Thread: Al Qaeda in South Africa , the (not so) new source of training

Default Al Qaeda in South Africa , the (not so) new source of training

[FONT=Georgia]US and British intelligence have warned the South African authorities to stop “*****footing” with intelligence regarding international terrorists activities in South Africa. “The fact that no bombs have gone off to date in the country doesn’t mean that the threat doesn’t exist within South Africa’s borders,” they warned. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]They have been frustrated for some years with the South African authorities for not taking action against perceived international terrorist threats.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]South Africa is a signatory to the United Nations resolution against international terrorism and is thus obliged to act against any such threats.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]Despite overwhelming intelligence information gathered well before the 2010 Soccer World Cup in South Africa, no action had been taken to date.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia]The cause of the anxiety stems from the fact that thousands of illegal immigrants from Pakistan manage to cross into South Africa, while the government appears to turn a blind eye.[/FONT]
    Rest here: http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/artic.../#.UZDM5kplEkG

Quote Originally Posted by Dinges View Post
    My apology - I did not see that the story was already cover by you!. I also posted it under general discussion.

But in any case..."where there is smoke there is fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric79 View Post
    My apology - I did not see that the story was already cover by you!. I also posted it under general discussion.

But in any case..."where there is smoke there is fire!
    No problem , the mods can merge or delete if needed.

Not really a surprise that they are there.

The question is why is the Government taking no action, especially against the 3 known training sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Kat View Post
    Not really a surprise that they are there.

The question is why is the Government taking no action, especially against the 3 known training sites?
    Maybe the Guptas are training some new security guards there?

If the RSA Government is not prepared to act against the AQ camps, then maybe someone else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Kat View Post
    If the RSA Government is not prepared to act against the AQ camps, then maybe someone else will.
    And who would that be, I wonder? The political fallout with all its possible consequences comes to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak-Sauce View Post
    And who would that be, I wonder? The political fallout with all its possible consequences comes to my mind.
    Agreed, any nominally 'white nation' goes in and it will hit the fan.

Good day all there is a book out, that covers this in depth..called Black Widow Whit widow by De Wet Potgieter.. pages 126 to 129 decribes some action taken..

South Africa is huge, violent, and in many places in a state of quasi-anarchy. Perfect terror breeding ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    South Africa is huge, violent, and in many places in a state of quasi-anarchy. Perfect terror breeding ground.
    Bull****. Please do go on though...

The South African Governments intelligence community has dedicated structures to address terrorism, unfortunately most of these are focused at right wing elements, with swift arrests being made on fat middle aged men who are provoked into action by agent provocateurs, while AQ continue to generate funds and use the corrupt state department officials to arrange false passports for AQ and its affiliates operating in Africa.. hopefully some predators will visist some death and destruction this side of the limpopo river.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanadian View Post
    Bull****. Please do go on though...
    boet, what part of this is bull*****? SA is certainly geographically large, indubitably violent, and I can take you to areas which are lawless by most civilised standards - the cops wear kevlar, carry R5's SOP, get to use them often. As far as islamic extremism goes, when last were you in the Bo-Kaap or Atlantis on a Friday at midday? Or Durban or Port Elizabeth. Do you really believe that every one of those thousands of faithful are reserved moderates? Who do you think gave sanctuary to Samantha Lewthwaite here for years? Our cyber-policing is also pre-historic - still using the old S205 subpoena to get banking records...

Sounds like Canada.

Cops wear kevlar, carry C8 carbines, have no go areas, and lots of Muslim extremists...

Quote Originally Posted by Africanadian View Post
    Sounds like Canada.

Cops wear kevlar, carry C8 carbines, have no go areas, and lots of Muslim extremists...
    Canada is also just a tiny bit bigger than the RSA