Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627

Thread: Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 MRAPs to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    What's a bit frustrating is that many (including some here) were slamming those who were saying Obama was for gun control simply because he hadn't done much in that area during his first term. I think they honestly thought, "hey, this guy didn't go after guns so maybe he's not all bad" and voted for him thinking 2nd Term Obama was going to be the same guy as the first. First Term Obama was biding his time. Nothing more. But now that he has "more flexibility" we've begun to see the "real" Obama. Is it any wonder people are jumpy and primed to expect the worst out of the guy given his past associations, actions, lack of experience, etc. ?
    People are "jumpy" because the majority of the population doesn't have a clue as how the government actually works. They think the President has far more power than he actually does. President Obama can want to do a lot of things, and unless he can get Congress to go along by 1) making his wishes law, be 2) get Congress to fun what he wants done, there's really not much he can do. Or, they're scared of the unknown. It's been a long time since the country's been in situation like this. The world is in a state of transition, and it scares people. They want stability, and strong leadership, and that's something we're not getting. So when someone comes along and starts spewing BS, it's easy for them to work the masses into a frenzy, especially when the BS lines they're being fed are similar to their views to begin with.

In part agree. On the other hand, look at any really big atrocity that's happened in the past. They all started somewhere. Somewhere little, under the radar. People later say, "how could that ever happen?", "why didn't they do anything to prevent it?" Well, because nobody wanted to believe it and too few of the right people knew it was real. Then at some point it becomes too big to turn around.
    The major difference is that in the past these atrocities were actually taking place. Right now every nut with a computer can post some wild assed story, and people take it as the Gospel. Once these stories get started, they take a life of their own. Just look at all the 9/11 truther stories, or all the stories that somehow the US had caused the tsunami that struck the Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
    People are "jumpy" because the majority of the population doesn't have a clue as how the government actually works. They think the President has far more power than he actually does. President Obama can want to do a lot of things, and unless he can get Congress to go along by 1) making his wishes law, be 2) get Congress to fun what he wants done, there's really not much he can do. Or, they're scared of the unknown. It's been a long time since the country's been in situation like this. The world is in a state of transition, and it scares people. They want stability, and strong leadership, and that's something we're not getting. So when someone comes along and starts spewing BS, it's easy for them to work the masses into a frenzy, especially when the BS lines they're being fed are similar to their views to begin with.
    Very well said. Too many people seem to think that Obama can act as a monarch. I'm happier with the Federal Gov't as a whole now than I was prior to the 2010 elections. Imagine how things might look if the Democrats still had a majority everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hey, we should write a script. It could be like Red Dawn, except the good citizens of the USA are fighting UN invaders. And zombies. Zombies created by Obama, along the lines of the Nazi zombies in Shock Waves.
    Our heroes will be driven to stand up for what's right after hordes of ATF agents, using some of the 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo while gunning down poor innocent 'Mericans from inside their armored MRAPs. Then we'll need to have an assault on a FEMA death camp, which will lead up to the final battle in the streets of Washington DC. Where the UN zombies will be released to reign death on them. But as an extra added twist, they'll be Muslim UN zombies controlled by the secret mind control satellites personally controlled by the President himself, from a secret bunker located under on of the many golf courses he's know to favor.

On a more serious note, I really do think there are a number of posters here who have delusional fantasies of becoming a guerrilla leader, and leading their band of patriotic resistance fighters as they storm the White House to oust what they see as an oppressive government. Which is just sad.

Hey everyone, look at me, I'm the only important one here...

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
    I didn't say a majority of his voting block support gun control. I said that a sizable chunk of the population supports gun control and many of those are Obama/Democrat supporters. That doesn't mean that every democrat supports gun control, that everyone who supports gun control is a democrat, or that it's a majority of any population in 'Murica. It just means that a not insignificant number of people are pushing for gun control and they tend to lean towards the Democrats over the Republicans.
    So is a sizable chunk of the population, much of it his voter base.
    So, from my response, all you got was the piece you quoted.

