Thread: LBT Comfort Armor Suspension System (CASS)

Default LBT Comfort Armor Suspension System (CASS)

Anyone have any experience with this piece of gear? Specifically any Marines using the issued plate carrier? I'm seriously considering investing in one, as our issued KDH plate carriers have been causing some serious shoulder pain.

Never used one, but it looks like a waste of money to me. Try throwing some sort of padding on your shoulders before you throw your combat pay at that garbage.

Seems pretty damn expensive, but I probably would have given it a shot had something like this been around before I deployed. I always liked to offload as much as I could to my Blackhawk belt, which were connected to HSGI suspenders I wore underneath my plate carrier just to ensure it didn't slip down my ass. Personally I really liked that setup, but this would probably work even better by putting some of the weight of the plate carrier itself on to your hips.

You might want to check out Mystery Ranch's BASE Frame. It's cheaper, at the very least.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/base-frame

It just seems like it would be awkward to wear on patrol...oops, boot unlaced...wait, can't bend over! dammit! using a belt to take some weight off your PC sounds like a far better solution than strapping into that craziness.

Years ago I added some paraclete shoulder pads to the shoulder straps of a plate hanger.

Cyre had a plate carrier offload to belt set up too.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-BLC02...A2-Load-System

Just wait till the LGBT armor system comes out. That stuff protects against everything...

I'd be curious to know if the StKSS system would work with the issue plate carrier. . After doing some research, it looks like it's designed to work with plate carriers with rigid sides (supposedly Crye's plate carriers have this quality more than KDH ones). I imagine the mystery ranch one would as they originally developed our FILBEs and a few other pieces of gear we use now.
    I put some HSGI shoulder pads on my plate carrier after using it for the first few weeks, but they don't make much of a difference. I'm skeptical that the shoulder pad route is the way to go, but I also bought the cheapest possible shoulder pads, so there may be something to that.
    Thanks to all for the feedback thus far.

As stated above, I really think these support systems sound like a terrible idea due to rigidity (if you can't move, you can't fight) and failing the test of simplicity. if your plate carrier is too heavy, you either A need to take some crap you don't need off, or B you need to look at a better physical fitness program. I walked around in OIF for years with over 80 lbs on my vest and I managed just fine. I've started putting some basic stuff on my rigger belt, and I have come to like this system. Honestly, save your money