Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24hr Airsoft Gameplay at Wolfhound

Default 24hr Airsoft Gameplay at Wolfhound

Gray Fox Using Contours at Stirling Airsofts Op Wolfhound with Team Diablo and Team Colbalt.

One might ask, if you already go that far to simulate, why not try the real deal?

I get the idea behind airsoft...hell I played paintball as a kid and had a blast, but the dollar amount you guys pour into this stuff is something I just can't wrap my head around...

HOLY SH~ ! I wonder how much the participation fee was to have armors, boat insertion and a big ass playground !? They indeed went real far ! Too far ? I dunno. We got pretty big OPs in France too (rental tourism planes used for CAS, civil choppers for insertions at 100€ the ride, vehicles)

In France, last weekend, there was a 24hrs OP too, but far less impressive, 2-3 armors, "buildings" were just written boards nailed on trees, and it was a complete rip off of 65€ per head for almost 300 players (and a lot of bad reviews : Inexistent HQ, bad refering, and when orders came from the organizers, they made no sense)

It'd be fun to try one day, but I wouldn't really like to do it often. I don't like when things get too serious in airsoft... My team organizes post-apocalyptical OPs and they are funnier than "modern" scenarios (Battle Arenas ! Raiding poor survivors ! Mercs ! Booze !)

[FONT=Verdana]
    Quote Originally Posted by BMF View Post
    I get the idea behind airsoft...hell I played paintball as a kid and had a blast, but the dollar amount you guys pour into this stuff is something I just can't wrap my head around...
    [/FONT]
    ... I confess... But I often resell my old stuff to buy new stuff (sold an AEG M4 to buy a GBBR M4. Gear + AEG sold = 310€ => GBBR+accessories = 360€ => Net expense : 50€) Poor players shouldn't attach themselves to their stuff...

TG211: hey man, not judging at all. Way I figure there are far worse hobbies you all could be into...hell, you're not sniffing glue on the side of the road so I say good on you all, have fun!. I can't say I wouldnt participate if friends of mine bugged me enough, I don't see it as any better or worse than playing xbox or paintball or anything else. Honestly I dig on the WW2 and other re enactors, that's good stuff. people need to remember history and I figure that's as good a way as any.

My only "concern" when I see some of this is just the loss of reality that seems to come through when I watch some youtube videos. Seems like a lot of people are just having fun, but there is obviously a certain percentage of the participants who probably think they could just waltz on into a rifle company and succeed via their "experience". I cannot even imagine my potential reaction if some airsoft player tried to school me on the "right way" to do anything, pretty sure that player would regret it. again not judging at all, enjoy your hobbies I say.

No offense taken, BMF ! (did I sound tense ? Not at all ! Just sharing what I've seen in this small world of airsoft)

There are indeed "those guys" that really go to crazy lengths. I admit I'd go for the curiousity ! But if I'm gonna LARP, I'd choose something less serious and into fantasy (*****, dude ! There was a PIRATE OP ! Lol ! Boats build on small wheels and cardboard ! That was fun ! They even organize Western LARP, and V-N reenactement, but stay away from modern conflicts by choice).

WW2 are good too ! Never tried because I don't want to spend on all the required gear and commitment, but the vids and pics I saw were nice ! And for a change, Eastern Front scenarios are interesting too !

For me, it's just entertainement. Never crosses my mind to act like I'm someone I'm not. I've seen guys spending outrageous money to buy stuff used by the real military... I'm just a sunday player who likes his hobby ! Why should I spend 600€ on an Eotech for God's sake !? Yes, some are crazy like that.

maybe I'll show up at one of these and just kick some wannabe ranger's ass so I can use his kit on my next deployment. lord knows the army can't afford EOTechs, so why should that guy get one? plan is a formin'

LOL ! Worst thing is that you might be right ! My friend Dal, previous team leader of us, and certified ex-military (chasseur alpin, french mountain troops) said once he never got most of the stuff he saw on some guys ! He always buys cheap and only what he needs for airsoft, which means : no scope, no electronic sight, no fancy pouches that are empty, only a chest rigg for the mags, and that's all. A very functional no-BS man.

Once, he humiliated us with a spring gun and a rubber knife. 10 outs in a row...

Years ago when I was a kid, a friend of mine's dad ( marine, vietnam vet) did similar to all of us with a $20 paintball gun.

Lol that was a pretty dramatic video. Whoever put it together did a good job. Looks like a really fun place to play too

BMF deffienetly has some good points, and I like how ya summed it up TG. The games that my group play are a lot less hardcore than this, I've never been to a scenario like it, but I have to admite it looks like fun

without delving into too much detail from anyone, how much does a day of this airsoft stuff end up running a player in total?

That's a pretty loaded question, I would think. It all deppends on where ya play, or if you play at a professional field or just play outlaw

For me, our group charges $20 a year, which just goes to adding to the field, so for me a game of play is free if I have ammo, 20 bucks if I have to restock.

These larger games would charge much more, obviously. With these big games I believe you also have to think about food, refreshment ect.

Tom of Mumbai's fluffer ubermensche's Avatar
    On a beach, having a nice BBQ with Marine SEALs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomiq View Post
    One might ask, if you already go that far to simulate, why not try the real deal?
    Because in the real deal, people shoot back. With real bullets.

cool video

Those guys from the video are from the UK and quiet famous among the airsoft comunity in Europe.
    here is their web page http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/

And their videos on youtube are just awsome!, including insert games with helicopters and boats.