Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: Pictures from my deployment (24th MEU)

  1. #1
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default Pictures from my deployment (24th MEU)

    Hey guys, finally got around to uploading these. Not a very eventful deployment in regards to operations, but we did lose an aircraft in Morocco. I have pictures of the incident but I will clear it with Hollis before releasing them (No longer an investigation).

    Morocco:















  2. #2
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Our next stop was a month long stint in the Jordanian desert.

    Jordan:


























  3. #3
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Our final stop, beautiful, scenic Kuwait.

    Kuwait:





  4. #4
    Senior Member Fade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Activated.
    Posts
    11,009

    Default

    Thanks for sharing Wilco, some very interesting photos here. This looks like more fun than testing aircraft engines all day

  5. #5

    Default

    Were you guys BLT 1/2? Or BLT 1/9?

    The entire time I was in the USMC I never even set foot on a ship. From day one we trained for Afghan, did two pumps over there and EAS'ed before the work up for the UDP began.

  6. #6
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Some more random ones from each place we went.



















  7. #7
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
    Were you guys BLT 1/2? Or BLT 1/9?

    The entire time I was in the USMC I never even set foot on a ship. From day one we trained for Afghan, did two pumps over there and EAS'ed before the work up for the UDP began.
    Glorious 1/2, yeah man I could have went my entire time in without it and I seriously do not want to do it again.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ivan le Fou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,865

    Default

    Thanks for sharing, nice pics!

  9. #9

    Default

    What exactly is your mission in these places? You land in morocco, patrol the desert for a bit, get back on the ship and move to kuwait and do the same, wut?

  10. #10
    Deserter Soldat_Américain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Borderlands with Nantan Lupan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,123

    Default

    Whose stryker?

  11. #11
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keparti View Post
    What exactly is your mission in these places? You land in morocco, patrol the desert for a bit, get back on the ship and move to kuwait and do the same, wut?
    Yeah man, training operations and whatnot. The point of a MEU is a response force for the AOR we are in but at the same time we do a **** ton of training.

    Soldat I hate you.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Carbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Good stuff thanks!

  13. #13
    Μολὼν λαβέ Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Stuck in the rain and mud again.
    Posts
    22,948

    Default

    Really great photos, thank you for sharing,


    Semper Fi

    Hollis

  14. #14
    Deserter Soldat_Américain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Borderlands with Nantan Lupan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    15,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
    Hey guys, finally got around to uploading these. Not a very eventful deployment in regards to operations, but we did lose an aircraft in Morocco. I have pictures of the incident but I will clear it with Hollis before releasing them (No longer an investigation).

    Morocco:






    Quote Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
    Yeah man, training operations and whatnot. The point of a MEU is a response force for the AOR we are in but at the same time we do a **** ton of training.

    Soldat I hate you.
    What? There's a stryker right there ^

  15. #15
    Not True Blue Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,699

    Default

    It's an LAV-Logistics variant.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •