Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ethnic Albanians threaten with armed conflict over memorial in south Serbia

Default Ethnic Albanians threaten with armed conflict over memorial in south Serbia

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]PREŠEVO -- Former members of the ethnic Albanian UCPMB (OVPMB) have threatened PM Ivica Dačić with "armed conflict" if a memorial in Preševo is torn down.[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial][FONT=lucida grande]

[/FONT]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial][CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER]

[LEFT][*******#FFFFFF][CENTER]A scene from southern Serbia (Beta, file)[/CENTER]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]The now disbanded terrorist group ("Liberation Army of Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa") was an offshoot of the so-called Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA, UCK), that was active in southern Serbia in the early 2000s.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]The memorial in question was put up for its members killed in clashes with government forces.

Now, the group's former members took to the internet and posted on the preshevajone.com website that they will "very easily again put on boots and uniforms and take up arms".

"We, the former members and commanders of the UCPMB, gave priority to dialogue and efforts to solve problems through talks because of European integration processes, in the hope that Serbia's repression toward ethnic Albanians in Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa would end," Lulizim Ibisi was quoted as saying, and adding:

"But due to the constant provocations of the Gendarmerie and threatening statements of Dačić it turns out that Belgrade is not interested in dialogue and stability in the region."

Sefket Hasani, aka Poet, meanwhile threatened Dačić that if he "touched the UCPMB monument in Preševo", he would "meet with 500 prepared soldiers from the West".

Hasani also "called on Serbia to give priority to dialogue so that we meet at the negotiating table today instead of in the woods tomorrow".

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    On Tuesday[*******#000000][FONT=Arial], the Serbian police trade union called on PM Dačić to act on his previous statements and remove the controversial memorial.[/FONT][/COLOR]

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes-a...6&nav_id=83842

Prime minister responds to threats of "armed conflict"

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]SOURCE: TANJUG[/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR][*******#000000][FONT=Arial]BANJA LUKA -- PM Ivica Dačić has once again stated that if the local authorities in Bujanovac fail to remove a controversial memorial, the state will do so "by force".[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial][FONT=lucida grande]

[/FONT]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial][CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER]

[LEFT][*******#FFFFFF][CENTER](Tanjug, file)[/COLOR][/LEFT][/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]His statement came after former members of an ethnic Albanian terror group in southern Serbia threatened to take up arms again if the memorial, built for their fellow OVPMB (UCPMB) members, was removed.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]Dačić told reporters in Banja Luka, RS, on Wednesday that "the international community was informed about the memorial", and that its construction was "an open provocation, designed to show that Serbia did not control a part of its territory":

"That is absolutely impossible. Anyone can issue threats all they like, the state is stronger than any threats, and we expect this issue to be solved in the coming weeks. It could be solved in a single day, but we've demonstrated our good will not to fan the flames. But, if they won't do it the easy way, then we'll do it by force."

The prime minister explained that "if the monument was not raised according to Serbia's laws", it would have to be removed.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#000000][FONT=Arial]"I have called on them before and I'm urging once again the authorities in Bujanovac and Preševo to pay attention and remove the monument themselves, in order not to cause inter-ethnic conflict. If they don't do it, the state will," concluded Dačić.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics...6&nav_id=83851

Im surprised Jeremic hasnt already called for a urgent UNSC meeting.

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]the constant provocations of the Gendarmerie[/FONT][/COLOR]
    What, the same Gendarmerie that removed the Serbian barricades in Jarinje? Pffft.

[*******#000000][FONT=Arial]meet with 500 prepared soldiers from the West[/FONT][/COLOR]
    ..what does that even mean?

[FONT=Arial][*******#000000]"That is absolutely impossible. Anyone can issue threats all they like, the state is stronger than any threats, and we expect this issue to be solved in the coming weeks. It could be solved in a single day, but we've demonstrated our good will not to fan the flames. But, if they won't do it the easy way, then we'll do it by force." [/COLOR][/FONT]

"state" is a ****ing disgrace..........

"That is absolutely impossible. Anyone can issue threats all they like, the state is stronger than any threats, and we expect this issue to be solved in the coming weeks. It could be solved in a single day, but we've demonstrated our good will not to fan the flames. But, if they won't do it the easy way, then we'll do it by force."
    This, is a Prime Minister? Sounds like the typical Balkan chickens**t hooligan.

