Thread: India 'honour killings': Paying the price for falling in love

Default India 'honour killings': Paying the price for falling in love

A young couple who were planning to marry were brutally murdered in the Indian state of Haryana on Wednesday. Police are treating the case as an "honour crime". The BBC's Zubair Ahmed visited the village in Rohtak district where the incident took place.
    There were about two dozen grim-faced people - all men - waiting at the village cremation ground for the body of a young woman who was beaten to death allegedly by the same waiting crowd.
    An hour ago, just before I reached the village, the same group had lit the pyre of the woman's boyfriend.
    He was murdered, allegedly by the same people, and police officers said his "hands were cut off, legs chopped off and head severed from the body".
    And soon, the two pyres were burning side-by-side. The woman and the man's families together attending the last rites of the murdered couple.

Dharmender Barak, 23, and Nidhi Barak, 20, were allegedly killed by members of Nidhi's family in Garnauthi village in the northern state of Haryana on Wednesday evening.
    First, Nidhi was beaten to death and then Dharmender was dismembered alive.
    No remorse Nidhi's parents and an uncle have been arrested. A fourth villager - a driver - has also been held. Police say they are treating the double murder as an "honour crime".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-24170866

You do realise that there is a PD&R and OT&H section on this forum ?

A pakistani lecturing indians on "honour" killings. I'm getting some pop-corn.

I hope they hang.

The Government needs to set an example by just not only sentencing them to death but actually putting these sick people to death.

RIP to the couple.

what next on the list mate? Onion being imported from Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by TG211 View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same. Smells like a trolling/flamebait attempt.

Rest in Peace to the couple. I hope the authorities punish the perps asap and set an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaran View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same. Smells like a trolling/flamebait attempt.
    Too bad for him our indian members are smart and "fall" for those in a witty and relaxed way (implying they don't fall for it). And they already oppose these "practices", so I find it funny someone calls them out on it. Pakistan is being called out on a lot of problems, yet doesn't seem to want to act on them. It's even stronger than the pot calling the kettle black.

Rest in Peace to the couple. I hope the authorities punish the perps asap and set an example.
    Yep. Sanctions need to pass out the message "Your crimes, was it really worth it, huh ? HUH ?!"

Quote Originally Posted by hulaku View Post
    Is your society crime free ?
    Refer to post number 11 please before we (the board collectively) come out with inferences of nationalist injustice. Just heading it off now before it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    Refer to post number 11 please before we (the board collectively) come out with inferences of nationalist injustice. Just heading it off now before it comes up.
    I refer to what you wrote. I quote again
    [*******#333333]Quite sickening to think that in certain regions entire bloody countries behave like this! I'm all in favour of sending said backwards countries and regions even further back in to the stoneage...[/COLOR]
    Is collective punishment to a whole settlement/village/county the norm in your country for an individual's/family's crime ?

Quote Originally Posted by hulaku View Post
    I refer to what you wrote. I quote again

Is collective punishment to a whole settlement/village/county the norm in your country for an individual's/family's crime ?
    Have i stated i am aware that this is not indicative of India's mentality as a whole? Yes. Are we going to pretend that there are other regions of the world however that haven't reached quite such an enlightened stage as most others? I certainly hope not.

I think the 'individual's/family's crime' classification is a bit of an injustice to the couple if you ask me, too.

Savages, mine as well not bother wearing clothes and speaking a language. Just resort to loin clothes and clubs already.

This doesn't happen in the Land of the Pure.

Quote Originally Posted by TG211 View Post
    Please bring me some, thanks.