Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: China buys Tu-22 production line from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder Kennset View Post
    Ohh, EA (The gaming company) definately hires online trolls for "stealth promotions". They got caught last year. I can dig out the link if you want. But only if asked. Again last year.....Is it any surprise though? The Chinese companies I work with always hire people to stealth troll net forums to get the word out....Much large size companies like EA or Sony. And if you think companiese are bad at this, then the CCP? HECK, I'm excpecting a lot worse from them! Hiring "50-cents-ers" is right up their ally and definately something they would do here! And I'm pretty much sure CIA hires Chinese talkers to troll Chinese sites also! It goes all around these days!
    Look at the Irony, Tolls talking about tolls.

I hate to say this, but after working here since 2005, married to Chinese wife, talking with her relatives and my own, and in many cases, seeing what they're talking about in action, I'm really REALLY starting to believe many of those sterotypes. As they say, sterotypes are based on some truth, no matter how small. Unfortunately, many of the sterotypes I've seen, guess what? OHH BOY They make the sterotypes you are talking seem like childs play, such as Chinese can only make copies.....It's not that they can't...It's that in some cases, it's the only thing they know, or in other cases, they CAN'T innovate or in many cases, they don't want to because of other reasons...Thus this sterotype.
    Its still a stereotype. I have lived there off an on for the last 20 years. I won't divulge where, but I am quite familiar with the defense related research and development. I will just say copies are only a small part of what those companies do and is not even close to what you see a number of other commercial enterprises engaged in.

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tadeus View Post
    Why do you people hate Chinese in general? Why do you constantly underestimate their technological level in manufacturing and engineering? How can you claim that they have bad electronics package, even if you don't have any info about it? Yes they have low quality engines but with the quantities tha are producing they would need double all the worlds monocrystal growth casting plants to satisfy the demand. And I'm pretty sure they are building them right now. Did you know that the scrap in a turbine blade production is around 95%? So you have to produce 20 times more than you need to deliver, meaning that a turbine blade must cost 20 times more than it should.

Regardless of what you and I think they have:

Two indigenous fighter programs of 3-4 generation (in my opinion this generation division is so stupid and unnecessary): FC-1, J-10.
    Two indigenous fighter programs of 4 generation : J-20 and J-whatever.
    Two fighter programs of 3-4 generation based on Russian tech: J-11A, J-11B/J-15.
    Two aircraft programs of 2-3 generation based on various import tech: J-7H, J-7/8
    Training aircraft program based on various import tech: JL-8, JL-9.
    Bomber program (one?), transport aircrafts (I dont know how many but they cover prety much everything now if they start with the new "super" transport Il-76 look-alike), helicopter programs (varius transports based on Eurocopter cooperation, TWO attack helicopter programs). Hell, that's more than the rest of the world all together.
    Prosperous space industry (very important as a development base for "classic aircrafts"), etc.
    I won't even go on babling about other industries and the fact that China is probably the only country that can make all components for a plane. (Others mostly depend on import semiconductors, from China).

And finally stop with this Cicoms only copy-past. So what if they copy? You say F-22 is unique? Think again, F-22 has plenty of F-15, F-18, F-16, F-14, F-117, B-2, B-1, B-52, Av-8, A-10, B-747, C-4, B-707 etc knowledge in the base design. It was build on the the last 50 years of aircraft development. It's an improvment not something alien. It's a plane with wings and engines, nothing revolutionary about it. (Previous 60 years are no longer significant, but they did yield generations of workers, engineers, doctors and institutions). You can not call a F-22 a design out of a blue sky, the base for it was layed long ago. Chinese are skipping steps, so good for them.

P.S. Regarding the stupid generation division (Which international organisation is declaring conformity standards for that, IEEE?). We should have division in several categories. One category should be high price vs. cheap and mass production and other advanced, up-to date and obsolete performance and capabilities. Anyway you can not compare a MiG-21 (a rocket armed land guided interceptor design) vs a JAS-39 Gripen (a multifunctional light fighter) just by saying this is 2-nd gen and this is 4-rd gen, it does not make sense and it does not give true information, not even close.
    You still have not answered my question regarding about evidence of the AESA radar, or the aircrafts it is applied to. Or, the fact that you failed to mention what subsystems are to be used in the J-20 and whatnot. So far, it is a whole lot of talk about nothing.

Ohh, EA (The gaming company) definately hires online trolls for "stealth promotions". They got caught last year. I can dig out the link if you want. But only if asked. Again last year.....Is it any surprise though? The Chinese companies I work with always hire people to stealth troll net forums to get the word out....Much large size companies like EA or Sony. And if you think companiese are bad at this, then the CCP? HECK, I'm excpecting a lot worse from them! Hiring "50-cents-ers" is right up their ally and definately something they would do here! And I'm pretty much sure CIA hires Chinese talkers to troll Chinese sites also! It goes all around these days!
    So EA, the Chinese government, etc... some big names there. Makes one think that there would be some paid trolls on mp.net too. I wonder who a troll like you is being paid by?