Who/What is the monument to? Didn't catch that.

Terrorists and cop killers.

What I am just wondering is where it was put up, on public property or on private property, and whether it has any of the permits required if it is on public property. Of course, the whole fact that it is honoring terrorists as a reason to take it down is enough for me, but I would still like to know about the other offenses it commits.

But it's quite funny how retired terrorists threaten with armed attacks over something that might be as simple as a code violation, the funny part being that they have not already been arrested for it. I doubt the guy who publicly threathens to commit an armed attack in the US, Germany, England or France would see the next day from outside of a prison cell.

I doubt the guy who publicly threathens to commit an armed attack in the US, Germany, England or France would see the next day from outside of a prison cell.
    The US, Germany, England and France doesn't ethnically cleanse people. Slight difference from the Balkans, where a Prime Minister threatens through force. Don't confuse this part of the world with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AIG View Post
    The US, Germany, England and France doesn't ethnically cleanse people. Slight difference from the Balkans, where a Prime Minister threatens through force. Don't confuse this part of the world with the rest.

Give it a rest. Guilty for many things serbia and its people are not responsible for every single thing contrary to what many people would like to sugest.

They paid the price for what they did and still do to this day and in the future also.

Also since we are talking about teror group here i sugest some good old fashion "ethnic" cleansing . On the terror group i mean, ANY terror group.

That would solve a lot of problems just eradicate them and be done with it. Had we done the same with the taliban and such a LOT of good people would be alive today and a LOT of children would have parents.

The problem L-107 is that "terrorist" is one of those words that only has any meaning if it is reserved for those rare special occasions. It's like a curse word. It only has an impact if used sparingly. If every group in the world that every government in the world doesn't like is labeled "terrorist", then pretty soon everyone ends up being labeled a terrorist by one person or another. Even Al-Qaeda calls the US terrorist. But somehow that doesn't convince me.

So the less we use this word, the better. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

The problem L-107 is that "terrorist" is one of those words that only has any meaning if it is reserved for those rare special occasions. It's like a curse word. It only has an impact if used sparingly. If every group in the world that every government in the world doesn't like is labeled "terrorist", then pretty soon everyone ends up being labeled a terrorist by one person or another. Even Al-Qaeda calls the US terrorist. But somehow that doesn't convince me.

So the less we use this word, the better. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

I get what you say. My point was directed at the genuine terrorists . And the way i see it when someone calls for armed rebelion or something like that they are terrorists.
    I will not recognize anyone that speaks for armed conflict based on trivial matters as anithing but that.

However i do get your point too .

My point was directed at the genuine terrorists . And the way i see it when someone calls for armed rebelion or something like that they are terrorists.
    Well I don't think you got my point if you assume that everyone that calls for armed rebellion is a "terrorist" simply because of this. Now, just because you add the word "genuine" in front of it, doesn't elevate the impact of the accusation. I could just as easily say that someone who calls for the use of force just because someone build a monument, is a terrorist. But that didn't get us very far.

Banned user

Well, staring contest is on and Serbian PM already can't afford to chicken out of it, so demolish monument, wait for those 500 (50 my bet) to go into the woods, then kill them when they start to act all terroristy. School yard rules.

Well I don't think you got my point if you assume that everyone that calls for armed rebellion is a "terrorist" simply because of this. Now, just because you add the word "genuine" in front of it, doesn't elevate the impact of the accusation. I could just as easily say that someone who calls for the use of force just because someone build a monument, is a terrorist. But that didn't get us very far.
    Doesn't matter really, terrorist or not. If they break the law because they are unhappy with this monument being demolished, they will be arrested, and if they resist arrest and react with violence - they will be killed. Very simple really, no need to complicate life unnecessarily. I could understand if it was some historical monument or war monument - but if its a monument to some rag-tag, raping, pillaging militia in the recent war than I say fk em.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamming_Python View Post
    Doesn't matter really, terrorist or not. If they break the law because they are unhappy with this monument being demolished, they will be arrested, and if they resist arrest and react with violence - they will be killed. Very simple really, no need to complicate life unnecessarily. I could understand if it was some historical monument or war monument - but if its a monument to some rag-tag, raping, pillaging militia in the recent war than I say fk em.

I bet my money nothing will happen, the monument will stay honoring fallen members of UCPMB and this will all go away.