Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Obama Remembers Pearl Harbor By Promoting Picture of Himself

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow Obama takes Rosa Parks’ bus seat

http://tinyurl.com/9wn2ky6

Original link (Daily Caller -- link corrupted by profanity filter):

http://daily***********/2012/12/03/o...arks-bus-seat/

The White House used a tweeted picture of President Barack Obama to mark the 55th anniversary of Rosa Parks’ bus protest in Montgomery, Ala, on Saturday.

The tweet said “Today is the 57th Anniversary of the day Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Pic: President Obama on Rosa Parks bus.” It included a link to the photo, which was taken last April at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit.

The White House did not send out a picture of Rosa Parks, whose refusal to give up her seat to a white passenger sparked a high-profile protest seen as a major turning point in the battle for civil rights.
    [LEFT][*******#000000] The latest example of the White House’s Obama-centric perspective has prompted some derision from online commentators.

“Wouldn’t surprise me if we start print money with his picture on it,” said Facebook commenter Tracy Barbin.

“BREAKING: White House orders NASA to rename 7th planet ‘Obam****,’” said a Dec. 2 tweet from conservative activist Adam Baldwin.

In August, Obama’s staff used a picture of Obama staring at the sky to mark the death of Neil Armstrong, the first man to step on the moon.

In November, Obama’s staff tweeted a picture of their boss when marking Vice President Joe Biden’s birthday.[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][*******#000000]I suspect that John Stewart, Jay Leno and others are going to have some fun with this.
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
    A commemorative to Rosa Parks by Obama is a picture of Obama. A commemorative to Neil Armstrong by Obama was a picture of Obama. A commermorative to Pearl Harbor by Obama was a picture of Obama. Are you seeing a pattern here?
    That he attends to issues by being there personally, and showin it? Or how do you suggest he commemorates things? By not being there?

Honestly, I'd be more worried if he didn't take the time to personally show up. But yeah, I know you got a rage need to feed so carry on.

----------No. This is what they actually said:

No request for pics. One other guy suggested this in the same article:
    Still no request to upload pics of people looking up at the Moon, by the family or anyone else.
    So he even dared to have a picture taken of him, showing he 'granted' Neils family's wish? What an audacity. OMG.

----------The only silly thing here is your apologism for Obama's blatant narcissism.
    Yeah, by the response in this thread. I'm the one being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by LineDoggie View Post
    To be Fair we had won. You didn't see the Iraqi Army battling anymore, no tank battles, etc.
    ..............LMFAO.......... cmon doggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Createdeemcee View Post
    Create,
    laugh away....we won, Iraqi military lost...BIG TIME.

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

This thread makes my head hurt. It's really sad

Banned user

It's all a matter of perspective, the Iraqi republic's armed wings were thoroughly beaten. No doubt. Did the US hold total control over the Iraqi land? Not quite.

I'd say US had won the operations, at least. I'd even say they'd won the war. It was the nation building they had a harder time with.

The messenger does matter. I can understand the message, but the messenger totally ruined it. There are so many unbiased Obama haters, why do you always have to be the first one to criticize him without any bias. Give other people a chance. It will help to support your arguments better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	300.3 KB 
ID:	191737

You obviously have no clue what Major Combat is. The entire Insurgency years were LIC by doctrine. Surely you dont think late 2003 onwards was full spectrum operations?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    The next thing you know, Obama is going to give a speech about some policy or some such nonsense. This must STOP!
    Heh. Missed this post.

Gold.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by plato View Post
    The messenger does matter. I can understand the message, but the messenger totally ruined it. There are so many unbiased Obama haters, why do you always have to be the first one to criticize him without any bias. Give other people a chance. It will help to support your arguments better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	300.3 KB 
ID:	191737
    LOL! You probably actually see your post here as 'reasonable', even 'helpful'. Well, perhaps your intentions are good, at least, but sorry, but I post as I see fit. If you do not like my posts, the board has an 'ignore' feature.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by beNder View Post
    This thread makes my head hurt. It's really sad
    *>adds another accomplishment to his internet tally sheet<*

El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Poriuncula

The war was brilliantly run and won, in three weeks. There's no doubt there.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydiaper View Post
    That he attends to issues by being there personally, and showin it? Or how do you suggest he commemorates things? By not being there?

Honestly, I'd be more worried if he didn't take the time to personally show up. But yeah, I know you got a rage need to feed so carry on.

So he even dared to have a picture taken of him, showing he 'granted' Neils family's wish? What an audacity. OMG.

Yeah, by the response in this thread. I'm the one being silly.
    .... and as usual, your only response is to totally distort what I said into the precise opposite of what I said. But that is just your usual level of intellectual honesty.

For everyone else, what I actually said:

Yes, doing this is standard practice, and it was widely covered by the media, and they printed plenty of picture. I certainly have no problem with that at all.

But what about Obama himself? Did he tweet an account of what happened that day? Did he tweet a pic of the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial? Did he tweet a pic and/or interview with the few remaining survivors? No. As is his standard practice, all he tweeted was a pic with himself as the center of attention. As always, the commemorative, in his view, is all about him. He communicates that on Twitter, Tumbler and his website quite effectively.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Poriuncula

but sorry, but I post as I see fit.
    I like that you post as you see fit. I just think a picture tweeted that has Obama laying some flowers is not a sign of narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by commanding View Post
    Create,
    laugh away....we won, Iraqi military lost...BIG TIME.
    The Iraqi army losing and us winning were two different things. And the banner said "Mission Accomplished". I recall our mission was to take control of WMDs that threatened our friends, allies and us and to prevent the nefarious union of Saddam and Al Qaida. Later it was to bring stability and democracy. Neither of which were even remotely close to happening at the time.

And wasn't that the ****ouncement of the end of "Major military operations?" He said that on May 1st, 2003. I guess the Battle of Fallujah in December 2004 was not a major military operation. Must have been one of those over seas contingency operations.