Basically, you believe(for whatever reason) that “a sizable chunk of the population, much of it his voter base” is all for gun control. This could not be further from the truth. If this were the case, the Dems would not have lost the House and Senate in 94, shortly after the AWB was put in place.

The one thing the majority of Americans and Citizens want the Government to leave alone is their firearms, don’t mess with the 2nd Amendment, it won’t do you any good….

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

This is true only in part. Yes, there are many who are woefully ignorant of how our government works on both sides of the issue. People who fully understand just how our government works are also jumpy. Apparently you do not really understand the scope of executive order powers. There is already an importation ban in place for certain weapons that could be vastly expanded through and EO. Relatively small changes in existing federal regs could ban a number of weapons now on the market by declaring certain features illegal. And everyone knows that if the Dems hold the Senate and take the House in 2014, the chance of an AW ban passing go up dramatically. So your implication that people are "jumpy" only because they are ignorant of the workings of our government is itself a somewhat ignorant statement.

And as for your and James's {EDIT: adding Cali Joe; see below} subsequent posts, your reductio ad absurdum fallacy circle jerk does your argument no favors.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Recently spotted here...Proof of UN incursions....

In a suit, with a pipe, pondering how to retort

Quote Originally Posted by Geezah View Post
    Basically, you believe(for whatever reason) that “a sizable chunk of the population, much of it his voter base” is all for gun control. This could not be further from the truth. If this were the case, the Dems would not have lost the House and Senate in 94, shortly after the AWB was put in place.

The one thing the majority of Americans and Citizens want the Government to leave alone is their firearms, don’t mess with the 2nd Amendment, it won’t do you any good….
    By sizable chunk I definitely don't mean a majority. I mean that support for gun control is not insignificantly small anymore, as we can see by the fact that both Romney and Obama were talking about getting soldiers weapons off the streets and "common sense measures", in the presidential debates.

Most Americans do indeed want the Government to leave guns alone, but a not insignificant minority are making a lot of noise for the opposite.

the internet is serious business! Ought Six's Avatar

Arrow

By sizable chunk I definitely don't mean a majority. I mean that support for gun control is not insignificantly small anymore, as we can see by the fact that both Romney and Obama were talking about getting soldiers weapons off the streets in the presidential debates.
    Support for gun control in America has not been "insignificantly small" since Kennedy was assassinated; arguably, since the National Firearms Act was passed in 1934. But I get what you mean by "sizeable chunk", and the phrase seems perfectly accurate to me.

Hopefully we are now past the semantics portion of the debate, and can get on to the substance.
    ----------
    Most Americans do indeed want the Government to leave guns alone, but a not insignificant minority are making a lot of noise for the opposite.
    Quite true, and that is fine. Unfortunately, liberals are also using their deathgrip on the MSM and academia in an incessant effort to indoctrinate Americans with the idea that guns are pure evil and must be banned, and those who own them marginalized and ridiculed.

Hey everyone, look at me, I'm the only important one here...

By sizable chunk I definitely don't mean a majority. I mean that support for gun control is not insignificantly small anymore, as we can see by the fact that both Romney and Obama were talking about getting soldiers weapons off the streets and "common sense measures", in the presidential debates.
    This is what Mitt Romney said, “I’m not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns" , he also said the following "We, of course, don't want to have automatic weapons, and that's already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons." Which is actually wrong.....

But I do not see where he said anythng that matches what you claimed he said. Kerry mirrored Obama's stance during the Bush/Kerry debate in 2004, so it is not like this is something new. The Dems have gone after firearms for years.

I understand that you are baseing this on the actions of Obama and Biden and what you see in the media, but I look for it to go nowhere in the House and and has an uphill battle in the Senate as there are a few Dems that are in Red States that are up for reelection in 2014, amd they fully understand that this will be the death of their political career if they support gun control....

