Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green berets reenacting

Depends where and who the reenactors are, Squeezee. I've read about and saw pictures of several reenacting events of the Campaign of France (June 1944 - Mai 1945) and yeah, there were people in their 20s in significant number among the reenactors.

Strange to note : the older they got, the more they wore nazi uniforms... (sans insignas, as they're forbidden in France. You can were an SS uniform, just without any markings and nazi signs or ranks)

[*******#333333]I don't get it. Why can't people just take airsofting for what it is, a non-dead serious team sport to be played for the lulz or to burn off some stress? Why not go at it as "Team Coca Cola" against "Team Pepsi" or something along these lines?[/COLOR]
    That's mil-simmers probably. Can't really get along with my team. We're so not serious, we almost got banned from a game field. Too much slacking, no discipline, and too much *** jokes. Ah, and we love BBQ.

I don't airsoft with hardcore guys, they get too into the mood and play like twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I'll try and help you out man -

I'm not going to do any crazy research or anything, but the easy answer to your question is "maybe". There very well could have been someone on an ODA somewhere in 2010 using an OPS Core FAST helmet.

I think you're splitting hairs, honestly - I understand you're going for a high level of authenticity, but does it really matter if it was April 2011 or 2010?
    I was in Afghanistan in 2010 and 2011 and I remember gunfighter helmets too.

So they guy wants to play soldier and everyone gives him a rash of crap! who cares he asked a simple question and all flavors of AZZHOLES responded! And yes I have served in 3 conflicts and retired from the Army! And no I wasn't a cook or REMF! I was a PLT SGT in a Armor Unit!

Quote Originally Posted by larrystarling View Post
    So they guy wants to play soldier and everyone gives him a rash of crap! who cares he asked a simple question and all flavors of AZZHOLES responded! And yes I have served in 3 conflicts and retired from the Army! And no I wasn't a cook or REMF! I was a PLT SGT in a Armor Unit!
    welcome to MP.net man, being a butt is a requirement

but this stuff exists everywhere.. to give a comparison, in the metal community those who listen to heavy/ death metal laugh at those who listen to folk metal
    or in the fitness community those who do hybrid/circuit training trash those who do bodybuilding... this **** never ends..
    and goes forever...

people will just never get along...

My special thanks to Beowulf for giving a proper answer. Rare events are to be admired