Thread: Eielson commander to sign copies of new book on moral implications of robotic warfare

Default Eielson commander to sign copies of new book on moral implications of robotic warfare

FAIRBANKS - "There was a time when American use of force was done out of deep reluctance," says a new book on the rise of remote-controlled military aircraft. "It was, for a time, the national ethic on the resort to war, but reluctance seems to have slipped over the past decades. Our nation as a whole is now immune to the effects of war."
    The book is "Killing Without Heart: Limits on Robotic Warfare in an Age of Persistent Conflict."

The author is M. Shane Riza, a veteran F-16 pilot who is to conclude his tour in early July as commander of the 354th Operations Group at Eielson Air Force Base..........

http://www.newsminer.com/blogs/staff_blogs/eielson-commander-to-sign-copies-of-new-book-on-moral/article_279b6290-e00d-11e2-8802-001a4bcf6878.html

http://www.eielson.af.mil/library/bi...sp?bioID=14773
    Last edited by Baked Alaskan; 07-01-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Added Military Biography

If he has his head that far up his ass I can see why he is leaving early.

Quote Originally Posted by ferguson View Post
    If he has his head that far up his ass I can see why he is leaving early.
    Hmmmm . . . it appears he is leaving his Group Command on time, almost exactly two years after he assumed command. This is a normal timeline for group command in the USAF. Also, I encourage you to run a Google search on this guy, and take in some of his readings. Thought provoking stuff from a seemingly intelligent and articulate officer.

Cheers!
    RL