Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Are Pashtuns really from Israel?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Number one dangerous country in the world!
    Age
    26
    Posts
    68

    Red face Are Pashtuns really from Israel?

    I am a Pashtun myself and I dont know my roots, I tried to go back and find out but seems like Pashtuns dont have that long of a history in Afghanistan and Pakistan, anyone can tell me somethings?

  2. #2
    Senior Member twinblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In front of the telly, watching cricket.
    Posts
    5,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray.Montana View Post
    I am a Pashtun myself and I dont know my roots, I tried to go back and find out but seems like Pashtuns dont have that long of a history in Afghanistan and Pakistan, anyone can tell me somethings?
    Straight answer, no. You are a mix of ancient Persians, Greek, Arabs, Turks, Mongols and Indians. Basically you guys lived on the superhighway of the old world and there were plenty of truckers that made a pit stop, if you know what I mean

  3. #3
    Moderator James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twinblade View Post
    Straight answer, no. You are a mix of ancient Persians, Greek, Arabs, Turks, Mongols and Indians. Basically you guys lived on the superhighway of the old world and there were plenty of truckers that made a pit stop, if you know what I mean
    That's actually pretty accurate.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Impartial Bias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Korea, Republic of, South
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    I'm interested as where you got specifically Israel from?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    I'm interested as where you got specifically Israel from?

    In some traditions the afghans (pashtuns) are the direct descendants of Afghana who was the grandson of King Saul and Prince of One of the lost tribes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Impartial Bias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Korea, Republic of, South
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffit View Post
    In some traditions the afghans (pashtuns) are the direct descendants of Afghana who was the grandson of King Saul and Prince of One of the lost tribes.
    Well, I guess that's plausible. Like other poster's have stated, Afghans are the descendent's of everyone from the Siberian Tundra to the Iberian Peninsula...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    Well, I guess that's plausible. Like other poster's have stated, Afghans are the descendent's of everyone from the Siberian Tundra to the Iberian Peninsula...
    Which is contradictory to what I wrote.
    Though I imagine that if you showed up in SWAT valley and told some of the tribal leaders that they were either of jewish decent or a mix of races they'd chop your head off.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,334

    Default

    Pashtuns are part of the Iranian people and speak an Iranian language.

    They are from here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Iranians
    Last edited by Surenas; 12-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Impartial Bias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Korea, Republic of, South
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffit View Post
    Which is contradictory to what I wrote.
    Though I imagine that if you showed up in SWAT valley and told some of the tribal leaders that they were either of jewish decent or a mix of races they'd chop your head off.
    Please explain, I don't completely follow. Afghana I take to mean the prototypical people of Afghanistan, correct?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    Pashtuns are part of the Iranian people and speak an Iranian language.

    They are from here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andronovo_culture
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Iranian
    Sure as always and wrong like most of the time. The pashtuns are from south of the hindukush while the andronovo culture doesn't extend that far.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    Please explain, I don't completely follow. Afghana I take to mean the prototypical people of Afghanistan, correct?
    No, Afghana was a person, not the people. The people in this tradition are one of the lost tribes of israel.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffit View Post
    Sure as always and wrong like most of the time. The pashtuns are from south of the hindukush while the andronovo culture doesn't extend that far.
    Pashtuns and other Iranian peoples are not from the Hindukush. If you could point out to a mountain range, they were much more closer to the Pamir Mountains, which is in a way related to the Bactria-Margiana Archeological Complex:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria..._Indo-Iranians

  13. #13
    Senior Member Impartial Bias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Korea, Republic of, South
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffit View Post
    No, Afghana was a person, not the people. The people in this tradition are one of the lost tribes of israel.
    So, from a non-religious perspective, it is a Mythological story with no basis in concrete fact, correct?
    I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful, I'm just trying to get an idea on what your talking about. Am I correct in assuming it is a tale somewhat like Noah's escape from Egypt?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    Pashtuns and other Iranian peoples are not from the Hindukush. If you could point out to a mountain range, they were much more closer to the Pamir Mountains, which is in a way related to the Bactria-Margiana Archeological Complex:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bactria..._Indo-Iranians
    I didn't say that they were from the hindukush and traditionally speaking tadjiks come from the pamir area.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    4,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impartial Bias View Post
    So, from a non-religious perspective, it is a Mythological story with no basis in concrete fact, correct?
    I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful, I'm just trying to get an idea on what your talking about. Am I correct in assuming it is a tale somewhat like Noah's escape from Egypt?
    Yes and no, the Israeli kingdom was split in two when the Assyrians invaded and ten of the tribes were lost. Supporters of this theory generally base their theories on the comparasion of ancient Israeli customs and those of pashtuns, aswell as the names of ancient pashtuni tribes.

    IIRC there is actually a DNA research being conducted on pashtuni tribes at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •