Thread: How do you store your kit?

Default How do you store your kit?

I am frustrated with my existing military equipment storage at home, so I am doing a rebuild next week and I am looking for other people's solutions.
    The kit in question: uniforms, including heaps of cold weather clothing, boots, ruck, and many small items.

How do you store your kit?

We're lucky to have a spare room in this house where it all gets chucked, last place had a rumpus room down stairs where we did the same thing.

I've made a 'trunk' out of ply, simple build where all my won't-touch-that-for-a-year stuff goes that's stuffed under a table.

If I wasn't in this situation, I'd make up a set of shelves out of ply and 2x4's, then a series of smaller ply trunks that could be stacked if needed.

Ikea has some good cheap shelving that's deep enough and strong enough for my various gorilla boxes marked with descriptions such as "Cold weather" "extra crap" "OCP" and "break glass in case of deployment or zombies"

Giant tupperware storage bins stacked in the garage.

I've got a walk in dressing room, all lined with closets from ikea, 2x 400x280x60cm, mine is as big as the one my misses uses, I've got a third of it all hanged out and layed out with uniforms/equipment. Nevermind that I did only wore my uniform 3 times this year I still need to hang on to it. Further more do I share a car with my co worker, the trunk is filled to the rim with our equipment. And last but nut least I've got a day pack in my private car so I can respond to emergency's and wait for my co worker to meet up and deploy further.

Packed and ready to go......

Rest in big green acquired space trunks.

Call me OCD, but I like labeling the crap out of stuff. Between large gorilla boxes and smaller plastic storage bins, pretty much everything has a spot. My current job sends me out into the field or on temporary duty with minimal warning, so I've gotten into the habit of leaving my ruck and patrol pack down in the basement so I can pack in about 2 hours and be off.

You poor bastards. We get issued two giant Pelican 1630 cases for our kit.

agreed. I only wish we were that lucky.

Boxer briefs

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    You poor bastards. We get issued two giant Pelican 1630 cases for our kit.
    Whatever. There is no way I could fit all my crap in two Pelican cases.
    I have lots of backpacks, duffles, ammo boxes and some large tuperware type containers.

Inside the bed coffins and wall lockers issued to our barracks room.

Nothing Fancy... who needs fancy anyways?

I bought one of these in MC when they had them for $99.99 shipped, awesome deal. I keep my plate carrier, RRV, ACH, spare SAPI's, IBA, extra pouches, battle belt and more in it. They have the ACU/UCP version even cheaper, my that pattern makes my **** soft so I refuse to buy anything in that color.
    http://lbtinc.com/bags-backpacks-pac...ing-11287.html

I then keep most of the rest of my of kit in my Ruck, with some extras in a Gorilla Box. I do have a lot of my extra issued crap in my locker at work, but that's because I'm required to keep my issued kit there- good thing I don't actually use any of my issued crap.

Curing The Sick With My Noodley Appendage

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltesherz View Post
    I bought one of these in MC when they had them for $99.99 shipped, awesome deal. I keep my plate carrier, RRV, ACH, spare SAPI's, IBA, extra pouches, battle belt and more in it. They have the ACU/UCP version even cheaper, my that pattern makes my **** soft so I refuse to buy anything in that color.
    http://lbtinc.com/bags-backpacks-pac...ing-11287.html

I then keep most of the rest of my of kit in my Ruck, with some extras in a Gorilla Box. I do have a lot of my extra issued crap in my locker at work, but that's because I'm required to keep my issued kit there- good thing I don't actually use any of my issued crap.
    I have a grey one. Their tan ones are now on sale too.