View Poll Results: What do u think ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • T80

0 0%
  • T72-T72 WITH MOD

17 100.00%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is it T72 OR T80 (PIC FROM SYRIA) ?

Cool Is it T72 OR T80 (PIC FROM SYRIA) ?

T-72AV, Syria do not have any version of the T-80.

That exhaust outlet on the left side is a pretty clear indication it is a T-72.

Thanks for ur answers,then it's indeed a t72 .

T-80 series also have different road wheels, different turret, driver have 3 vision blocks not one, different is also cupola.

These photos should help to see the differences.

T-72AV

T-80BV

T-64BV

Despite similarity, visible differences are very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian٩٠;٦٦٣٩٤١٣
    T-٨٠ series also have different road wheels, different turret, driver have ٣ vision blocks not one, different is also cupola.These photos should help to see the differences.T-٧٢AVT-٨٠BVT-٦٤BVDespite similarity, visible differences are very clear.
    You seem to have pretty good experience.

note also the single periscope of the T72 compared to the t80's 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    T-72AV, Syria do not have any version of the T-80.
    how do you know it is the ax version?? could be the m1m version!! Or the bv even if is quite unreal that Syria got the T72 bv

how do you know it is the ax version?? could be the m1m version!! Or the bv even if is quite unreal that Syria got the T72 bv
    Maybe because I see what version it is and I have proper knowledge about differences between these versions?

First thing that there were no such thing a sT-72M1 with Kontakt-1, there were only T-72AV.

T-72M1M is more advanced variant (there were at least two versions called T-72M1M, first was later renamed T-72S and the second have completely different ERA).

As for T-72BV, such tank do not exist, if you would have at least some knowledge about soviet tanks, you would know that V suffix was added only to tanks that had added ERA but as overall design, these tanks were never designed with ERA installation in mind, it was just later addition.

T-72B was from the beggining designed with ERA installation in mind, thi is why it never got suffix V in it's designation code, after ERA installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    Maybe because I see what version it is and I have proper knowledge about differences between these versions?

First thing that there were no such thing a sT-72M1 with Kontakt-1, there were only T-72AV.

T-72M1M is more advanced variant (there were at least two versions called T-72M1M, first was later renamed T-72S and the second have completely different ERA).

As for T-72BV, such tank do not exist, if you would have at least some knowledge about soviet tanks, you would know that V suffix was added only to tanks that had added ERA but as overall design, these tanks were never designed with ERA installation in mind, it was just later addition.

T-72B was from the beggining designed with ERA installation in mind, thi is why it never got suffix V in it's designation code, after ERA installation.
    i see actually the site cast.ru refer to a modernization of 1200 syrian t72 to the m1m version.. you should know that every tank could be fitted with ERa with minum modification so it's possible to got a t72m1 with kontakt 3 Era the kontakt 1 is not in production anymore... second you should be awaare that syrians use two kind of E.RA. and the kontakt 3 and the iranian version that got smaller pieces.. as for the t 72 Bv, i'm pretty sure i red that venezuela bought the bv1 version of the T 72 so i guess that is a common designation!
    by the way nothing personal

I guess you're right about the T72 bv

i see actually the site cast.ru refer to a modernization of 1200 syrian t72 to the m1m version..
    No such thing ever happened, it is false information, show me these 1,200 T-72M1M in Syria.

you should know that every tank could be fitted with ERa with minum modification so it's possible to got a t72m1 with kontakt 3 Era the kontakt 1 is not in production anymore...
    What Kontakt-3? Again, you do not know the subject but you talk about it, funny.

Of course that every tank can be fitted with any type of ERA, however all evidences suggests that Syrian tanks are T-72AV with Kontakt-1 ERA, and Kontakt-1 does not need to be manufactured, there are huge quantities of manufactured cassettes in storage.

second you should be awaare that syrians use two kind of E.RA. and the kontakt 3 and the iranian version that got smaller pieces..
    Syrians use Kontakt-1, and why Iranian clone should have smaller cassettes? Do you have any proof for this, or this is another assumption from some silly internet site?

as for the t 72 Bv, i'm pretty sure i red that venezuela bought the bv1 version of the T 72 so i guess that is a common designation!
    Venezuela bought T-72B1 with is T-72B without 9K120 guidance system form 9M120 Svir GLATGM, there is no such thing as T-72BV1.

I guess you're right about the T72 bv
    Of course I am right, that T-72BV does not exist in real world.

By the way, can you write in a more proper way? Reading your posts hurts...

BTW you should seek better source than internet, like books, here is a title for a good start ---> Т-72 Уральскя броня против НАТО

well my english isn't that bad... at that it's what americans said... i don't know where you are from but it seems to me that you re a pretty ffull of crap. well you say you know a lot about tanks.. Doesn't may be you do but if do not know what is kontakt three era or the western intel is crap or you got much to learn about tanks... About the iranian Era just take a damn pics of any type 72z and compair it with a russian tank fitted with era....

about cast.ru the brought false information right so you got more source of information than them.. Waht are you a FSB agent?? Or just some one that reads wikepedia a lot??