Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taliban has been offered peace treaty in Oslo

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    If indeed true, we will never forget this
    Presuming this has not been approved by Obama?

None of our politicians ever told us "this is the 10-year Marshall plan, this is the budget and this is what Afghanistan will look like in 2013". I think most of the money somehow went to corrupt clan leaders, politicians, companies and probably drug-related illegal business. What will happen to ISAF reconstruction operation and funding/donations to the Afghan gov? The soviets probably did more for the country and people in terms of infrastructure, schools, universities, airports, secularism, etc. than NATO ever did. And it makes sense.. they had the money, ideology (albeit a stupid one but compared to religious zealots... well) and resources, since they only were next door. All we got after 10+ years of war is an Islamic Republic, sharia and the talib nuts in charge of justice... we're back to zero. And correct me if I'm wrong, but WTF?!! I still remember watching in 2000 the execution of women in Kabul football stadium (EU-funded project back then), that was Taliban justice: AK bullet on the head, in public.

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

If true, I hope this Oslo Accord works out better than the last one, but I'm not optimistic.

In A Mexican Standoff with some hombre, esť, and vato.

Paris Peace Accords V2, seems like.

Ministry of Justice. Really?

[*******#000000]"Karzai sent a message to the Norwegians offering the Taliban the Ministry of Justice and the position of Chief Justice," the source told Al Jazeera. A second source also close to the Afghan Taliban in Doha confirmed the offer.
    [/COLOR]
    Giving Taliban the ministry of justice? Nice move mr. Karzai, you'll be the first to be legally executed on a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by IconOfEvi View Post
    If indeed true, we will never forget this
    Believe me, you will
    Because that's how work nations (not individuals of course)

And it's not the first announcement like that anyway
    Who was really expecting that the war would end differently since 2008-2009 ?

It is not like you could round up all the 15 and beyong afghans males and go Gengis Khan on them
    And as we refused to put real pressure on Pakistan, the result was predictable