Thread: Info/price request on auction firearms (non-tactical/sporting)

Default Info/price request on auction firearms (non-tactical/sporting)

My parents go to some auction every month or two and there are several firearms listed for this month. Most are shotguns, but there are one or two bolt or lever actions in there too. My dad is curious about them and whether they'd be worth the buy and how much. There's 16 on the list and I plan on trying to look up stuff on my own about them, but figured I'd ask here since I have just about no experience with any firearms like these. I appreciate any help you guys can offer, and I can get the link for the pictures (there's only one of each) if you guys want. Honestly I have no idea why he wants them, just for a collection and maybe very occasional shooting I guess. Here's the list:

LC Smith 12ga double barrel

Remington sportsman 12ga auto

Winchester model 12 16ga

Remington 870 wing master 16ga

Fox sterling worth 12ga double barrel

Brazil CBC 12ga

Winchester model 37 12ga and 16ga

Stevens model 240 410/410 with 2 hammers

Stevens model 311 12ga

Charles Oakley 20ga double barrel

LC Smith 20ga double barrel

Remington 1100 12ga, 20ga, and 16ga

Rifles:

Marlin model 39A golden .22

Marlin Model 336 30-30 lever

Savage model 110 7mm w/ scope

Remington model 510 target master
    Last edited by Wake27; 03-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

Quite a few of those shotguns could be very pricey, depending on the grade, year, condition etc....

Your Savage long action 7mm mag is a very common big box store package. Things to look for: If the rear of the receiver is round, not flat is more desirable. If it has the Accutrigger, it is also more desireable. You know an accutrigger by the second blade on the trigger like a Glock. A heavy barrel increases the value substantially. If its a flatback, with a cheap scope (Like Simmons) and non-accutrigger they routinely sell under $400. $4-500 for a round back and accutrigger. If it's a law enforcement model (Bolt says "Tactical" and has a heavy barrel) up to about $1,200. If its a good scope someone added and not part of a package, then it really varies but my guess is its a package rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    Quite a few of those shotguns could be very pricey, depending on the grade, year, condition etc....
    I realize that just about all of these are going to depend on all of those factors... I think he kind of pinpointed the Remington's as maybe being worth a few hundred and I think it was the LC Smith he found out was pretty expensive, so he was going to see what type of price its going for. I guess we're just trying to find out if any of these are junk to stay away from at any price or if any may be worth a few hundred. Really don't think he's trying to spend more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    Your Savage long action 7mm mag is a very common big box store package. Things to look for: If the rear of the receiver is round, not flat is more desirable. If it has the Accutrigger, it is also more desireable. You know an accutrigger by the second blade on the trigger like a Glock. A heavy barrel increases the value substantially. If its a flatback, with a cheap scope (Like Simmons) and non-accutrigger they routinely sell under $400. $4-500 for a round back and accutrigger. If it's a law enforcement model (Bolt says "Tactical" and has a heavy barrel) up to about $1,200. If its a good scope someone added and not part of a package, then it really varies but my guess is its a package rifle.
    I'm looking at the picture and can't tell about the receiver, but it doesn't look like it has the accutrigger and the optic doesn't look too high-quality so I'm assuming its just a cheaper package deal.

Here's the link to the page:

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

The firearms are maybe 3/4 of the way down. Again, I appreciate it guys.

Yep, standard big box store package Savage. $300 or under is a bargain. People buy em up for donor actions at that price. The Stevens .410 double looks really nice but I don't have a clue to value.