out a car with the same number of wheels/doors.

Are you f#cking serious ?

What missiles does Pantsir uses? Because when you look at the whole system (truck) it appears similar in concept as a Pantsir...

Tu-144 and Concorde

Machines designed for a similar purpose often look alike. Just saying.

You can't really judge it by looks alone.