Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301303304305306307308309310311
Results 4,651 to 4,664 of 4664

Thread: War Thunder - Free combat MMO game

In tanks, my only goal is to try to get in close because my tanks always seem outclassed. I have for the engine, tracks, and vehicle hatches. Frontal shots only lead to a quick death for me.

Battle rating is weird. Typhoon MkIa has it at 3.0, same as P-47, but I never saw a BR 4.0 plane while flying the former. With thunderbolt - it's normal to be chased by yak-9t's.

Quote Originally Posted by Laworkerbee View Post
    In tanks, my only goal is to try to get in close because my tanks always seem outclassed. I have for the engine, tracks, and vehicle hatches. Frontal shots only lead to a quick death for me.
    I know exactly what you mean...you'd think that aiming for the turret ring would guarantee an instakill either on the crew or because you have just cooked the whole thing off but no...Equipping with HEAT makes a bit of a difference but is only really worth it at engagements up to 600 metres.

Have they made the grind worse? I don't know if it is just because i have been away a long time, but even without the really slow RP feature, earning actual lions and what not seems slower than ever?

Also, did they remove the mid-air reload feature on planes? I can understand it in the realism and historic modes but its a stupid decision in arcade mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohtar1985 View Post
    Battle rating is weird. Typhoon MkIa has it at 3.0, same as P-47, but I never saw a BR 4.0 plane while flying the former. With thunderbolt - it's normal to be chased by yak-9t's.
    I think it's because they're sucky pilots? Sometimes I'll not see any tiers in a match and at other times everything is a P-63 or a Yak-9t - Now that I sweat those aircraft when I'm in a P-47.

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    Also, did they remove the mid-air reload feature on planes? I can understand it in the realism and historic modes but its a stupid decision in arcade mode.
    No, it's still the same way.

I don't understand what the RP points are for? I have close to 10 million and have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexer View Post
    Only battle rating and your own performance are taken into account. I have also had plenty of opportunity to compete against way stronger tanks.

One really has to watch out for these battle ratings as just one plane or tank in the wrong slot bumps you up into a whole world of pain. Adding to that, some of the battle ratings are fucking stupid as well and have, IMHO, no grounding in reality.

On the note of quick kills, it is all a bit of a gamble, I just try to incapacitate a tank as quickly as possible. Shooting the engine out and causing a fire is pretty good. Same as killing the transmission on a tank destroyer, leaves them utterly defenceless.
    So they match make on player skill now? That's new. I don't know whether to be flattered or annoyed ha!

How do you alter battle ratings by the way? I gather having tanks from roughly equal 'tiers' has a big influence on it?

The whole engine thing in this game annoys me. I don't care what you are driving but if i shoot at your engine block from 400 metres away or less with a 50mm gun, you should have suffered from a catastrophic failure or outright death. Seems that the War Thunder devs have different ideas about that...

My crew always seems fragile, constantly being knocked unconcious either that or my turret gears get jammed with unnerving frequency.

No, it's still the same way.

I don't understand what the RP points are for? I have close to 10 million and have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them.
    Well as far as i can work out you earn RP points to research a tank/plane so that you can then have the privilege of spending a fortune in lions on; then you can play with said tank or plane.

The points you have in that little bank thing you can spend with GE (clever bastards) to boost the rate at which you research said vehicle. Say for example you need 5900 RP to unlock a tank to purchase, and you have only earned 800 in game, you can spend some from your little pot to help yourself out or, if you have enough, unlock the tank straight away.

But can't you just do that with "Gold" regardless? It seems like the RP points are rather pointless.

No pun intended.

But can't you just do that with "Gold" regardless? It seems like the RP points are rather pointless.

No pun intended.
    To be honest i don't really know. I don't have much experience with the "Gold" because i am a stingy peasant who can't afford it

I've given them $40 over the past couple years and it's mainly out of guilt of enjoying a free game so much. I might have to kick them down another $20.

I've given them $40 over the past couple years and it's mainly out of guilt of enjoying a free game so much. I might have to kick them down another $20.
    Yeah i think i may have to crack open the wallet as well. There is a Jagdpanther with my name on it and i am determined to get it by the end of the month!

No pun intended.
    You get to pay with GE to spend your "Free" Research points. However only up to the amount you have earned yet. It's a scam I tell you.

@Unionjack

Closely matching the battle ratings is your best bet. Unfortunately they are set in stone and only the devs change them. I will try to find the post about BRs tomorrow, but there is a good guide on the WT forums. You can tell the old tier system goodbye though, it serves no real purpose AFAIK.

Count yourself lucky that you missed the cannon barrel madness, each game you would see your barrel knocked out, which lead to a repair time of 25-35 seconds. Nowadays it seems to eb less common and the repair time is less than 10 seconds for me.

I remember Mr. Trollingham walked me through the battle ratings one night. He mentioned something along the lines of if you're at battle rating 2.0 then you can face opponents that are up to 3.0.

Meanwhile the 3.0 guys face opponents that are up to 4.0 - It made sense in some crazy Russian way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexer View Post
    You get to pay with GE to spend your "Free" Research points. However only up to the amount you have earned yet. It's a scam I tell you.

@Unionjack

Closely matching the battle ratings is your best bet. Unfortunately they are set in stone and only the devs change them. I will try to find the post about BRs tomorrow, but there is a good guide on the WT forums. You can tell the old tier system goodbye though, it serves no real purpose AFAIK.

Count yourself lucky that you missed the cannon barrel madness, each game you would see your barrel knocked out, which lead to a repair time of 25-35 seconds. Nowadays it seems to eb less common and the repair time is less than 10 seconds for me.
    I remember Mr. Trollingham walked me through the battle ratings one night. He mentioned something along the lines of if you're at battle rating 2.0 then you can face opponents that are up to 3.0.

Meanwhile the 3.0 guys face opponents that are up to 4.0 - It made sense in some crazy Russian way.
    Thanks guys! If you kind find a walkthrough or explanation on battle ratings, Hexer, that would be awesome.

The house with the black van infront of the door (day 5)

They're ment for people that don't have the patience, skill or time to unlock everything and like to spent money instead. It's ok in my eyes and a proper market sheme in F2P games but with that conversion rate I'll never use it as I think it's outright theft. I've about 30 million sitting there. Btw, they're called CRP for covertible RP.

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    Thanks guys! If you kind find a walkthrough or explanation on battle ratings, Hexer, that would be awesome.
    It's quite easy. The highest BR of the vehicle you selected or have in your line-up is what counts. If it's air/ground only games then tanks/aircrafts in a line-up don't count.

Normally it's BR +/- 1.0 but can get raised to 1.3 if a player is especially good or bad. It seems that if there aren't that many players online the spread automatically gets raised even higher to allow creating a session especially in the highest tier.