Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does cnn not know the difference between a RPG and a LAW?

Default Does cnn not know the difference between a RPG and a LAW?

It bother me when the media tilts its reporting to pursue an agenda...
    http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...chers.cnn.html

So who cares what you call it, RPG, LAW (I'm not familiar with the other tube shown) their both rocket launchers?
    Well only it does seem just a bit less frightening when you think that the 2 RPGs recovered in this gun buyback were actually spent launchers, basically as deadly as a spent bullet shell. An RPG launcher on the other hand is a tube ready available to launch more rockets...
    What do you all think?

RPG is both a generic term for rocket-propelled grenade launchers or the RPG series of Soviet AT weapons, it isn't really a gaff.

Tom of Mumbai's fluffer ubermensche's Avatar
    On a beach, having a nice BBQ with Marine SEALs.

I lol at how CNN makes a big fuss about spent rocket launcher tubes at home. I'm pretty sure that it's legal to own them.

Counting the paces on the path back to Babylon.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensche View Post
    I lol at how CNN makes a big fuss about spent rocket launcher tubes at home. I'm pretty sure that it's legal to own them.
    Obviously they can be reweaponized into Assault Rocket Launchers with a simple modification. Some kid could put a bunch of mortars (firework version) down the tube and OMFG AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RPG!!11!

The media doesnt care about what is correct, it just wants aims for shock factor to grab your attention regardless of morality or justice, it will latch onto what they can and will twist and stretch truth, they could make hitler look like a great upstanding guy with a bit of soft music and a few tears over a sob story then later on if your lucky you might find a tiny correction or apology in some corner of some newspaper somewhere or some 5 second piece on late night news. Shock factor equals money that will far outweigh any fine that they might receive for reporting incorrect information

Banned user

With all the monstrosities i have heard from Greek reporters on weapons, the CNN reporter looks like [SIZE=2]Euge[SIZE=2]ne [SIZE=2]S[/SIZE]toner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I'm not thrilled he described LAW/AT4 as RPG. It's not like people own MANPADs and they report it like "not just one, but two..."

This thread reminds of how once a Dansih news paper translated RPG to Danish its one of the most funny things i have ever read
    RPG is rocket-propelled grenade they translated it to propel drevet granat which can then be translated to propeller driven grenade
    I would like to see one of those

I can still laugh at this years later

the Ralph Wiggum of Mp.net. timetraveller's Avatar

Those in the media are known for getting the facts wrong and worse claiming to be broadcasting live from the Gulf like that Reporter claimed he was yet on a Sub tied up in Harbour lololol

Sorta reminds me of this:

Potty trained to the excess kerfuffled's Avatar

Do not forget the "Bush-wacker" assault rifle and the "Sig-Sowzer" pistol from a couple weeks ago.

Sigh. It's fun how they say its not legal to own that spent AT-4, yet my local gun store has 3 for sale.

Suspended for infractions

Its just a tube for God's sake

The most it can do is make your child look awesome when they play pretend guns

Sigh. It's fun how they say its not legal to own that spent AT-4, yet my local gun store has 3 for sale.
    So jelly...

Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    Back when I was a youngster the local Army Navy store (what are those anymore?) had empty LAW tubes in a barrel. I wanted one real bad to throw through my rucksack so I could look like those guys from Tour of Duty for the neighborhood weekend "army" excursions in the local woods. I may or may not still have mine....

Don't expect comon sense from the media. All they care is to send that scarry message. Who cares about the truth or reality. all that matters is to scare as many ignorant people as possible. Nobody is checking them, nobody can hold them responsible for the lies and bs they throw out there.

I'm expecting this campaign to get a lot more dirty. Facebook already started locking accounts of the more vocal people and organizations out there. I'd expect them to attack the firearm owners on multiple levels this time.

If the Americcans sit this one out, they'll end up without the second amendment.