Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project "Rydwan" - New Polish Multipurpose Platforms.

Default Project "Rydwan" - New Polish Multipurpose Platforms.

This is very early concept 3d model of new Main Battle Tank presented today in TV, it is on one of two new multirole combat platforms developed withing project "Rydwan" (Charriot).

Plan is to have two platforms, light/medium weight for IFV and light weight tracked vehicles, and heavy weight platform for MBT and other heavier tracked vehicles.

What we can say from this early concept model is that:
    - turret is completely unmanned and seems to be further evolution of turret developed and presented on WPB Anders.
    - it is not certain if powerpack will be at rear or front, for now it seems to be at front.

Perhaps the inspiration will be Merkava Mk4 and Namer tandem, we will see.

It is said that first technology demonstrator or prototype will be presented on MSPO in september.

what about anders?

Quote Originally Posted by merk666 View Post
    what about anders?
    WPB Anders was just a technology demonstrator and experiment to see what we can do, it fullfiled it's purpose and was closed. Also what is needed to remember, Anders was only industry proposal, not designed per any requirements, new platforms are designed with army requirements in mind. These requirements are said to be publicly presented in March this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    WPB Anders was just a technology demonstrator and experiment to see what we can do, it fullfiled it's purpose and was closed. Also what is needed to remember, Anders was only industry proposal, not designed per any requirements, new platforms are designed with army requirements in mind. These requirements are said to be publicly presented in March this year.
    It would be great to see Poland and Israel work together since both nations are in the midst of designing new armored platforms.

This is very early concept 3d model of new Main Battle Tank presented today in TV, it is on one of two new multirole combat platforms developed withing project "Rydwan" (Charriot).
    Perhaps the inspiration will be Merkava Mk4 and Namer tandem, we will see. ...
    [SIZE=1][PL][/SIZE]"Rydwan" = [SIZE=1][HE][/SIZE]"Merkava" = [SIZE=1][EN][/SIZE]"Chariot"

Might it possibly be a JV with Israel? Or is the naming only a coincidence?
    Love the turret's triangular faces and design, but the complete vehicle design seems to have a pretty bad (high) profile for being a MBT, no?

Hmmm, cooperation with Israel? I think that Israelis also wanted to design a more compact, lighter multipurpose platform right? However nothing was said about cooperating with Israel in this in our media.

Love the turret's triangular faces and design, but the complete vehicle design seems to have a pretty bad (high) profile for being a MBT, no?
    It is designed as multipurpose platform, also keep in mind that this is very early overall concept model, and also that designers want as much compact and light vehicle with bes possible protection within such weight. Still we need to wait to september MSPO exhibition, when it is planned to present first technology demonstrator.

Hmmm, cooperation with Israel? I think that Israelis also wanted to design a more compact, lighter multipurpose platform right? However nothing was said about cooperating with Israel in this in our media.

It is designed as multipurpose platform, also keep in mind that this is very early overall concept model, and also that designers want as much compact and light vehicle with bes possible protection within such weight. Still we need to wait to september MSPO exhibition, when it is planned to present first technology demonstrator.
    Yes, Israel is apparently designing a lighter multipurpose platform to augment its forces.

Quote Originally Posted by TT1 View Post

I think it looks a tad ugly in my opinion. Then again these 3D models tend not to be the best reflection of looks so i will suspend judgment until we see it at MSPO . What counts though is what it can do. Looks like they used SolidWorks as the programme, can anyone confirm?

I can only add that when I watched news report, one of engineers working on this model, said that inspiration were many different vehicles, among them also Merkava.

Of course. Please keep us updated, will follow the development with great interest

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    I think it looks a tad ugly in my opinion. Then again these 3D models tend not to be the best reflection of looks so i will suspend judgment until we see it at MSPO . What counts though is what it can do.
    And withstand

Looks like they used SolidWorks as the programme, can anyone confirm?
    I would also say that it's SolidWorks being used.

Too bad. Anders looked very good.

project "Rydwan" (Charriot).
    Oh, my l love the name of project "Rydwan". Seems that poles do not think about how the name of vehicle will be heard internationally. Earlier automotive industry learns some lessons after string of badly choices. Now it is time of learning for military complex. In Belarusian, Russian and Ukrainian languages term "rydwan" (рыдван) exist too. And have meaning "old, junky or sloppy carriage", "jalopy" "rattletrap" and similar . Definitely not the wisest choice of name.

"Rydwan" is only codename for research and development program, how vehicle will be named is not known yet.

@TT1
    Same as Merkava, engine is in front of hull as i see on picture, so it's need to be high. Well this is price of getting multirole vehicle(MBT, IFV?). Turret looks good tho.

In march army requirements will be presented for public, perhaps the final hull configuration might change.

It is hard to say at current stage of the program.

Also it is worth to mention that there are two camps in Poland, one is against designing new platforms already considering them as failures, and the second that supports research and development. I am closer to the second, also I hope that there will be foreing support from some big western AFV's manufacturing company.

General Skrzypczak our vice minister of defense, said that currently final foreing company is not choosen but several are considered. I have interview with him somewhere, I look at it again to see if I didn't messed something up.