Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Club-K Container UAV & missile system 2013

Banned user
    if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into a pit

Default Club-K Container UAV & missile system 2013

A nice wet dream. These things aren't as "stealthy" as they appear to be. They'll show up quite differently on thermal imagers, for example, then ordinary containers. No point in trying to disguise these things if you're not operating under enemy fire, which this video doesn't show.

Also, pretty sure it's against the laws of war to disguise military ships as ordinary civilian transports.

Quote Originally Posted by AIG View Post
    A nice wet dream. These things aren't as "stealthy" as they appear to be. They'll show up quite differently on thermal imagers, for example, then ordinary containers. No point in trying to disguise these things if you're not operating under enemy fire, which this video doesn't show.

Also, pretty sure it's against the laws of war to disguise military ships as ordinary civilian transports.
    I think if they reveal their true flag before opening fire; it's alright

And who's going to scan every container of every cargo ship - with thermal imagers?

These things aren't as "stealthy" as they appear to be. They'll show up quite differently on thermal imagers, for example, then ordinary containers.
    Thanks Mr Engineer/General/Admiral. Didn't know you had such a thorough knowledge of the design of these systems. I am sure those damn stupid ruskis didn't think of the stealth aspect of the weapon system they are specifically marketing for its "stealth" qualities.

Why would they show up on thermal imagers? The generators running the systems on these things would only be fired up presumably just before launch. So unless you were watching the container just before launch (at which point the TEL would erect the missiles anyway giving up the game), it wouldnt detect anything. Finding these things would be like finding a needle in a haystack of needles, if they were hidden amongst all the other containers in a country.

How's that Hopey Changey thing workin'? C.Puffs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Thanks Mr Engineer/General/Admiral. Didn't know you had such a thorough knowledge of the design of these systems. I am sure those damn stupid ruskis didn't think of the stealth aspect of the weapon system they are specifically marketing for its "stealth" qualities.
    They claimed the Mig 1.44 was stealthier than an F-22 too.

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C.Puffs View Post
    They claimed the Mig 1.44 was stealthier than an F-22 too.
    No one said anything of it. Especially the fact that the jet had only 1 built. I think you are trying to just discredit the Russian's by lying.

Quote Originally Posted by sepheronx View Post
    No one said anything of it. Especially the fact that the jet had only 1 built. I think you are trying to just discredit the Russian's by lying.
    I see your knee-jerk is as strong as ever. Go read articles from the time period.

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

I see your knee-jerk is as strong as ever. Go read articles from the time period.
    You are the one with the wild claim. You provide it for us please.

Quote Originally Posted by sepheronx View Post
    You are the one with the wild claim. You provide it for us please.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mig+MAPO+claims...hier+than+F-22

Now you can apologize for calling me a liar. (Though I suspect you have neither the balls nor integrity to do so.)

Meh. That's nice and all, but the U.S. has technology that can penetrate through metal to detect any anomaly. TSA is armature compared to what the DoD has.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    Meh. That's nice and all, but the U.S. has technology that can penetrate through metal to detect any anomaly. TSA is armature compared to what the DoD has.

And has had for sometime. (I suspect both sides have.) Go read the MX missile thread of a week or two ago. There's a video in there where they discuss the extraordinary lengths they were going to have to go through to make sure a decoy MX couldn't be distinguished from the real deal. And this was back in the late 70s early 80s.

no proof of what you`ve claimed at all. that doesn't make you a liar, just not well informed .

Quote Originally Posted by Kalo View Post
    no proof of what you`ve claimed at all. that doesn't make you a liar, just not well informed .
    Yeah, I'm sure it's just a big conspiracy and all those sites attributing Mikoyan are just making it up. FFS how old are you anyway?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mig+MAPO+claims...hier+than+F-22

Now you can apologize for calling me a liar. (Though I suspect you have neither the balls nor integrity to do so.)
    Which link exactly? All are mostly the same forum posts as yours or some middle-school grade's text pages with no links to original statement.
    And guess what?
    Not even one match in Russian:
    http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&...w=1280&bih=923

So yeah, continue to use sources with plazmatealz and so on.)