Thread: Intense firefight - Farc - columbia

Banned user

Default Intense firefight - Farc - columbia

Ambush in colombia - RIP

anti narcotics operation goes bad in colombia, soldiers get ambushed by farc.

(partly graphic)
    1 captured - 33days later released
    Casualties: According to army 4+1kia (police) according to farc 17kia

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=197_1362339682

Last edited by Stan12; 03-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Sheep dog standing before wolves The Dane's Avatar

Intense!
    Good video.. thanks for sharing!

if i was brave enough to drag a camera through that, i hope i'd have been brave enough to grab the rifle if it went that wrong.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by wiking View Post
    if i was brave enough to drag a camera through that, i hope i'd have been brave enough to grab the rifle if it went that wrong.
    X2 don't like this pacifistic manner

Repost!!!, this was old and it happened last year!!!

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...is-in-Colombia

Combat footage of the kidnaping of the French Journalist Romeo Langlois in Colombia
    Video
    ***Warning Graphic images***

Combat footage of the kidnaping of the French Journalist Romeo Langlois by the FARC

Banned user

Is there a "Columbia - Farc" Thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan12 View Post
    Is there a "Columbia - Farc" Thread ?
    Just for the Record

and yes there is a
    Colombian Armed Forces pics, videos and more

last page
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...03#post6601703

Not really. He's a journalist, not a combatant and therefore has a different mandate. His duty is to report, not to fight.

Check out Sebastian Junger's book "War". He spent months at a time living with Infantry in a remote outpost in the Korangal Valley , taking immense amount of fire on a regular basis. He explains the many reasons why journalists should never, under any circumstance, take part. He does explain how tempted he is, and how he felt he was often betraying the soldiers he was living with. Despite this, joining in on a conflict would make the individual a combatant and not a journalist, and delegitimises their account.

Arguably it takes more courage to fight ones natural instinct to defend oneself.

Wow. That's pretty unique stuff. Camera work and video so clear and steady. So strange how everything is so calm compared to most other combat videos, their voices even when calling for reinforcements, even right up to their last sentences. This is one of those videos I'll never forget seeing. Always a shame and a loss to the world to see lives of men such as these lost. My sympathies ... are not enough really.

Umm, my impressions (not analysis or criticism, I wouldn't dare, the lens is such a small restricted thing to see this through):

I thought it was interesting just how little fire they returned. And just how much of the time they were standing upright, only to duck when fire came their way, but then latter you see them standing up in the middle of this bright green foilage again. We see them spotting the enemy nearby clearly, but no fire is directed towards them, you'd think they were sight seeing on that battlefield. I got the gut feeling that they were taking the contact a bit too lightly. As the Sgt says at one point, it's just a job to him.

At one point one of the guys (the Sgt to his Captain over the radio?) "I'm not moving, if I move I'll get shot, I'm staying with the machine gun" ... but in most of the western combat vids I've seen ... no one stays immobile if they can help it. Especially when, as they say, they've got no cover.

These are just impressions. There are probably explanations for all of these things. Our viewpoint is with the cameraman", who is with the Sgt who is directing his guys, probably not at the skirmish line, etc.

But at the same time -- well -- here's a good example of the dichotomy of behaviour I see ... AFTER the Sgt and cameraman were wounded despite lying as flat as they possibly could, this other guy saunters over, walking perfectly upright, to get the radio. what the .....

Anyways, I shall have to remember these brave gentlemen, who so calmly faced the enemy they knew was closing in on them.

Never thought I'd see such clear video of an exchange of grenades.