Thread: North Face fleece

Default North Face fleece

Hello, I've recently bought a North Face fleece which could have been issued to military, it looks alot alike a Spears jacket. It's very comfy and warm, color is ranger green and has all the features that military fleece usually have. I tried to find more informations to whom it was issued and when but couldn't find any (I am not in the US) although previous owner who I assume bought or traded it in Afghanistan said that these were issued to JSOC and 160th SOAR. Anyone knows? I am adding some pics of it
    Last edited by sgtfcm; 12-28-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Certainly looks like it, but "issued gear" nowadays simply means the supply sergeant went online or to a store and purchased what the unit needed. I've stated on this board elsewhere that prior to a deployment to Iraq, my unit was "issued" knee and elbow pads for skateboarding purchased in bulk by our supply sergeant from a toy store. At first it was kind of embarrassing to have knee and elbow pads with the "ESPN X-GAMES" logo on it while in uniform, but they did the job, which is all that really mattered.
    Short answer is: Your fleece might indeed have been issued. Or not. there's really no way to know.

Thanks Dave. Same happened when I was in our marines. Alot of stuff we used was privately purchased or traded, and allowed. Also other gear was bought by the supply dept on the market, and in fact we were issued cheap copies of the US canteens and at the first chance we traded the real ones with US marines, together with other stuff.
    In this case, I tried to search online if North Face has ever sold a jacket like this one but couldn't find it. Would it be possible that a Unit/Group ordered a custom fleece directly to them? It does not look like a civvie fleece and the jacket is also windproof, not like a regular fleece polartec hoodie.