Thread: Prince Harry visit to amputees

Default Prince Harry visit to amputees

Lots of time for him, a true character. He mother would have been proud

Senior Member Breakfast in Vegas's Avatar

Prince Harry is indeed a credit to his country and the forces.

It is also fascinating to see how prosthetic technology continues to advance.

Never paid attention to the Royals, but Harry comes across as the kind of guy you could have a beer (or three) with.

I think there's something to be said about how he acts in this compared to most royal visits.

Most would appear in a suit, perhaps with some medals and stand there bolt upright and exchange a few words with a firm handshake. Nothing wrong with that, all of the members I've met have been most polite and lovely people who do genuinelly care...

But Harry is something else entirely. He turns up in uniform, immediately sits down beside them and starts chatting about their deployment. Notice what the US soldier/marine (not sure) says back to him about Kandahar, he's just straight up asked about what happened as a fellow soldier. Because he is a fellow soldier. Harry sees those in uniform beside him as someone just like him. In essence, he's not a royal here.

That's definitely the sort of attitude I can respect. Much props to the lad.