Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Times - Peril from Patriots

Default LA Times - Peril from Patriots

There are, in increasingly frightening numbers, cells of angry men in the United States preparing for combat with the U.S. government. They are usually heavily armed, blinded by an intractable hatred, often motivated by religious zeal.
    They're not jihadists. They are white, right-wing Americans, nearly all with an obsessive attachment to guns, who may represent a greater danger to the lives of American civilians than international terrorists.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...tory?track=rss
    Last edited by USA_1911; 03-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.

LA Times opinion piece. What were you hoping for?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    This.
    Please tell me you're not surprised 1911.

No Good Bloody Seppo California Joe's Avatar

I'd imagine that you could replace the word "Patriot" with "*******" in some cases. I'm not going to get all SPLC but there are probably a few out there...You know, the ones like Sherm that did Ted Nugent....

Was this written by a 12 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by panzrman View Post
    Was this written by a 12 year old?

Close. A middle aged leftist with a mind of a 12 y.o.

Quote Originally Posted by California Joe View Post
    I'd imagine that you could replace the word "Patriot" with "*******" in some cases. I'm not going to get all SPLC but there are probably a few out there...You know, the ones like Sherm that did Ted Nugent....

All Americans can sleep safe tonight knowing that the SPLC is out there on the front lines of the war against.... pickup artists???
    [*******#000000][FONT=Helvetica]The so-called “manosphere” is peopled with hundreds of websites, blogs and forums dedicated to savaging feminists in particular and women, very typically American women, in general. Although some of the sites make an attempt at civility and try to back their arguments with facts, they are almost all thick with misogynistic attacks that can be astounding for the guttural hatred they express. What follows are brief descriptions of a dozen of these sites. Another resource is the Man ****z website (man****z.com), a humorous pro-feminist blog (its tagline is “Misogyny: I Mock It”) that keeps a close eye on these and many other woman-hating sites.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Also listed in the latest "Intelligence Report":
    Reddit: Mens Rights[*******#333333][FONT=Arial]A “subreddit” of the user-generated news site Reddit, this forum describes itself as a “place for people who feel that men are currently being disadvantaged by society.” While it presents itself as a home for men seeking equality, it is notable for the anger it shows toward any program designed to help women. It also trafficks in various conspiracy theories. “Kloo2yoo,” identified as a site moderator, writes that there is “undeniable proof” of an international feminist conspiracy involving the United Nations, the Obama Administration and others, aimed at demonizing men.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]RooshV
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [*******#333333][FONT=Arial]Roosh Vörek is a Maryland-raised PUA (“pick up artist”) whose specialty is *** with foreign women; his blog is a sales vehicle for his books like Bang: The Pick Up Bible and Bang Iceland: How to Sleep With Icelandic Women in Iceland, which one Icelandic feminist group described as a “rape guide.” Vörek likes to talk about his many “notches” (seductions) and such things as “American ****s who I want to hate ****.” He adds: “I’ll be the first to admit that many of my bangs in the United States were hate ****s. The masculine attitude and lack of care these women put into their style or hair irritated me, so I made it a point to **** them and never call again.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

I see what you did there partner...

The member that no one remembers. IconOfEvi's Avatar

You just can't handle the power of the General Lee...

Member The Blues Brother - Jake's Avatar
    I don't need to listen to no jive preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattfink View Post
    This. 987654321

Quote Originally Posted by Mu-Meson View Post
    All Americans can sleep safe tonight knowing that the SPLC is out there on the front lines of the war against.... pickup artists???
    You must be great fun at parties.

Tom Waits is my Batsignal ronnieraygun's Avatar

I hate how pop culture vis a vis the increasingly weightless opinion editorial has no long term memory. Randy Weaver, Waco, Oklahoma City and even Fight Club were supposed to be telltale signs of some nascent male revanchism that we were supposed to lose sleep over. Nothing new under the sign. There are the same hotheads blowing hot air about this and that but they are not any more insidious or numerous than before. I also read "How to get anything you want from a woman without having to marry her" in the 90s and it succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. I never did get married but I have a wonderful life partner and her kids to help out any way I can. Just because I made some incipient lesbians cry in the battle of the sexes doesn't mean I need the internet to go all Dyke Watch 2012 on my ass.

So let me get this straight, there are a lot of assheads like Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink and all of those borderline mental patients out there on the "Left" that we all make fun of because they are clearly at Diane Feinstein levels of absurdity....Right? But a guy writes an article about how there are some gun toting, I hate half black Presidents, *****tards out there that channel IconofMental and his "coming race war" prophecies and everyone declares that to be inconsequential and absurd levels of silliness? Hell, there are people on this board that think that. It is an LA Times editorial, it's not even well done. He paints all of us with the same brush, which is flat out wrong and patently offensive. I'd like to knock him out personally....

Just because I own guns and support the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean I associate myself with every d*ckwad that owns an AR and thinks they're going to put a hurt on the Gubmint when they come for their guns and calls themselves a "patriot"....

Bite my shiny metal ass! beNder's Avatar

So let me get this straight, there are a lot of assheads like Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink and all of those borderline mental patients out there on the "Left" that we all make fun of because they are clearly at Diane Feinstein levels of absurdity....Right? But a guy writes an article about how there are some gun toting, I hate half black Presidents, *****tards out there that channel IconofMental and his "coming race war" prophecies and everyone declares that to be inconsequential and absurd levels of silliness? Hell, there are people on this board that think that.

Just because I own guns and support the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean I associate myself with every d*ckwad that owns an AR and thinks they're going to put a hurt on the Gubmint when they come for their guns and calls themselves a "patriot"....
    OMG!! CJ hates America! Check his birth certificate!

My father's WWII unit, the 87th Infantry Division JUNKHO's Avatar

MOD CJ says for $0.02 you get d*ckwad!