Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green berets reenacting

Quote Originally Posted by wwjs View Post
    Look, this is a military forum and we have some former and active duty BTDT guys who have earned their title. Just because you can use military dialect doesn't mean that you should
    Yes I understand, but i had to use military dialect because ubermensche started ask me questions where I doesn't know different vocabulary for better explanation. I respect you guys it takes a lot of time and for now atleast someone responds to me. I think, that we should start talking about that helmet. :]

Quote Originally Posted by G-AWZT View Post
    No reenactors are ever interested in the Army Catering Corps for some reason. It's always some special forces thing.
    So who does the catering at Airsoft events? If you're going to act authentically, you need to eat authentically, and don't forget the bluestone in the coffee.

"It's a Toyota D*ckhead" Beowulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger0569 View Post
    Hello, does anybody know if the US SFG Green Berets have been using FAST ops-core helmet in the year 2010? I am reenacting Green beret's unit -> 10th SFG until year 2010 and i need to know if they used FAST helmet so i can purchase it. I've found evidences that FAST helmet was worn by US SFGs in the year 2010-->

PJ-Paramedics (http://www.americanspecialops.com/ph...n-sopmod-2.php)
    DEA FAST (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=95038),
    SOTF (http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/thread...s.4172/page-14)

But i didn't find any Green beret from 2010 for sure yet, just from april 2011(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...n-attacks.html) or 2012 ( http://www.americanspecialops.com/ph...p-soldiers.php).

Can somebody help me to find some evidences from 2010? Even some text info would be fine. Thank you
    I'll try and help you out man -

I'm not going to do any crazy research or anything, but the easy answer to your question is "maybe". There very well could have been someone on an ODA somewhere in 2010 using an OPS Core FAST helmet.

I think you're splitting hairs, honestly - I understand you're going for a high level of authenticity, but does it really matter if it was April 2011 or 2010?

Does "0569" in your username stand for anything in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I'll try and help you out man -

I'm not going to do any crazy research or anything, but the easy answer to your question is "maybe". There very well could have been someone on an ODA somewhere in 2010 using an OPS Core FAST helmet.

I think you're splitting hairs, honestly - I understand you're going for a high level of authenticity, but does it really matter if it was April 2011 or 2010?
    Thanks, the most support comment until now. ;-] It is because I'll have to get confirmation from my commander and he'll want evidences. Like i said we are in coop with other teams which are reenacting 10th SFG. If we would have equipment which isn't reliable to 10th SFG we would be target for them if you understand. :] Maybe evidences from other special units from 2010 and later of Green berets will be enough (but i would be likely sure for confirmation). I have some other photos of Special Operations Task Force from 2010 and that's compound of many special forces isn't it? Many of them put ops-core helmet on the head. :-]

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Shepard View Post
    Does "0569" in your username stand for anything in particular?
    Just number of my house (without 0)

Just number of my house (without 0)
    That must be an OPSEC violation...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    That must be an OPSEC violation...
    PERSEC, not OPSEC. Not a good idea on the interwebs.

zomgdeltaairsofter101 Sheikh Al Stranghi's Avatar

You're not reenacting anything.. You're just shooting BB's at each other in a cool costume. If you would painstakingly recreate the daily life, material, culture, language and habits of a US soldier in 2010 you would be reenacting, but still a lame walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Al Stranghi View Post
    You're not reenacting anything.. You're just shooting BB's at each other in a cool costume. If you would painstakingly recreate the daily life, material, culture, language and habits of a US soldier in 2010 you would be reenacting, but still a lame walt.
    First leg of that daily recreation, move post haste to the nearest cesspool, ghetto or land fill. Sometimes you are lucky, and get all three in one location for the price of one. Preferably, there are some recently missing cadavers that have been fermenting under it all for added aroma. Live in it. Rain, freezing temps, scalding soul sucking heat and suffocating humidity if available is a bonus. Eat in it. Revel in it. Showers and hygeine always recommended, but miss the bi-weekly shower run because you usually don't get it anyway and stew in your own **** funk for two more weeks for added realism. Implied, but often needs to be reminded, ensure you are wearing the same uniform for that duration. Underwear, skivvies, drawers, and so forth, are good for civilized folk, but I generally found myself "going commando" after the first few days. Helps that funk air out somewhat. And feels good man. Changing socks occasionally is okay, and recommended. Feels good man. Substitute BB's for lead. Watch your wingman writhe in pain, screaming, bleeding out all over you. Doesn't feel good man, for either of you. Just a small start, but should help smooth out some of the waltiness.

ANZAC Moderator Ngati Tumatauenga's Avatar

Well, we have strict rules. Being SPECOPS give us oportunity for special operations and cooperation between other SFG units at our homeland, it's more professional and adventurous. Airsoft is behind us.
    Quoted for lulz.....

Thanks, the most support comment until now. ;-] It is because I'll have to get confirmation from my commander and he'll want evidences. Like i said we are in coop with other teams which are reenacting 10th SFG. If we would have equipment which isn't reliable to 10th SFG we would be target for them if you understand. :] Maybe evidences from other special units from 2010 and later of Green berets will be enough (but i would be likely sure for confirmation). I have some other photos of Special Operations Task Force from 2010 and that's compound of many special forces isn't it? Many of them put ops-core helmet on the head. :-]
    Thats great. Do you guys give yourself ranks and awards, cause that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanadian View Post
    So who does the catering at Airsoft events? If you're going to act authentically, you need to eat authentically, and don't forget the bluestone in the coffee.

Well if one is reenacting the RN, make sure the mutton still has some fur on it.

buck duck huck luck muck puck ruck suck tuck yuck fuuuuuuuu muck's Avatar

I don't get it. Why can't people just take airsofting for what it is, a non-dead serious team sport to be played for the lulz or to burn off some stress? Why not go at it as "Team Coca Cola" against "Team Pepsi" or something along these lines?
    Rule of thumb: the "reenacting" of any war whose participants are still among us has nothing to do with giving people an idea of historic events, and it does not go to "honour" the real warfighters old and young. I'd even exclude World War Two from the to-do-list of respectable reenactment as that is mostly a domain of Nazi uniform ******ists or stick-up-the-ass nationalists who are pissed they were born too late.
    Last edited by muck; 12-24-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Sp

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    Rule of thumb: the "reenacting" of any war whose participants are still among as has nothing to do with giving people an idea of historic events, and it does not go to "honour" the real warfighters old and young. I'd even exclude World War Two from the to-do-list of respectable reenactment as that is mostly a domain of Nazi uniform ******ists or stick-up-the-ass nationalists who are pissed they were born too late.
    One thing that always struck me as humorous about WWII reenacting is that most of those who partake in it are twice the age and weight of those they're portraying . Can't help but chuckle when I see some 250 pound 40 year old running around as a Pvt. in some 101st 506th PIR reenactment unit, which seems to be just about every goddamn unit out there. I'd wager there's more reenactors than there were men in the actual regiment.