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post

I'd love to drive one of those to work.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Haha, I think it's cool. I want the Afrika Korps "Rommel" model though....

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][*******#000000]
    Guess you forgot what happened in Eas[SIZE=3]tern Europe when they started overthrowing [SIZE=3]their [SIZE=3]Communist leadership. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    I doubt Libya & Egypt are going to start making lots of po4n.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post

I'd love to drive one of those to work.
    yes, want too please....

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    On my Great Uncles farm in Missouri, mother was living there as a last resort (Uncle was a monster), but one day the soldiers came, gathered up their dairy cows- more than a hudred head and shot them, dug a huge ditch and buried the carcasses and dumped in all the butter and milk from farms all around- buried it all and left. Why? Govenemnt program to control milk prices- Uncle's and neighboring farms were not part of the program- so, gvt came in a took care of business.
    Yep. Stuff like that, outlawing possession of gold, rounding up the Japanese and putting them in camps. . ."you're crazy cuz that stuff can never happen here!" That kind of ignorance is infuriating.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    There is a book titled, "When Money Dies". It's a great collection of info about post WWI Germany and the Great Depression. I use that as my model for when the real Apocalypse comes. Yep- it already happened. I try but can not imagine myself or my familiy in the situation those German civilians found themselves in. One lady saved her family because her husband, killed in the war, left behind a huge cigar collection. She used the cigars like money, and got through it. Cash was useless. Commodities were everything. Government was worse than useless- it was quite harmful to folks surviving. As each thing the people came up with to get around the gvt regulations, the gvt would step in and outlaw it- trying to drive the people back into the outlandish ideas the idiot pols kept coming up with. Each time, though people would begin trading something different- and sneaking out at night collecting weeds to eat (hopeful no one would see them and rush in and plunder the new patch). In the end, people became like "Zombies"- not caring about property, each other, all they thought of is getting something to either cook with, heat the home with or eat- and some of the things they ate - ugh! Many starved to death- children were the most pitiful. But, governments did that to the people with hair brained ideas they were just determined to make work no matter the cost. When no one knew what to do, they just did something to make themselves look important and it really hurt- did tremendous damage. The same thing went on in the US under Roosevelt.

My mother talked about the camps, the WPA and the CCC- they were really forced labor camps. Some judges would sentence young men to them like jail to get them off the streets. My Uncle actually went to prison for escaping the camps twice. The economic policies of Roosevelt never worked, at all- just made things worse and worse-. On my Great Uncle's farm in Missouri, mother was living there as a last resort (Uncle was a monster), but one day the soldiers came, gathered up their dairy cows- more than a hundred head and shot them, dug a huge ditch and buried the carcasses and dumped in all the butter and milk, dead cows from farms all around- buried it all and left. Why? Government program to control milk prices- Uncle's and neighboring farms were just not part of the program- so, gvt came in and took care of business (protecting the big dairies- big business donates big campaign contributions, ya know). The same laws are still enforced to this very day!

Only WWII brought us out of it, not government planning and policy. Governments can be deadly, violent orgs hell bent to hurt people if people let them get out of hand. They shield themselves behind the mantra, "For the Greater Good!"- next thing ya know, you're burning Jews.
    MM excellent post.

There is a tendency to forget how money dying can play so heavily on a people. It becomes about survival.

This talk of UN invasion blah blah is nonsense, the US Government has nothing to be afraid of, only its own people - guns. Fiat currency has a long history of failure. As the example above, it turns very ugly.

We are already seeing massive stress on the US dollar, how far it will go before it breaks (or recovers?) is anybodies guess, but one thing we have seen is that the US Government has been bailing out big business, useless schemes have been initiated etc. More importantly, printing money at a rate of %13 annually, history tells us this is a leading indicator of a currency on the brink.

It is prudent to keep an eye open, it is foolish to keep your blinkers on.