Thread: Webbing pouches, ID needed

Time spent on reconnaissance is seldom wasted kayaker's Avatar
    @wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary

Default Webbing pouches, ID needed

Below are pictures of a couple of items that I have never seen before. could you ID these and tell me if it's an as-common-as-muck item or rare as rocking horse poo? Right, without further ado:

ONE

plastic buckle

rear of the pouch above

The inside of the same pouch

TWO

Bandolier with an odd closure

THREE

Four

Five

Cheers!

First one is a C7 ammo pouch for the 82 pattern Canadian webbing.
    Not sure on the second or third
    Fourth seems to be 82 pattern webbing for Sterling SMG mags, before it was taken out of service a few years later.

@wall table of a greasy spoon cafeteria with a battered,red Mini outside...longing to return to Mary

Cool, common as much then...

Hi,
    item 2 is a UK .303, 50 round / 5-clip bandoleer. They were manufactured with button, press-stud or these wire hook fasteners.
    item 3 looks to be a US M1923 M1 Garand cartridge belt, normally 2 of these 5-pocket belts worn on belt kit.
    item 4 is possibly a variant of a UK 1937 Pattern mag pouch for a Browning/ Colt type automatic pistol, but I cant find pics of this particular type anywhere.

hope that's a help.

Great help. As for number four, I cant find any pictures either... Do you think there would be interest in any of the above by a collector?

And on that note, I came across this:
    http://www.karkeeweb.com/patterns/of...h_front_2.html

""This was for revolver ammunition and took the form of the Patt. ’19 W.E. design. The belt hooks were sandwiched between the folded, two layers of webbing, the ****gs protruding directly through the weave of the material. In 1932, A.M.O. A.44 authorised a change, to be incorporated into existing Pouches by modification, with new production being of the revised form. A guard *****, 1-inch wide, in thin webbing, was to be stitched to the forward edge and sides of the pouch. This was to obviate the loss of loose rounds, when the flap was open. The example shown here is maker marked M.E. Co. and date 1939. From the Karkee Web Collection.""
    http://www.karkeeweb.com/patterns/of..._carriers.html

do you think anyone would be interested in that at all? Or in a 44' Machete/Golok for that matter?
    Last edited by kayaker; 12-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Like simple jumper said the first pouch is a 82 pattern webbing C7 magazine pouch, or possible a C1 magazine pouch. 4 is a Canadian 82 pattern webbing Sten magazine pouch, without a doubt.

Not sure how much interest there is in Canadian 82 pattern webbing, but I`m sure some people do collect it. 82 pattern webbing is pretty common(sten pouch would be less common) in surplus stores across Canada.

Number 3 is half of a US M1923 Dismounted riflemans cartridge belt and its unserviceable as the adjustment buckle at the rear is missing.

#4 is a Danish Post war ammo pouch..