Thread: Pakistani Commando Bullseye

Default Pakistani Commando Bullseye

[*******#000000][FONT=Verdana]Pakistani commando bullseye, perfect marksman.

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=016_1362729702

Is this like regular exercise for Pakistani commandos ?

A varation of this type of "training" i dont see the benefits from this but i'm not a warrior ...

Usually the more ninja ***** a unit does when they're trying to demonstrate their effectiveness, the less competent they are.

Then again, units could be forced to do stuff like this to keep up funding, depending on how disconnected the senior officer corps is from reality and how they perceive "competence".

Edit: I hadn't seen the Pakistani video when I made this post. Never mind what I said, it clearly does not apply.
    Last edited by IR5; 03-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.

It's only 'ninja-cool' until the target-holder looses a finger or a part of his brain.

Hoots mon there's a moose loose aboot this hoose.

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    A varation of this type of "training" i dont see the benefits from this but i'm not a warrior ...
    I was expecting Victoria Beckham to show up doing a bit of vogueing with her latest gimp collection. Tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Lob View Post
    I was expecting Victoria Beckham to show up doing a bit of vogueing with her latest gimp collection. Tossers.
    In fairness it is a mashup video of what are likely performance peices either for particular audiences or for their own particular reasons.
    Given the fitness of the Men and their apparent proficiency/confidence levels I am not going to critique them, even if I cannot think of any real particular 'training' aspect to this (I dont think it has anything to do with training at all as far as I can tell). As said above it might also be due to attempting to gain funding priorities (Competition so to speak)

And yes as someone said, quite dangerous....

Quote Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
    It's only 'ninja-cool' until the target-holder looses a finger or a part of his brain.
    Absolutely agree. I hadn't seen the Pakistani video when I made my first post. Even in the Romanian one it looked like one of the shooters hit pretty close to his buddy's head.

the video is probably shot with some phone camera and doesnt look ''official'' by any means

The individuals in the first video look like they are from Punjab Police Elite Force ie the Pakistani state of Punjab.

Some of this is for demo purposes, but the shooting of objects with human beings standing next to it, or actually holding it, is definitely skill based. It is one thing to shoot targets without someone standing next to it and another when a human being is there. Our Our top CT units train with people sitting or standing next to targets during room clearing or hostage rescue drills. How can you be a shooter on a special operations team tasked with HR and you have never shot your weapon at a target with a person next to it? That's right, you really can't if you are expected to handle the stress of putting rounds on a target next to a human being. Very difficult to do it.

That's all nice and dandy, but can he do that with hatchets thrown in the middle of a backflip? Untill then I will remain unimpressed...

Quote Originally Posted by bugkill View Post
    Some of this is for demo purposes, but the shooting of objects with human beings standing next to it, or actually holding it, is definitely skill based. It is one thing to shoot targets without someone standing next to it and another when a human being is there. Our Our top CT units train with people sitting or standing next to targets during room clearing or hostage rescue drills. How can you be a shooter on a special operations team tasked with HR and you have never shot your weapon at a target with a person next to it? That's right, you really can't if you are expected to handle the stress of putting rounds on a target next to a human being. Very difficult to do it.
    Okay, a fair point, but I'm pretty sure live-fire HR exercises in the US aren't done like this.

The shooter wasn't moving, he was shooting with one eye closed and had time to set up his stance and every shot as best he could. That was by no means combat shooting.

I would have been relatively okay with this if there wasn't such a small distance between those tiny ass targets and the guy's head and hands.