Thread: Marine boots with ACU

Default Marine boots with ACU

Does anyone know if prior service Marines transferring to the Army are allowed to wear their Marine Corps issue boots with their ACUs?

Quote Originally Posted by LT08 View Post
    Does anyone know if prior service Marines transferring to the Army are allowed to wear their Marine Corps issue boots with their ACUs?
    Look up AR 670-1 and see exactly what it says about boot wear and appearance. I am pretty sure the answer is no, and none of my prior service Marine coworkers have ever done it.

Answer is no.

Negative, the imprinted EGA on the side is a no no

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy_ssd View Post
    Negative, the imprinted EGA on the side is a no no
    +1 AR 670-1 and local units boot policy will both say no.

But you are allowed to wear any earned medals and badges from other services on your Army dress uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by dave81 View Post
    But you are allowed to wear any earned medals and badges from other services on your Army dress uniform.
    I used to work with a guy who'd been USMC from 92-96, then was in the Army from like 98-01 at Ft. Lewis. While in the USMC he'd deployed to Somalia and gotten a CAR, so he put a 1st MarDiv patch on his right shoulder. Apparently it irked his 1st Sgt but it was legit.

I have the orders somewhere for Army people attached to one of the Marine Divisions during the GWOT authorizing them to wear Marine patches as combat patches. I looked into it because I thought my buddies and I earned them but it was only for very specific units during a very specific time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by dave81 View Post
    I have the orders somewhere for Army people attached to one of the Marine Divisions during the GWOT authorizing them to wear Marine patches as combat patches. I looked into it because I thought my buddies and I earned them but it was only for very specific units during a very specific time frame.

We have loads of people at my unit with Marine combat patches, as they were attached to those units for more than 30 days in theater during hostilities. We are kind of unique in our MOS as we attached teams of four or less to infantry units.

My unit has prior service Marines that all wear their previous USMC unit patches and also one that wears his old issue boots with EGA on it as the Army issued him the wrong size boots. Then again, my unit is anything but 670-1 nazis and almost exclusively goes by big boy rules.

In Iraq I drew a Nike swoosh on the sides of the rubber outsoles of my boots, so there's that.