Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20222324252627282930

Thread: Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 MRAPs to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullets

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Haha, I think it's cool. I want the Afrika Korps "Rommel" model though....

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][*******#000000]
    Guess you forgot what happened in Eas[SIZE=3]tern Europe when they started overthrowing [SIZE=3]their [SIZE=3]Communist leadership. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    I doubt Libya & Egypt are going to start making lots of po4n.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Recently spotted here...Proof of UN incursions....

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    I'd love to drive one of those to work.
    yes, want too please....

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    The major difference is that in the past these atrocities were actually taking place. Right now every nut with a computer can post some wild assed story, and people take it as the Gospel. Once these stories get started, they take a life of their own. Just look at all the 9/11 truther stories, or all the stories that somehow the US had caused the tsunami that struck the Pacific.
    None of them sprung up literally over night. WWII Germany wasn't life is great for everybody and then the next morning they're burning Jews (and others) on an industrial scale. It took years for it to get to the point. And if you back it all the way up to the beginning (before Jews entered the equation) you saw things that while questionable certainly didn't shout, "the Holocost is a comin'". My point is that if you wait until the $hit has already hit the fan to raise an eyebrow then you're already too late. "Nip it in the bud" as they say, so that kind of stuff never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    None of them sprung up literally over night. WWII Germany wasn't life is great for everybody and then the next morning they're burning Jews (and others) on an industrial scale. It took years for it to get to the point. And if you back it all the way up to the beginning (before Jews entered the equation) you saw things that while questionable certainly didn't shout, "the Holocost is a comin'". My point is that if you wait until the $hit has already hit the fan to raise an eyebrow then you're already too late. "Nip it in the bud" as they say, so that kind of stuff never happens.
    There is a book titled, "When Money Dies". It's a great collection of info about post WWI Germany and the Great Depression. I use that as my model for when the real Apocalypse comes. Yep- it already happened. I try but can not imagine myself or my familiy in the situation those German civilians found themselves in. One lady saved her family because her husband, killed in the war, left behind a huge cigar collection. She used the cigars like money, and got through it. Cash was useless. Commodities were everything. Government was worse than useless- it was quite harmful to folks surviving. As each thing the people came up with to get around the gvt regulations, the gvt would step in and outlaw it- trying to drive the people back into the outlandish ideas the idiot pols kept coming up with. Each time, though people would begin trading something different- and sneaking out at night collecting weeds to eat (hopeful no one would see them and rush in and plunder the new patch). In the end, people became like "Zombies"- not caring about property, each other, all they thought of is getting something to either cook with, heat the home with or eat- and some of the things they ate - ugh! Many starved to death- children were the most pitiful. But, governments did that to the people with hair brained ideas they were just determined to make work no matter the cost. When no one knew what to do, they just did something to make themselves look important and it really hurt- did tremendous damage. The same thing went on in the US under Roosevelt.

My mother talked about the camps, the WPA and the CCC- they were really forced labor camps. Some judges would sentence young men to them like jail to get them off the streets. My Uncle actually went to prison for escaping the camps twice. The economic policies of Roosevelt never worked, at all- just made things worse and worse-. On my Great Uncle's farm in Missouri, mother was living there as a last resort (Uncle was a monster), but one day the soldiers came, gathered up their dairy cows- more than a hundred head and shot them, dug a huge ditch and buried the carcasses and dumped in all the butter and milk, dead cows from farms all around- buried it all and left. Why? Government program to control milk prices- Uncle's and neighboring farms were just not part of the program- so, gvt came in and took care of business (protecting the big dairies- big business donates big campaign contributions, ya know). The same laws are still enforced to this very day!

Only WWII brought us out of it, not government planning and policy. Governments can be deadly, violent orgs hell bent to hurt people if people let them get out of hand. They shield themselves behind the mantra, "For the Greater Good!"- next thing ya know, you're burning Jews.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    On my Great Uncles farm in Missouri, mother was living there as a last resort (Uncle was a monster), but one day the soldiers came, gathered up their dairy cows- more than a hudred head and shot them, dug a huge ditch and buried the carcasses and dumped in all the butter and milk from farms all around- buried it all and left. Why? Govenemnt program to control milk prices- Uncle's and neighboring farms were not part of the program- so, gvt came in a took care of business.
    Yep. Stuff like that, outlawing possession of gold, rounding up the Japanese and putting them in camps. . ."you're crazy cuz that stuff can never happen here!" That kind of ignorance is infuriating.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    There is a book titled, "When Money Dies". It's a great collection of info about post WWI Germany and the Great Depression. I use that as my model for when the real Apocalypse comes. Yep- it already happened. I try but can not imagine myself or my familiy in the situation those German civilians found themselves in. One lady saved her family because her husband, killed in the war, left behind a huge cigar collection. She used the cigars like money, and got through it. Cash was useless. Commodities were everything. Government was worse than useless- it was quite harmful to folks surviving. As each thing the people came up with to get around the gvt regulations, the gvt would step in and outlaw it- trying to drive the people back into the outlandish ideas the idiot pols kept coming up with. Each time, though people would begin trading something different- and sneaking out at night collecting weeds to eat (hopeful no one would see them and rush in and plunder the new patch). In the end, people became like "Zombies"- not caring about property, each other, all they thought of is getting something to either cook with, heat the home with or eat- and some of the things they ate - ugh! Many starved to death- children were the most pitiful. But, governments did that to the people with hair brained ideas they were just determined to make work no matter the cost. When no one knew what to do, they just did something to make themselves look important and it really hurt- did tremendous damage. The same thing went on in the US under Roosevelt.

My mother talked about the camps, the WPA and the CCC- they were really forced labor camps. Some judges would sentence young men to them like jail to get them off the streets. My Uncle actually went to prison for escaping the camps twice. The economic policies of Roosevelt never worked, at all- just made things worse and worse-. On my Great Uncle's farm in Missouri, mother was living there as a last resort (Uncle was a monster), but one day the soldiers came, gathered up their dairy cows- more than a hundred head and shot them, dug a huge ditch and buried the carcasses and dumped in all the butter and milk, dead cows from farms all around- buried it all and left. Why? Government program to control milk prices- Uncle's and neighboring farms were just not part of the program- so, gvt came in and took care of business (protecting the big dairies- big business donates big campaign contributions, ya know). The same laws are still enforced to this very day!

Only WWII brought us out of it, not government planning and policy. Governments can be deadly, violent orgs hell bent to hurt people if people let them get out of hand. They shield themselves behind the mantra, "For the Greater Good!"- next thing ya know, you're burning Jews.
    MM excellent post.

There is a tendency to forget how money dying can play so heavily on a people. It becomes about survival.

This talk of UN invasion blah blah is nonsense, the US Government has nothing to be afraid of, only its own people - guns. Fiat currency has a long history of failure. As the example above, it turns very ugly.

We are already seeing massive stress on the US dollar, how far it will go before it breaks (or recovers?) is anybodies guess, but one thing we have seen is that the US Government has been bailing out big business, useless schemes have been initiated etc. More importantly, printing money at a rate of %13 annually, history tells us this is a leading indicator of a currency on the brink.

It is prudent to keep an eye open, it is foolish to keep your blinkers on.