Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Israel launches first air strike on Gaza since truce

Default Israel launches first air strike on Gaza since truce

Israel has carried out an air strike on the Gaza ***** for the first time since an eight-day war ended in a truce last November.

Hamas, the Islamist group that runs Gaza, says aircraft bombed fields near the border and no-one was injured.

The air strike followed a Palestinian rocket attack on Israel on Tuesday which also caused no injuries.

Israel and Hamas have been observing an Egyptian-mediated truce after last November's fighting.

The Israeli military confirmed the air strikes, saying it had targeted "terror sites" and was "in response to rocket fire".

Israeli newspaper Haaretz said the air strike was near the northern Gaza town of Beit Lahiya and came after militants in Gaza fired two mortar shells into the western Negev desert.

Since the truce came into effect, Israel has eased restrictions on allowing building materials into the Gaza *****, imposed when Hamas came to power there in 2007.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22010969

Retaliatory strike* since the "truce".

It was the third time since the so-called 'truce' that the so-called 'Palestinians' launch successful rocket/mortar attacks from Gaza.

On December 23 they launched a rocket, which exploded in Gaza.
    On February 26 they launched a 107-mm rocket that reached Ashkelon.
    On March 21 they launched a number of rockets, at least one of them exploded in Sderot.
    And now they launched a mortar attack on villages near the border.

But BBC tells us that "[*******#333333]militants in Gaza fired two mortar shells into the western Negev desert"[/COLOR], as if they were targeting the desert, and never mentions previous violations. "Israel launches first air strike on Gaza since truce" - that is the message they want to pass.

And now I hear another "Red Color" and some explosions...

Banned user
    if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into a pit

The Israeli military said in a statement on Wednesday that its aircraft had targeted "two extensive terror sites" overnight and that "accurate hits were identified".

The interior ministry in the Hamas-ruled Gaza ***** said planes had bombarded an open area in northern Gaza and that there were no injuries.

Earlier, the Israeli military said Palestinians had launched three rockets towards Israel.

A coalition of Salafist groups claimed its fighters had fired two rockets at Israel on Tuesday afternoon.

The Mujahedeen Shura Council said in a statement received by the AFP news agency that its action was "part of our answer to the death of Maisara Abu Hamdiyeh".

Abu Hamdiyeh, a 63-year-old prisoner from the occupied West Bank, had been suffering from throat cancer. His death on Tuesday morning sparked Palestinian anger, with officials blaming Israel for allegedly refusing to
    release him early on compassionate grounds.

Israel and Hamas agreed to an Egyptian-mediated truce in November, after eight days of fighting, in which 170 Palestinians and six Israelis were killed.
    http://m.aljazeera.com/story/201342224616528324

This is why I love Israel's "defense" strategies. Reminds me of OIF III when our rule of thumb was: if something gets shot at you, you shoot something bigger back. Not critisizing, I really do love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    This is why I love Israel's "defense" strategies. Reminds me of OIF III when our rule of thumb was: if something gets shot at you, you shoot something bigger back. Not critisizing, I really do love it.
    total agree,the respond should be twice

Must be the jews stealing land and settlement building again.

This article by Robert Kaplan comes to mind:
    http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/israe...htful-cynicism

Then there is Gaza: once again, like southern Lebanon, "mow the lawn" once or twice a decade, though this might be harder in a post-Arab Spring geopolitical environment because of the greater danger of unhinging Israeli-Egyptian relations. Still, in Gaza there is no existential threat, nor a real solution, regardless of what the diplomats say. Idealists in the West talk about peace; realists inside Israel talk about spacing out limited wars by enough years so that Israeli society can continue to thrive in the meantime. As one highly placed Israeli security analyst explained to me, the East Coast of the United States and the Caribbean have periodic hurricanes. After each one, people rebuild, even as they are aware that a decade or so down the road there will be another hurricane. Israel's wars are like that, he said.[LEFT][*******#000000]
    Read more: Israel's Insightful Cynicism | Stratfor
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]
    The grass starts growing back, until it's the time to "mow the lawn" again. Business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Noah ה View Post
    Must be the jews stealing land and settlement building again.
    Please spare us your asinine comments.

I think he was sarcastic.

Anyway, good job Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    I think he was sarcastic.
    I know. That's just another kind of asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXL836 View Post
    It was the third time since the so-called 'truce' that the so-called 'Palestinians' launch successful rocket/mortar attacks from Gaza.

On December 23 they launched a rocket, which exploded in Gaza.
    On February 26 they launched a 107-mm rocket that reached Ashkelon.
    On March 21 they launched a number of rockets, at least one of them exploded in Sderot.
    And now they launched a mortar attack on villages near the border.

But BBC tells us that "[*******#333333]militants in Gaza fired two mortar shells into the western Negev desert"[/COLOR], as if they were targeting the desert, and never mentions previous violations. "Israel launches first air strike on Gaza since truce" - that is the message they want to pass.
    14 rockets to be exact. (Hebrew source)

Banned user

Eating eggs & hash browns. Nahal %^&*@strong 111.

Testing to see if Bogie is/isn't Barak?