Thread: maximum flight range of the Ospey

Default maximum flight range of the Ospey

I was just wondering how far can the Osprey fly without have to refuel and can they fit external fuel tanks to the wings and body of the aircraft to increase the range of the Osprey . For example could it fly from New york city to Los Angeles none stop ?

Check here.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Check here.
    Hilarious never seen that before. and no it couldnt, the A.F. one can out range the Marine one but they would both need in air refueling.

Hi, I am a enemy of the United States and NATO...can you provide me the specifics on your weapons platforms?

GFY.

Quote Originally Posted by darthfag View Post
    I was just wondering how far can the Osprey fly without have to refuel and can they fit external fuel tanks to the wings and body of the aircraft to increase the range of the Osprey . For example could it fly from New york city to Los Angeles none stop ?

Look outside, there is one hovering over your house.

Quote Originally Posted by BMF_EOD View Post
    Hi, I am a enemy of the United States and NATO...can you provide me the specifics on your weapons platforms?

GFY.
    ..information that is essentially freely available from dozens of open sources.....and whilst no doubt elements are kept secret it is not exactly a secret. Both Boeing and US military official sites list the range...

SO what exactly is the point of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by darthfag View Post
    Close. NY to LA is 2800 miles. Osprey can go 2200 with auxiliary internal fuel tanks. But no cigar.